|Five people who joined Chloe’s yoga class
Author: Shenandoah Risu PM
Five people who joined Chloe’s yoga class on the Destiny.Rated: Fiction K+ - English - Chloe A. & Col. E. Young - Words: 665 - Reviews: 2 - Favs: 4 - Published: 04-04-10 - Status: Complete - id: 5868929
|A+ A- Full 3/4 1/2 Expand Tighten|
Title: Five people who joined Chloe's yoga class on the Destiny
Author: Shenandoah Risu
Category: SGU, Five Things
Season/ Spoilers: season one
Archive: please ask me first
Disclaimer: I don't own SGU. I wouldn't know what to do with it. Now, Young... Young I'd know what to do with... ;-)
1. "Colonel Young, may I have a moment of your time?"
"Certainly, Ms Armstrong. What can I do for you?"
"I never thanked you for the kindness you showed me after my father died, when you came to talk to me. It meant a lot to me, even though I'm afraid I was rather rude to you."
Young shakes his head. "You'd been through something nobody should ever witness."
Chloe nods. "Still, I wanted to do something for you. I see your legs are still giving you trouble, from the evacuation. I think I can help, at least a little bit. I'd love for you to come do some yoga with me. I'll show you some stretches that will help improve your mobility."
Young smiles, and is that a hint of a blush?
"I don't really have a yoga body," he begins but Chloe cuts him off.
"There is no such thing, Colonel."
He gestures at her, and now it's Chloe's turn to blush.
"Why, thank you. So please? Will you come? Tonight at 7, in the observation lounge. Bring a blanket."
And sure enough, he's there that night, amazed at how many others she's managed to rustle up. And after about a week he does notice a distinct improvement. He'll never have a "yoga body", but it sure feels good to simply feel better.
2. "Aww, I don't know, I'm not really into this sort of thing," Greer tries to get past her, but she's like a little terrier with a chew toy, and he finally stops to listen to her.
"Look," she says, "We all have our problems, heaven knows I've got my share. Trust me, an hour a day will give you a chance to focus on something else. And if you come I'm sure a lot of the other military personnel will join us as well."
Greer finally gives in, just to get rid of her, but during the first session that night he notices many admiring stares, and it makes him aware of his body in a way he's never been. It gives him a warm, fuzzy feeling, and it's a nice change from the anger and sadness and worry that tends to consume his evening hours.
3. TJ needs no persuasion at all.
4. Eli is there, of course, so eager to please at first, but she slowly sees the change in him as well. Instead of watching her with undisguised puppy love his gaze becomes more introverted, a genuine display of concentration. And his balance improves dramatically, as does his stamina. And when Colonel Young goes crashing to the floor during the Reverse Triangle pose, he's there right away, helping him back up and offering his arm to steady him.
It makes her smile.
5. To her great surprise and delight Lisa Park turns out to be an experienced yogi.
"I grew up next door to a Yoga Studio. I watched them all the time, and when the class wasn't too full they'd let me sit in, since I was just a kid. I haven't done it in ages now, but it's all so familiar."
And she launches into a Sun Salutation so beautiful and fluid, so full of strength and concentration it blows Chloe away.
They have never talked much before then, but now there is this common bond between them, a mutual respect and understanding.
Note: This story was first pubished on the LiveJournal community sg1_five_things on March 29, 2010. FEEDBACK = LOVE!! Thanks for reading!