|Drowning, not waving
Author: Bower-Of-Bliss PM
30 year old Bella Swan is the swimming instructor who teaches the Sunday morning daddy and baby classes. Although he's a forbidden man, her attraction to Edward Cullen, the newest daddy to join the Waterbabes group, is instantaneous. Can Bella drown her libido and maintain her professionalism? B x E x H2O equals slippery when wet. All Human. Romance. Humor. Minimal angst.Rated: Fiction M - English - Humor/Romance - Bella & Edward - Chapters: 150 - Words: 248,451 - Reviews: 8,637 - Favs: 2,515 - Follows: 3,410 - Updated: 04-21-13 - Published: 09-16-11 - id: 7385794
|A+ A- Full 3/4 1/2 Expand Tighten|
This will be the one and only time I'll say it... I don't own Twilight or its characters, but I do own this plot. Just remember that for future reference.
My other story Isle E.S.M.E. 2412 is a convoluted mind fuck, and there are times when I just want to write something easier.
I fell in love with short chapter fics (sometimes known as dribble-fics) so I decided to have a go at writing something dribble-like or dribblesque... dribblelicious?Anyway... it was an excercise to see if I could post an update on a regular (maybe even daily) basis.
So for a while there things were going along swimmingly (pun intended) and I posted on a daily basis... some days I even gave you multiples (mind out of the gutter... perverts!) and then real life got in the way when I had to go back to work four days a week, so updating has been somewhat difficult at times. So while this started as a drabble, it kind of got out of control and the chapters got longer and longer and the interval between the chapters, too.
So as for updates... it happens when it happens, but I still hope to post an update regularly.
1) Dribble-type fics typically have short chapters... do not be alarmed! This is completely normal. Initially, the shortest chapters should be viewed as pieces of a puzzle.
2) There will be many chapters. This is not because I am a review h00r. If you choose to review every chapter then that's very thoughtful of you, but I don't write the short chapters just to bump up my review tally.
3) This story is about UST. Unresolved Sexual Tension. My characters will not be fucking any time soon... it's all about the build up. If you want instant gratification there are a bazillion other fics that will cater to your whim. I suggest you type the word "Smut" or "Lemony" in the search engine instead of anything written by Bower-Of-Bliss. I prefer plot/character driven stories where the sex (when it happens) is meaningful. That's just how I roll.
4) Haterz move to the left. If you have nothing nice to say, then say nothing at all and just flounce (quietly). Instead, save that energy for your other favorite pastimes... such as treading on puppies, stealing candy from children, and denouncing Santa, the Tooth Fairy and the Easter Bunny. In otherwords, I don't need my spirit crushed, thanks.
5) This story, at times, will be bordering on crackfic, so if it makes you laugh or cringe in embarrassment, then I have accomplished my mission.
Hope you like this. B-o-B xx
~*~ Drowning, not waving ~*~
Sunday morning - 27th May 7.30am.
Humidity and the familiar, heavy scent of chlorine hits me like a wave the instant I open the front door of the building. To me, the aquatic center is like a second home.
As I walk through the door, I jump in fright when the balding head of Joseph Brandon suddenly pops up from behind the reception desk. He's busy on the phone, and I give him a small wave in greeting.
"Hi, Joe," I mouth.
He winks at me in acknowledgement. His head is cocked to one side to hold the phone between his ear and shoulder, and he's listening intently to whoever is on the other end of the line. Absently, he searches his pockets and then he starts to shift items around on the desk.
"Have you seen my glasses?" he mouths.
Reaching forward, I pull the reading glasses that are perched on top of his head, down to the bridge of his nose. He smiles sheepishly and then flips through the pages of booking sheets that are clipped to a large board that is affixed to the top of the desk.
"Uh-huh, uh-huh. Okay," he says into the phone. Picking up a pen and a ruler, Joe crosses out a name. "Well, thanks for letting us know, Mrs. Cameron, and I hope we'll see Jared back once he's feeling better. Bye now." He nestles the outdated phone back into its cradle and gives me a fatherly kiss on the cheek. "Good morning, Bella."
"So, was that a cancellation from one of my students?"
"Yeah, Jared from the 9:00am class came down with some sort of violent stomach bug last night. He's in hospital so he won't be here today, and he might miss next Sunday's lesson, too; however, he's no longer one of your students. You don't teach in the Swordfish lane anymore."
"What? Since when?" I ask, irritation lacing my tone.
"Um… I've made some changes to the roster."