Hello and welcome to the Mirror's Edge Rp. This is a multi-paragraph text-based rpg based on the video game ( series? ) of Mirror's Edge, which takes place in the dystopian world of the City. Members create their own original characters and play out their day to day lives in this dangerous setting, figuring out and solving the mystery of the Icarus Project, and how to stop it. The game is simple to play; each player will post a reply to a central rp topic to introduce their character's actions at that point in time, where the next player will reply to that post with their own character's interactions. Organizations will be formed, Battles will unfold and special Events will signal an important change in the City's ever corrupting stage. Lives will be lost, and more than once someone may betray the ones that trust them.
We offer here at the Mirror's Edge Rp exciting and detailed storylines and central topics to choose from. An authentic experience lies in the use of parkour as the main action in this rp. Whereas other rps may be gun-heavy or magical in its design, this rp centers around the concept of the Runners, a large group of rebels who utilize melee and their agility to send information from one source to another, in order to change the City. The City is populated by law-enforcing police known collectively as the Blues, and follows the battle between the two opposing forces. Our simple action system only has guns as the weapons of the Blues, and the closest thing to a magical energy is the Runner's sense of "Flow", a visual sense they develop in order to respond to their environment quickly.
Finally, the Mirror's Edge Rp provides a friendly, free environment for players to post in. Mods will be chosen for their moral conduct, activity and credibility, and we are sure to try our best to please as many people as we can on this site, by providing a safe and fun sportsmanship for everyone to develop their characters in. Our chapters are to be open yet complex, but nothing that threatens new players. Events are usually recorded in the Plot Updates, so if you are having trouble following along with others, or have gone on hiatus and have returned to a drastically changed atmosphere, then take a quick look at the significant Dates you may have missed. Members of the Mirror's Edge Rp will be tolerable and inviting to new players or even guests asking questions in the OOC Board. The point is that this is a story being developed and we will be interested in hearing your suggestions, feedback and critiques on the Rp, and take action right away.
Welcome to the Mirror's Edge Rp. Read below for the list of rules.3/26/2012 . Edited 3/26/2012 #1
1. Respect - Your basic moral conduct is to have respect for the other members of this site. Respect and be mindful that other people may not have the same opinions as you, and may react differently to a joke than you might intend. There will be no racist commentary or sexist slander. No judging of other people's sexual orientation, their intelligence and their appearance or religion. We do not appreciate flaming of others opinions, and we don't like fighting and arguements over subjects. If you have a grudge against a member of this Board, then settle these differences elsewhere. PM the Admin or one of the Mods if you feel that you are being harassed and we will review the problem.
2. Activity - New Members do this all the time. They seek out a forum that caters to their interest, writes up a profile, replies to a topic then promptly disappears. If you don't have the schedule to keep up with an Rpg that's fine, tell us the reason for your abandonment and we will delete your posts or start anew. But if a Member leaves without an announcement of why, their character's profile will be up for adoption or erased. This includes Mods. If you leave without reason for two weeks the profile will be deleted. Consider this a warning, although after the first week a Mod or Admin may give you a secondary warn. Don't say we didn't warn you.
3. Spelling / Word Count - The Mirror's Edge Rp is a multi-paragraph text-based rp, meaning it has a definite word count. Though we may be lenient if someone fails to meet this criteria once or twice a topic, depending on context, we may have to issue warnings and possible banishment from the rp. Our word-count is small, around 250 words. Due to this board being on fanfiction we have no word count, but take a moment and review your post, and see if it has everything you need in it. Add as much detail as possible. In the OOC Board, this word count is minimized to at least two sentences, due to the fact that the OOC Board is not actually in the game. Always check your grammar, spelling and punctuation. It can be vital in helping your partner understand what your character is doing.
4. Plan Ahead - Don't rush into this rp headlong without stepping back and thinking first. Design a plot for your character before heading into the rp, and try to set up your character for what they might be doing during the events of this rp. Of course, don't set up a schedule for your character, but give them options and a path to follow down. Let them change slowly and learn more as they interact. Examine the situation and plan from it. And allow the decisions of others in the rp effect them. Just because you've set something up for your character doesn't mean his options can't change or evolve. Remember this, and your character may become more complex than you think.
5. Drama - Don't let drama get in the way of your fun! If someone has a problem with you in the OOC Board, don't let it effect the story. Move on and work things out in private messaging. Approach the problem maturely and if the other will not let go, then speak to a Mod or Admin to gain some insight on what to do. Don't soak up as much attention as you can, for it ruins the story and ruins other people's fun. Let this be a game and just a story. Not everything is bound to click together.
6. Cursing / Mature Content - Cursing is allowed in small increments. We don't want a sailor mouth but we can tolerate the average slip out. People curse all the time. As long as you do not say a curse word every post you'll be fine, and don't use words that can be highly offensive to other people. Mature Content is "fade to black", meaning if anything sexual is to happen during this rp please respect the fact that the rp is public and skip over the graphic events. Violence is allowed, as long as it is not over the top. Blood won't be splattering on the walls, but it can drip from an exposed wrist. Some people are more squeamish than others, so please respect their tastes. This includes images.3/26/2012 #2
i'll join your group.4/18 #3
|Forum Moderators: Photic|
|Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member|