Author: Rio-Brazilian-Girl PM
A series of events can change Fleet Street forever. Note: Lucy died when she took the arsenic. This is my first fic, so please, be nice. English is not my first language, I'm sorry if I wrote something stupid. I hope you enjoy.Rated: Fiction T - English - Romance/Drama - Eleanor L. & Sweeney T. - Chapters: 24 - Words: 33,338 - Reviews: 94 - Favs: 17 - Follows: 16 - Updated: 03-19-13 - Published: 11-11-12 - Status: Complete - id: 8693292
|A+ A- Full 3/4 1/2 Expand Tighten|
I had some problems with my internet, that's why I took so long to post a new chapter. But here it is! Another new chapter! Hope you enjoy!
Again, sorry for my English.
Thoughts or memories are in Italics.
A heavy rain began to fall. You could hear the thunder and then the lightning. Sweeney could also see some people running. He made a mental note to thanks Toby to warn him about the rain.
Eleanor was watching the rain through the window.
What a odd day!
Sweeney Todd... He hugged her. Eleanor couldn't remember the last time she had been hugged properly.
And it was good.
But she knew that she shouldn't think about it. Sweeney was just being nice. He just held her to keep her warm and to warm himself. Still, Eleanor was surprised.
Suddenly, she sighed.
- How can I be so pathetic? - She wondered.
Sweeney stopped beside her. Eleanor blushed slightly and looked down.
- Who told you that you are pathetic?
- No one, d-... Mr. Todd.
Eleanor could feel his gaze on her, it was intense. She gulped, feeling her cheeks getting red. With a sigh, she looked at him.
- Can I ask you something, lov-… Mr. Todd?
The barber looked at her for long seconds. Then he nodded, not expecting anything odd coming from her.
- Why are you been so nice to me? – Eleanor asked.
Sweeney approached and took her hands, looking into her eyes.
- I'm just trying to thank you. – He said. - I thought I should treat you better.
- You don't have to do this, Mr. Todd. - Eleanor whispered. – Just say "Thank you" and it will be enough, even though I know you're not really being grateful.
After all what happened, Sweeney was angry with her.
- I do care about you, stupid woman. – Sweeney growled. - Why it's so hard to understand that I'm telling the truth?
The baker let out a sigh.
- I thought you didn't care about me.
Sweeney took her chin gently, forcing her to look at him. Her eyes were full of sadness. And for a moment, he felt the urge to send all this sadness away.
- I have killed many people, but... I have good feelings. I care about you, my pet.
Eleanor shook her head and closed her eyes again, feeling his breath on her face.
- I'm not used to getting this kind of attention. Albert didn't know how to be nice to me.
Sweeney sighed and took one of her hands and placed it over his heart. And for some reason, his heart began to beat really fast right now. And Eleanor could feel his heart.
- It seems you have a heart, after all.
- I do. – Sweeney sighed. – And having a heart I can have feelings, right?
- Just if you want to, lov-… - Eleanor closed her eyes. - Mr. Todd.
And for the first time in his almost sixteen years, Sweeney Todd chuckled.
- Why are you trying to not call me "love"?
Eleanor looked at him.
- We're talking for a few minutes and you are stopping yourself to call me "love". - Sweeney whispered. – I found it odd. You used to call me "dear" or "love" before. Why are trying to stop?
When Eleanor realized that there was no sarcasm in his voice, she replied:
- It wouldn't be appropriate.
- Why? - Sweeney asked again, confused.
- I'm trying to move on since that night. – Eleanor said quickly. - Why should I keep calling you "love" if you don't feel the same way for me?
His eyes widened a bit. He didn't know how far they will go with this, but by the sadness in her eyes, this conversation wasn't going to end well.
- I'm sorry. - Sweeney whispered. - That night... I shouldn't have been so... Rude.
You're not my Lucy.
Eleanor shook her head.
- It was my fault. It wasn't the time to talk about feelings.
Sweeney just nodded in understanding.
- Still... I'm sorry. - He muttered. - I hope you forgive me.
Sweeney was a man, and like all men, was being a bit hard for him to apologize. But Sweeney knew he should apologize. It was not her fault if he was an idiot.
- There is nothing to forgive, Mr. Todd. – Eleanor sighed deeply. - And I don't blame you. How could you feel something for me?
Eleanor felt no longer ashamed to talk about her feelings. Sweeney knew how she felt, so why should she feel ashamed? But of course, she was sad.
- You can call me "love" if you want. – Sweeney looked back at the rain.
Eleanor swallowed hard.
- I prefer call you "Mr. Todd"...
Suddenly, she let out a sad sigh. When Sweeney looked at her, he could see how red her cheeks were, and how big was the sadness in her eyes.
- I'm trying to move on. And don't call you "love" is one of the things I need to do.
Sweeney didn't heard what she was trying to tell him. He approached her in dangerous steps and put an arm around her waist, resting his head on her shoulder.
- Mr. Todd, if you keep hugging me like this I will not answer for my actions. - Eleanor whispered.
The barber frowned.
- What kind of actions?
Eleanor pressed her lips against his cheek. She could feel his body shudder, his breathing becoming hard. She kissed his cheek again, and suddenly, she let out a sigh.
- That kind of actions.
Then she left him alone. Sweeney remained silent for a few minutes, processing what had happened to him.
- Bloody good actions. - He smirked.
There it is. Sweeney is a little odd, but I honestly don't care. I don't know what to write in next chapter, but I think I have an idea. Crazy idea!