I’m a twenty-one year old college student currently on break. I’m a big fan of books, reading, writing (original fiction, fanfiction and poetry), and art. I have an old account on here where I posted Third Watch and Alias fanfics, but I wanted to start fresh as I have grown as a writer.
The pen name (Belle Araignée) is French for “beautiful spider”. (I purposely left the accent off to make logging-in easier). Spiders and I have an interesting relationship that is strangely spiritual; I won’t get into that here though. I’ll just say that spiders in mythology are known as the weavers of fate and have been credited with creating the first alphabet (written in their webs) which was given to humankind—a fitting name for a writer I think.
Some random non-writing things I like/love:
(Why can't FF.net accept bulleted text?)
1. One word can describe my reading and writing tastes: short.
2. Decent spelling. I understand Word can’t check every little error and many slip though the cracks (happens to me as well, I understand), but please if you’re going to post a fic make sure it’s decent. I’ve seen fics with horrible spelling that just ruins the whole fic. Seriously.
3. Current fandoms including long time obsessions and ships:
Standoff: (my new obsession)
Law and Order SVU:
Movies: (not all listed or in order of favorites)
1. Not a fan of crossovers. I skip right past them. I come to read about a particular fandom, I don’t want another one butting in—I don’t care if they’re both on my favorite shows list either. Not happening.
2. Slash. Nothing against slash, I just don’t read it. Don’t want to read and probably never will. In the past I’ve read a few and honestly, it’s just not my thing. For some it is…for some it isn’t.
3. Needless swearing and violence. I have a potty mouth, it’s not the swearing that offends me…I just feel it should have a point and place in the fic. I’ve seen many fics were it’s just there; other more thoughtful words and phrases could have made the fic that much better than reading F-this and that every other sentence. Ditto to violence, this includes non-con and anything like that. I used to write Alias fics centered on Sark. He’s an assassin, there’s violence, only in my fics it’s not there to be there—it has a point and place in the plot.
4. Summaries to the effect of "I suck as summaries" or summaries that are misleading. I don't like being tricked and you know what--it's not that hard to summarize something. Seriously. Give it a try.
5. Original Characters. I've tried it myself and it didn't go well. I rather things stick to canon characters.
Unsafe External Link