|Reviews for She Came Around|
| Guest 4/12/13 . chapter 5
| Abby Elyse Samuel 4/12/13 . chapter 5
BEST BIRTHDAY GIFT EVER! I love, love, love it!
Emmett & Bay are so sweet together. I love how you nail their personalities. You understand both of them so well. And Dylan is absolutely precious in your hands. Oh, how I want to meet Dylan on the tv show, too! The way you describe him makes me smile a mile long!
Here’s a list of things I love:
1. I love how Emmett felt the heat emerging from Bay's temple when he kissed her, before she even woke up.
2. I love that Dylan has Emmett's features, but when he smiles he emulates Bay and that makes Emmett happy.
3. I love that Emmett signs to Dylan. And I love that Dylan laughs at the thought of visiting Grandma Kathryn and at his daddy making the sign for monster.
4. I love that Emmett wanted to talk to his son about love and women! So cute!
5. I love that Emmett calls his son Dyl. I love that Emmett realizes he abandoned his ideology about life for Bay.
6. I love that Emmett doesn’t want to raise Dyl in a bubble (Emmett is going to be such a good dad).
7. I love that Emmett thought he wouldn’t get Bay back at one point and it was unbearable.
8. I love that Dylan spit up while Emmett was waxing philosophical! Ha! Ha! So cute!
9. I love the idea of Emmett texting Kathryn, as if she is his “mom” too, and I love that he felt Bay stir as he did it. I am so glad they are together.
10. I love that Emmett takes care of Bay. It’s obvious—he loves her deeply.
11. I love that Bay said, "Not sick. 98.6. Perfectly fine" and Emmett’s first thought was, “Bullshit.”
12. I love that Emmett remembers what happened during Dylan’s birth and that he’s a little overprotective because of it.
13. I love that Bay and Daphne are like sisters and that Emmett loves them in different ways.
14. I love how you used Wilke’s term “BF—biggest fan” when Emmett admitted Wilke had not always liked him. And I love how Wilke is “starting” to respect Emmett again, although, to me, that leaves the door open to the idea that Wilke is still a little leery of Emmett, and I like that, too. It’s always good to keep Emmett on his toes. I don’t believe Emmett would ever allow himself again to be in a situation where Wilke, Daphne, & Bay are all close, and he is on the outside trying to get back in. Once in a lifetime is enough for that experience!
15. I love how Emmett asks Daphne when she and Wilke might be starting a family and she answers soon. Daphne’s pregnancy might just be what propels Bay to want to have another baby, too. It would be fun for the two sisters to have babies close to the same age.
16. I love Emmett’s line, “Ew. Line. You. Crossing it” and Daphne reminding Emmett about his Brooklyn Decker comment back in high school.
17. And I love Emmett’s “LOL. True that” comment that reminded Daphne of Toby.
18. I love the interaction between Emmett & Bay when she texts him and how he shakes his head at her.
19. And I love how Emmett indulges Bay even though he says that he won’t! It’s so cute when he says, “Oh for crying out loud.” And I love that he gets up and walks to THEIR bedroom. So cute! And Bay just says, "Oh, good. You got my SOS." Ha! Ha!
20. And I love how Emmett watches “The Notebook” with her (oh, the irony) and how he asks her, "Do you want my testicles, too?" And yet, he watches it with her and even likes parts of it.
21. I love that Emmett realizes Bay is right, without her he would be "Some poor lonely Deaf James Dean."
22. Their marriage looks perfect to me!
| bluebaby3296 4/11/13 . chapter 5
Awwww so cute! I love it. More more more
| Guest 3/15/13 . chapter 4
| palominoquarter 3/10/13 . chapter 3
Great story, Are you continueing it?
| Kate 12/22/12 . chapter 3
This story is so cute,you have to write more of them!
| Vero Diaz 11/25/12 . chapter 3
wheres the next chapter?
| bonesbemmettlover 11/20/12 . chapter 3
| Michaela 11/14/12 . chapter 2
LUV IT! I've read this story tons of times. WRITE MORE!
| osnapitzcrisann 11/3/12 . chapter 3
omg aww this story is so adorable! please update soon!
| marri 11/1/12 . chapter 3
Awe so sweet! I love when he remembered them picking out names and Im glad you're continuing with this story.
| Abby Elyse Samuel 10/30/12 . chapter 3
You did it again! I love this chapter so, so much! Thank you for writing it. I cannot tell you how much pleasure reading it gives me. I have the biggest smile right now!
This website (and this particular page for "Switched at Birth") is the first fanfiction I have ever read in my life. There are a couple of other authors that I want to review, because I enjoyed their stories, too. But your stories mark my first ever reviews.
I'm not sure why I chose to do a list, but it works for me right now, so I am going to continue. Maybe it is because there are SO many things, so many special details, that I love about your stories! Here goes:
1. I love that Emmett could sense when Bay went into labor. That is so incredibly romantic. I love their connection to each other!
2. I love how you foreshadowed that Bay's life might be in jeopardy, right in the very first paragraph. That is so cool! I wondered as I read it the first time, and then, I dismissed the thought, but when I got to the part where Bay delivers Dylan and her vital signs weaken, I knew where you were going and I LOVE IT! What an important plot twist for showing Emmett's love and devotion to Bay.
3. I love how proud Emmett is about having Bay as his wife and becoming a father. It's especially sweet when he imagines introducing his family to the world and thinks about the two of them starting their own legacy. I can tell how much he loves her.
4. I loved the scene where the two of them are in bed together talking about something as everyday and "real world" as buying a new car.
5. I loved Emmett's reaction when the best reason Bay could come up with is "because" and I loved Bay playfully throwing a small pillow at him when he smirked. The only thing I would have added, is that after he kissed Bay's adorable face, I would have had him put his hands on her growing belly and made some promises to their baby. I like the idea of the two of them sharing that kind of intimacy before their baby is born.
6. I love that when Emmett arrived at the hospital the first thing he wanted, no, the first thing he needed, was to see Bay. It reminded me of that scene where Emmett shows up at the school supply store to ask Daphne if she had seen Bay since her return from the Galapagos. The first words out of his mouth were, "Have you seen Bay? How is she?" Emmett is so transparent. I love that about his character! You paint him perfectly with your words.
7. I love that Kathryn was giving Bay ice chips and that Emmett thought Bay looked amazing when he arrived in the delivery room. I love that he observed how nervous Bay was, but that he knew she was trying to put up a brave front.
8. One of my most very favorite things about this chapter is the scene where Emmett remembers Bay giving him the news that she is pregnant. That scene is so tender and sweet. I love how you showcased Emmett's insecurities. I cannot express how much I love this scene. I could probably give this scene its own Top 10 list. I love how Bay says, "Good. Good. That's...good," when Emmett says that Chinese food is fine. You don't just tell me Bay's nervous. You show me. I can picture the whole scene in my mind like a movie and I LOVE IT! I love that Emmett has a flashback to prom and his mind immediately anticipates the worst. It is so revealing. I love that he was willing to forgive Bay, if she did stray, and that his ultimate concern was that she did not intend to leave him. I love that he says, "No. Please, Bay, please. Just keep it to yourself." He is so vulnerable to Bay. I love that about his character. I love that Bay began to cry, and that he felt like an ass for accusing her. And then, I love the best moment of all, the one where she actually tells him that she is pregnant, and I love that he needs her to repeat it and that his smile is a mile long. His response is beautiful: "This is AMAZING. This is something WE made together. This is us in there. Of course I'm okay with it. Bay, I am so okay with this." And I love Bay's response that she really wants this. God, they are so sweet together. I love them.
9. Then, you go right into the climax of the chapter, and boy is it a doozy. Emmett struggles with watching Bay endure a difficult labor and delivery. He experiences the joy of holding his firstborn child in his arms, and then, as he brings the baby to Bay, she has lost consciousness and her vital signs are failing. I love how he frantically tries to sign to the doctors, and I feel his anguish as he is ushered out of the room. I love that Daphne tries to comfort him. I love his memories of discussing, and then, finding out the sex of their unborn child. I love how they came up with the name Dylan. The poem you mentioned is perfect for Emmett and Bay, because they heed the wisdom of that poem in the way they live their lives. This line really tugged at my heartstrings: "He couldn't do it emotionally either, look at this child they created together that Bay had carried and be reminded of her." God, I was crying inside for Emmett at that point.
10. And I love how you ended the chapter with Bay being okay and Emmett telling her, "Don't you EVER do that to me again. Okay?" I can see Emmett being worried and anxious, when it is time to discuss having a second child a year or two later. But I can also see Bay being stubborn and wanting to give him a daughter. Just like the poem says, Bay isn't the type to go gentle into that good night. She's more a rage-against-the-dying-of-the-light type, just like Emmett. That's why they are so good together. I think a baby girl is in Emmett's future one day. And the line from John Kennish is priceless. I like when he and Emmett bond. Maybe Emmett could go to him for advice about Bay in a future chapter?
I got end this review by saying thank you again. I love the pictures you create in my mind with your words. You are doing some amazing things with these characters, so much so, that I find myself wanting their lives to turn out this way on the show, too. THANK YOU! Amy
| Amethyst Lynn Willow 10/29/12 . chapter 3
Awwwww this was so sweet and emotionally intense. I LOVED IT!
| becc-gallanter 10/29/12 . chapter 2
i would love it if you wrote the birthday party. or just some more oneshots of bay and emmett as a married couple. there really arent any stories like that.
| marri 10/29/12 . chapter 2
And praise the gods of the fanfiction universe! You made a second chapter :). It was so sweet. I loved Bay and Dylans mommy-son relationship. Is there possibly a third in works?