|Reviews for New-U|
| Hanana 6/17/13 . chapter 19
Hello! I just wanted to say that I loved your fic! I found it amazing. I've done nothing for the past few hours but read it! I recently got the game and beat it so that's why I'm so late to the party. :P Please PLEASE keep writing angel/zero? I love them together.
To answer your questions:
1. what did you like most?- I was in love with how you made zer0 look visually and how you wrote him and angel as characters I really liked to. I liked how you made them have a relationship which I've never really seen before and I really liked then together. I also appreciated how you included almost all of the mainish characters also.
2. What did you like least?- I would've liked to seen more Angel/Zero. I know that they were a pairing but I wanted to see more parts with them falling for eachother. At the end it seemed more friendly then any sort of romance. I also would've liked to seen Kreig but it's ok. I think it was still great with Gaige. And like you said more POV would've been great and maybe if you worked more into their feelings and thoughts more. I love to know how characters feel and think in a fic. In the story you had zero/angel as the main pairing but it seemed like a lot of the story didnt revolve much around them which is fine i just wouldve like to sww more of them. I love them together! Please don't take any of this badly I loved your fic to death. -
3. Anything i shouldve added/changed?- Heh pretty much covered all that in #2. My bad.
4. Did I do ok with angel?- I loved how you portrayed angel. I loved everything about her.
5. Lengths ok?- The lengths were just fine. I no problem with them at all!
6. Did tou notice the R titles?- Hah I didn't even notice. I was so busy reading I barely noticed the titles. xD
| Laconeko 5/21/13 . chapter 9
The spy in Hyperion would, obviously, be Jacks aide. It is the most badass position for a spy to be in.
| Laconeko 5/20/13 . chapter 5
Nice Portal reference there.
You did good work on Gaiges parents, they put most badasses on Pandora to shame. It must run in the family.
| Laconeko 5/20/13 . chapter 3
In the vault of the Warrior and the treasure room of Leviathan there are eridian statues. Don't know if they are made in the image of the eridians or their gods(?), but their faces bear some similarity to Zer0s helmet.
| Zero612 5/11/13 . chapter 20
A very enjoyable and nicely written story. I applaud you.
| kattycha01 5/4/13 . chapter 9
your story is very heartwarming at the moment, Tiny Tina being adopted by Gaige's parents made me go 'GWEEE'. I usually 'squee' but that move prompted a brand new onomatopoeia into existence.
| kattycha01 5/4/13 . chapter 8
A Portal!Turret! Awesome!
| Dawn of Chaos 4/26/13 . chapter 1
:'D I must say, just from here I know I'm going to have to read more (although it'll take me forever lol). I didn't think coming from tvtropes would produce much. Boy was I surprised. XD This was one of the only two Borderlands fics listed.
Anyways, very well done. Especially with the limited information. I only noticed a couple minimal corrections I would personally make x'D but I think that would be more my preference than anything.
Nonetheless, great job.
| Scarlette Bee 4/14/13 . chapter 19
Hello! I love your story, and even though it didn't go as far as I wanted (fangirl smooch face) I love your light romance and subtle flow between Zer0 and Angel. Honestly, I normally like Zer0 x Gaige stories, but I like the idea of the childlike Angel getting a highlight here.
1. I love your interpretation of Zer0. You kept him pretty in character, and from the new dlc for the games, he has a very strange personality. He's the cool, badass assassin, but a goof ball at times as well. He makes lame things seem much more badass.
2. I myself make mature fanfics. I'm working on 12 different stories right now, and all of them are rated M. But that isn't for everyone, and I respect that, so it's not massively bad that you just had a small kiss on the cheek as the romantic highlight.
3. More romance of course! I love romance in fanfics, and I myself am working on a Borderbutts fanfic for Zer0 x oc. Ya don't need no french kissing, but some snuggles, cuddles, and good ol blushing is what I like.
4. I thought Angel was incredibly cute. You kept her in character. She's not been outside too much, therefore wouldn't have much experience with the outdoors. But she is a siren, and as a siren has a higher capability of survival. You did really good with her.
5. Good lengths for them and I can't wait for more Borderlands Zer0 x Angel fics from ya! You have a very good nac for writing, and although there are a few grammatical errors, I'm super happy with your writing and description of characters and situations.
6. I didn't notice until you said something XD
| transcendantviewer 4/8/13 . chapter 20
I guess I can't blame you for wanting to do other stories, I sometimes take a week or so off from mine to work on another... And I did like the ending to your story, but I would have to loved to see how their relationships would have developed under your imagination.
| Jestus the Strange 4/2/13 . chapter 19
1. What did you like most about this fic? (My answer: I really enjoyed writing Jack's scar story.) What I liked most about your fic was your portrayal of Zer0. Now whenever I play the game, I can't help but think of him as an Eridian. Top notch.
2. What did you like least about this fic? (My answer: I thought my descriptions got a bit lengthy sometimes, there were a couple slow chapters that I didn't particularly feel thrilled about.) If anything, I would say that I didn't like the couple of slow chapters in the story. The overall narrative held together pretty damn well, but I feel it could have moved along a little faster.
3. Was there anything you wanted to see happen that wasn't covered? Characters? (My answer: I probably could have explored other people's POV more. I did more Zer0 and Gaige since I played those two characters in game, never got around to going further than Sanctuary with the other three.) I think more depth with the characters would have been nice. That being said, what we got on Zer0 was exquisite.
4. How was my characterization of Angel? (My answer: I hope I did okay. She's pretty neutral throughout both games.) What you did with Angel makes me wish this story were cannon cause I would love to play through the game as Angel.
5. How were the chapter lengths? Was its ok/too short/too long? (My answer: I aimed for 4k words minimum every week. The way I planned the events seemed to fit that just fine. The only exception was Chapter 14, which I considered a climax point of sorts.) I don't think the length of the chapters was too short or too long. It felt fine to me.
| Guest 4/2/13 . chapter 20
great story, loved it.
you should make a squeal.
about another vault or zero's species trying to kill him again.
| Link Beyond 4/1/13 . chapter 19
Congratulations on finishing! This is one story I've stuck with, and I'm glad I did.
1. The best thing was just the continuation of that 'what if' scenario. You added so much to the universe that tied in so well, not just the build up of the characters.
2. Like you said, a couple of slow chapters. The rearranged time frame chapters caught me out and took a little getting used to.
3. No, everything fitted in nicely as it is. (Well, there could have been more Claptrap... )
4. Angel's character fitted well with the story. Yes, she's a Borderlands character who's fine with taking up the fight, but she's had a sheltered life and can be hesitant.
5. Good length, worth taking the time to read.
6. I didn't notice, but nicely done!
| Rise Against713 3/28/13 . chapter 20
Great stuff. I liked the Roland zombie and Butt Stallion best. Thanks again for writing this story.
| Eowyrio 3/28/13 . chapter 20
As I've said, the discrepancies don't detract from the story. It's still a damn goo... eh, a darn good story. The extra content was rather enjoyable as well (I especially enjoyed the Aquator vacation one, but the Portal story just kind of flew over my head).