|You Know You're In Band When
Author: Tenuto07 PM
Overused topic but it's funny. Gotta love the band :Rated: Fiction K - English - Humor - Chapters: 4 - Words: 6,135 - Reviews: 18 - Favs: 19 - Follows: 6 - Updated: 06-18-12 - Published: 01-02-12 - id: 7704558
|A+ A- Full 3/4 1/2 Expand Tighten|
Dr. Beat is the most annoying thing invented in band ever. (Okay, my own opinion, but I think most people can agree with me) It's pretty much a metronome (a met as my friends and I call it) that's plugged into a giant megaphone so when your marching, the whole band can hear it over your playing. It's quite annoying. (Did I mention this already?)
If you guys need to know anything else, review and I'll try to explain.
Oh yes, if you guys didn't notice yet, I do put a lot of random things in this list like my stories from band... so I guess some of these don't really relate to you unless you go to my school and actually know who/what I'm talking about. So, sorry about that; I'll try to write more non-inside joke related stuff in here. I'm also thinking about keeping a... journal? Log? Idk, something about my band camp experience next season and posting it on FF for you guys to read if you absolutely want to. So... yeah... review or pm me if you want me to do that then. Enjoy the new list!
284) You go on a band trip with the band (Okay, who else would you go with on a band trip?) and your teacher lets you roam free at 10:30 pm around a town
285) Then you and your friend's get lost and your band directorless
286) You can fall asleep listening to jazz. Even if it's live. ...Especially when it's live
287) You fall asleep on your friend on the bus going to a competition, a band field trip, or at a concert. And it's totally normal
288) When someone falls during marching season/band camp, the first thing you do is ask the marcher if their instrument is okay
289) Anything below forte to a trumpet is a type-o
290) You learn the other section's part of a song... just because you want to
291) The BD breaks his own rules
292) The administration always questions the BD because he/she didn't mark you absent when you didn't show up to school that day
292) You can go through a whole month of just band clothes (And no, your uniform doesn't count)
293) The band room comes equipped with awesome things, such as microwaves, refrigerators/freezers and toasters
294) The BD: Who cares what the weather is outside? ONE MORE TIME!
295) You learned a LONG time ago, sleeping by drummers isn't always the best idea
296) You go to football games just for the grade (Okay, and the band. You can't stay away from them for too long...)
297) It's the week right after marching season and the band switches from marching to concert like nothing happend
298) The band is louder than the fans at a home game
299) EVERYONE in the band is easily entertained. It's how you lost most of your attention span
300) Weather is overrated
301) Your BD has connections with everyone
302) Being sleep deprived is completely normal
303) You have a habit of tucking your zipper in on your jacket/sweatshirt because you're required to do this to your uniform 304) You can no longer listen to the national anthem without hearing the beginning few beats of your school song
305) You tap your pencil on your desk during class and it takes you a whole 5 minutes to realize your drumming the year's cadence
306) You have a neck strap on for your school picture
307) Your BD gives you a lesson on how to use a stand
308) You help the percussion move the equiptment (Cause who knows how long it can take them?)
309) Your other BD (the one that nobody likes) spends the whole class doing warm ups and you have 10 minutes left of class to play one song
310) Your BD has a list on the board of songs to play and the band only gets through 1
311) When buying a car, you make sure that your instrument can fit before anything
312) You end up in the hospital for a band-related injury (You see, I was doing a jazz run, but I didn't see the piccalo player behind me...)
313) You can remember every note to every single show you've marched in but you can't remember anything from the class lessons the day before
314) You know the pitch of the school bell
315) Your dreams consists of the band or marching on the field
316) Skipping class = let's head to the band room!
317) You don't really like talking to non-band people because they don't understand half the things you say
318) You hate it when you set your music on a stand, pull it up, and then... BAM! Your music explodes all around you!
319) You have a solo... you play it correctly until you realize... you came in one measure early and you get so mad you wanna just flip a table
320) You and the band still laugh when the teacher says "okay, and there's a ritard here..." although you know it's super immature
321) Anything in middle school band didn't happen
322) You have a burial service for your reed and it consists of taking it, snapping it in half, and chucking it in the garbage can
323) You count the days down until band camp
324) You're so proud of being part of your band, you wear/have band apparel
325) You're roaming the halls in the school and decide to roll step around instead of walking
326) You almost miss the lecture during marching season before a competition of "You have your uniforms? Hats? Plumes? Black socks? Shoes? Gloves? Instrument on the truck? We're set!"
327) You wear your marching shoes to every formal occasion just because they are nice looking, minus the dirt and mud on them
328) Who needs dress shoes when you've got spectacular marching shoes?
329) Your BD always lets you out two minutes before the bell, and you realize that you still have to put your stand, chair, and instrument away
330) It's physically impossible to play a xylo/marimba/vibes while reading the score
331) You know the little fun fact: all American car horns are tuned to F
332) Graduation consists of playing Pomp and Circumstance 53235 times in one day
333) Months after marching season ends, you go through your band locker and find 3 bottles of bug spray
334) Never louder than lovely!