Author has written 24 stories for Kingdom Hearts, Tin Man, RuneScape, Sweeney Todd, Edward Scissorhands, Lord of the Rings, Pirates of the Caribbean, Wicked, Forrest Gump, Midnight Club, Justice League, Assassin's Creed, Soul Calibur, Batman Begins/Dark Knight, Batman, Pocahontas, and Repo! The Genetic Opera.
Hi, I'm NeverDreamsOfMe. Call me Dreams, everyone on the internet does (including me). My Nobody is Helexkant. Figure out my Somebody as you will :P I'm a 21-year old college student writing from Chicago. I'm quiet and reserved, but friendly if approached. I have a fascination with astrology and an unhealthy obsession with Batman. You think I'm kidding but I'm not. A Batman blanket, 2 plushies, 3 posters, 7 shirts, and countless other paraphernalia later no I am not kidding. I've started collecting Organization 13 keychains: so far I've got Xaldin, Xigbar, and Saix. I call my babies my "plushie posse" because alliteration and it makes me sound cooler than I actually am. I talk to inanimate objects, as well as myself. My love of food is totally disproportionate to my skinny body. I spend money on books, coffee, and video games more than anything else. No, I am not a closet fangirl, and yes, I'm more than a little crazy. XD
Fandoms, anyone? I may not write for some of these, but I'll stalk them wholeheartedly X3
- The Pellinor series - Alison Croggon
- The Harry Potter series - J.K. Rowling
- The Luxe series; the Bright Young Things series - Anna Godberson
- The Inheritance Cycle - Christopher Paolini
- A Girl Named Disaster - Nancy Farmer
- Wicked; Son of a Witch - Gregory Maguire
- The Blue Bloods series - Melissa de la Cruz
- East - Edith Pattou
- The Sight; Fell - David Clement-Davies
- I'll also read anything by Donna Jo Napoli and Tamora Peirce.
- ... I'll just read anything in general, I'm a huge bookworm XD
- Fruits Basket
- Chibi Vampire
- Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt
- Forrest Gump (my all-time favorite movie =3)
- Batman (AAAALLLL THE BATMAN THINGS)
- The Lord of the Rings (BIGGEST BROMANCE EVAR, except credit for that statement goes to my friend)
- Pirates of the Carribean
- Sweeney Todd (any Tim Burton film, really =3)
- The Princess Bride
- Repo! The Genetic Opera
- The Sound of Music
- Way too many more plz.
- Justice League
- Law & Order: SVU
- Batman: The Animated Series
- Tin Man, Neverland (Syfy miniseries)
- Kingdom Hearts
- Spyro the Dragon (only up to Enter the Dragonfly, everything onward just... no -.-)
- Batman: Arkham Asylum/City
- Dragon Age
- Midnight Club
- The Sims
- Assassin's Creed (play this game, they said, you'll like it, they said...)
- Nightwish (the old stuff)
- Eminem (saw him at Lollapalooza last year, he was INCREDIBLE)
- My Chemical Romance (also great in concert :3)
- The Fray
- The Script (I've missed them the last 3 times they've come to Chicago. THREE! DX)
- Lady Gaga
- Breaking Benjamin
- Thriving Ivory
- 50 Cent
- And a lot, lot more.
Other Places to Find Me
- IMVU (my avatar is what Helexkant looks like, if you're curious):
- PSN: Helexkant
- I won't give out my Facebook unless I know you. As in, we've talked and we're friends and I can trust you with it, so don't even bother randomly asking for it.
Why do I write?
... I read somewhere that "Writing is a form of self-discovery." I guess that's what it's all about for me. Even though I don't always write down my ideas, or I get stuck and never finish, I learn something new about myself every time I pick up a pen. Plus, writing is a HUGE release for me. My stories and poems are sort of a snapshot of what I was going through/feeling at that time... any kind of work I do, really, whether it's writing or a video or even a painting. That's why I don't re-do any of my work. It would be taken completely out of context, even though more than likely it would turn out better.
Example: one of my ex-boyfriends "lost" not only a book I let him borrow, but a painting I gave him (that was his excuse after we broke up, anyway. I've never believed him). I was pissed about it, and could have re-done it a whole lot better, but I didn't. I would rather remember it the way it was instead of trying to re-create something I was feeling at the time (happiness and optimism), which I wasn't feeling after the fact (angry and hurt). Those feelings would have made it completely different, even though I would have been painting the same thing. Does that make sense? Plus, it's always good to learn from mistakes. Like with the painting: NEVER give someone something you're not even sure they can return. Mistakes allow you to grow. Don't be afraid of them.
What do I write?
I'm interested in (read as: obsessed with) a lot of fandoms, as you already know if you read my extensive fandoms list XD So if you like variety, you're in the right place! Most of my stories are romance or at least contain romantic elements. My other big themes would probably be family and friendship. I write about both het and slash couples, because I believe love is universal no matter the gender. A lot of my stories have darker undertones/backstories as well, so you have been warned =P I won't say no to fluff (who would?!) but don't write it often. I tend to write seriously; the reason I don't write crack often is just because I don't think people will find them funny. I think I'm hilarious but no one else gets my humor XD;;
I lean more towards crossovers than stories within one fandom. I just think crossovers are more interesting, and have so much more potential. My crossovers tend to be my longer stories. If I'm writing a long fic for one fandom, I'll make up an OC to keep things fresh XD My oneshots for the most part are within one fandom, and stay true to that fandom. I just write about little things I observe that could be expanded upon, but for whatever reason aren't.
In short, I'm a dark romance het/slash shipper writing mostly longer crossovers, but occasionally will write oneshots for one fandom. OCs are a must for longer stories within one fandom. Fluff and crack are rare here, though they run wild in my mind =P
Fiction Ideas (Please note that these will not be written in the order listed below. This is the order they came to me XD You might have to wait a long time before you see any of these posted, if at all. Not trying to be mean, just realistic)
- An AU 7th year Harry Potter fanfic. An OC will be the main character but she'll interact with everyone =3
- A Princess Bride oneshot.
- An Indiana Jones/Harry Potter crossover.
- An American Psycho oneshot.
- A slew of Assassin's Creed/Disney crossovers shhh just roll with it.
- A Howl's Moving Castle AU.
Updates (This section is updated every time I start a fanfic, post a chapter, or have a major breakthrough in writers' block or plot development. I update this at least once a week unless I'm on hiatus for whatever reason, so check back frequently!)
Encounters (KH/SC Oneshot Series)
- Chapter 4 is up (10-25-12)! Chapters 5-8 are done, 9 is in the works. I'm thinking of finishing this one before uploading it again (4-30).
Arkham City Fic
- Fully outlined; chapters 1-3 are done (10-25-12). Trying to hammer out a backstory before picking up again (4-30).
Personal Note (Basically where I reason why I will/won't be updating XD)
(4-30) Happy finals! (note the sarcasm 8D) I'm done tomorrow but also have that pesky little thing called move-out day. I'm deeply sorry to those waiting on "Encounters." I have been writing it on and off these past few months, school's just been too crazy to write seriously. This summer is gonna be a fanfic summer, I can feel it. Only a few more days and I'm free for a month before my summer class starts. Good luck on finals!
Thank you everyone, for reading and reviewing, for your patience and support, and most importantly for your friendship. *huggles* Peace out.
Unsafe External Link