|Reviews for Les filles du lys de la montagne|
| whitley 5/31/10 . chapter 2
This chapter, every interaction with Noriko and Shimako was so poignant, so pleasing to read, even if the actions were lonely. Thank you so much, so excited to finish this story.
I really enjoy your style of narrative. I had a hard time deciphering when someone was speaking at first, but have gotten used to your unusual punctuation style. I think I have found a "favorite" story.
I tend to overlook Shimako the most in Marimite, I am a Rosa Chinensis family fan. I am adoring the White Roses here. I do hope to see more Maritmite fic from you in the future, perhaps? Regardless, thank you, this one is sticking with me.
| Devb 1/21/10 . chapter 6
Wonderful piece of work. Thank you for sharing.
| cowabanga 1/7/09 . chapter 6
Gosh! The way you tell every part of the story is completely compelling! This whole thing (your fanfic) feels like a realy good book, which I couldn't put down! It is also good that you really keep the characters in their original way and not inserting any extras like other fanfics, like Sei for example. It almost feels as if this was an official sequel-novel; the intimate scenes were very expressive and romantic and it's a good thing they were mild. I truly wish you'd write a sequel! Seriously, I'd wait for one!
| KazeLightbringer 9/21/08 . chapter 6
That's the only word that comes to mind if I wanted to describe this fic. The way you described things made my imagination run, as if I were in those places, as one of the characters.
I think this is too much to ask for, but can I request a sequel? Just to know what happened to them in New Year's.
| wing-wings 2/28/08 . chapter 6
Man, I have been following this fanfic from the very beginning. I can't believe so much time has passed since then. That said, this will always remain one of my top, all-time favorite Marimite fics ever. Absolutely gorgeous. 100,0 points!
| rin 1/27/08 . chapter 6
i love this story
r u gonna do a sequel? i'd love to know what happens next
| Little Donkey 1/22/08 . chapter 6
Whoa...Love the chapter. After this I re-watched episode six of Spring/Haru and wondered if you re-watched that too while writing this chapter, lol.
Now I am going to blame you for making me add this pairing into my mental favourite pairing list. x_x
| raito48 11/12/07 . chapter 5
I've been waiting for this new chapter for so long !
You have really amazing ideas,shiori got this sei-like friend and these cosplay stuff...wow
That was so interesting!
And I just can't wait to see what would happen when shiori and sei meet again...
| Sereenie 10/24/07 . chapter 1
Finally done with the series, so I picked this up, as you requested! I'll put in my comments one after another, without mothering to link them. I figure you won't mind! (I won,t double-check my tupoes, nyar!)
1. Fleur-de-lys is "yuri"? Bwahahaha!
2. "Gay as premier"–*g* I bet that's the first time Boisclair makes it into a fanfic! Hehehe!
3. "IL ÉTAIT UN FOI"–I haven't seen that ad, but I'm pretty sure that whatever it was, it should have been "une foi" (unless it was about liver problems, in which case it would be "un foie"!).
4. Mont-Royal is a city; mont Royal is the hill. Only exception to that rule is when something is named after the mont Royal, for example, "parc du Mont-Royal" (it's the same logic as for "boulevard René-Lévesque," for example).
5. Sei's accent is priceless! And she has such a foul mouth! I have to say, it's a bit unexpected to hear such a great grasp of the accent after only a year, though.
6. "3 POUR CENTLE FONT"–you forgot a space there.
7. About visiting the metro in a day: I think adding the "I had a pass" bit is kind of misleading. After all, even without a pass, she could have done it at the regular rate (which is what, $2.50 these days?). As long as you don't exit a station, you can stay in the subway as long as you want.
8. When talking about the churches, it might be worth mentioning the Marie-Reine-du-Monde; after all, it's a scale replica of St. Peter's in Rome.
9. BERRI-UQÀM–blast the day when UQAM changed its logo. That "accent" isn't an accent at all: designers publicly admitted that they only put that there ro create a "graphic balance" for the Q's tail and that it shouldn't be considered an accent. Ever since, people started writing UQÀM, and it's a mistake. So the station is called Berri-UQAM. (yeah, one of my pet peeves!)
talking about Expo 67, I think Sei would have mentioned that Notre-Dame island is artificial, created with all the earth removed when digging the subway tunnels. It's an interesting fact that she's likely to have known and passed on as a "tour guide."
11. "sainted glass picture"–shouldn't that be painted glass picture?
12. "BATÊME"–Typo: it should be baptême.
13. Radio-Canada isn't just a TV station, it's also a couple of radio stations.
14. "[...] faire votre reconnaissance"–is that "reconnaissance" a voluntary mistake to show that Shimako doesn't speak French? If not (which is possible, since she says she is only repeating what she has learned by heart), then it should be "connaissance".
15. Mme.–never takes a period. It's Mme, period. (bad pun intended!)
16. "À n'a pas dormi"–interesting mix of "bad" French and proper syntax! This should be ither "À l'a pas dormi" or "À 'a pas dormi". Also, change cracher to crasher, because I'm certain Shimako has never spat in her life!
17. "French Canadian girls are ugly"–OK, forget about further reviews! Humph! :0P (Seriously, though, it's the first time I hear that, as the opposite is what's commonly conveyed in fashion circles... too bad I didn't get *those* genes!)
So, that being out of the way, I'll add that this is a very good start, and it has me wanting to read more. I love your vivid descriptions. Knowing all those places quite well, it was like being back there. I am sure it,s the same for someone who hasn't, because it's all there in your words. One thing I forgot to mention before, though: the bit about "we could get married" might be made a bit more explicit. Some might read it only as jest without realizing that gay marriage actually is legal here.
| Andwick 10/16/07 . chapter 5
For some reason I hadn't looked at this before. I've just read all five chapters at a go. It's amazing work. Your knowledgableness about Catholicism adds an extra dimension that is often missing from fics of this sort, and of course you're just a very good writer overall. I agree about the suspense, though. I'm not going to be really happy until you continue. J'attend le chapitre prochain avec molto anticipation, my French sucks, sorry about that. Please update soon!
| Little Donkey 9/13/07 . chapter 5
Only managed to read the first two chapters on LJ and didn't know the rest were on Good to find it here.
Really love the way you portray the three S-characters (I just realised all their given names start with S...). Very IC. Well, dunno 'bout Shiori since she didn't have enough screentime...but your Shiori really does sound like the Shiori Sei would have fallen for.
I even find myself reading all the religious parts and not skimming through it as I usually do, me being not really religious...The fic seems so real with all the descriptions you put into it, made me properly read it and appreciate the hard work you put into it.
Alright, enough with my rambling, (also wanted to note you like people before me did, it seems stuffed up the 'special characters' - putting pixelated boxes in their place)
| jmcconnor 8/23/07 . chapter 5
oh crap...so either shimako gets hit by the car...or it SWERVES to avoid her and hits shiori!
the suspense! I know you must take your time to craft each chapter, but...the suspense!
| samysquirrel 8/5/07 . chapter 5
Ah, you updated as I had hoped you one day would! The chapter is as interesting as the other four, I find the development on Shiori particularly interesting being the Shiori fan I am. Still something odd has happened to this chapter. All the apostrophes have become odd symbols and the name Therese too is riddled with such oddity! I am not certain if this is a problem with my computer(I doubt that though, as the other four chapters appear just fine), but I thought it best to bring this to your attention. Good day and good luck to you!
| EphemeralOne 8/2/07 . chapter 5
Wow. I am so glad to see you finally back. I loved this story when I first read it recently, and must say I had given up hope of it ever getting finished. My overall impression: this is a really nice character development chapter for both Shiori and Shimako.
I will admit I did find the religious chatter a little dull (but then I'm not a religious person so the subject matter doesn't interest me much or make much sense to me). But I can see that for spiritual Shimako, and ultra-religious Shiori it is a natural conversation point.
I found Shimako's final actions to be relatively in character for her. We know that she is quite opinionated and willful in the series, despite her calm demeanor
And as some others may have pointed out, something funky has happened with the formatting. I ended up having to go elsewhere to read this because it gave me the shits trying to read with big blocks replacing apostrophes.
Well done, and hope we don't have to wait *quite* that long again for an update. :)
| Portmanteau 7/31/07 . chapter 5
A! I've been waitimg so long for this chapter! thank god it's here :D love it! but the symbols are wrong .-. it's wierd lol...but besides that it's really good xD ca't wait for moree!
question: if shimako gets hit by a car...does that mean Shiori and Sei have to meet in the hospital? *-* hope so, because they seriously need closure...that way Sei can move on and be with Shimako neh? ;D