Poll: What is your reaction when a serious illness/injury/death befalls Watson? Vote Now!
Author has written 28 stories for Harry Potter, Sherlock Holmes, Sherlock Holmes, Chuck, Sherlock, and It's a Wonderful Life.
Age: Younger than my tongue, older than my teeth. (18)
Birthday: Earth Day!
Location: Midwest, United States of America, North America, Earth.
Favorite Stuff: Harry Potter, Sherlock Holmes, Sherlock, Laurie R. King, The Outsiders, Doctor Who, Castle, Leverage, Merlin, White Collar, Ironman, Big Bang Theory, United Stats of America
Matt Smith is not my Doctor. David Tennant, on the other hand... :-)
Couples: Hermione/Severus (Harry Potter), Ginny/Draco (Harry Potter), Russell/Holmes (Laurie R. King), Rose/10 (Doctor Who), Martha/Mickey (Doctor Who), Beckett/Castle (Castle), Sophie/Nate (Leverage), Parker/Hardison (Leverage), Watson-Holmes bromance (Sherlock Holmes Canon), John/Sherlock (BBC's Sherlock), Pepper/Tony (Ironman), Penny/Sheldon (Big Bang Theory).
I also have an account on fictionpress.com under the same name. My mom has an account on here under the penname "spinner12". Go check her out!
I had an epic, cross-fandom fail moment. I was reading Self Preservation by coffeeonthepatio where Severus is reading Harry's mind just by staring at him. I went, "How can he do that? He didn't even put his fingers on Harry's face!" Then I realized the reason he could do that was that this was not Star Trek!!! *facepalm*
Anything that is Harry Potter related is not mine and is owned by J. K. Rowling, Warner Bros., and Co.
Sherlock Holmes, Doctor Watson, Mrs. Hudson, Mycroft, and other various characters were created by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, though they are now public domain. :-)
Sherlock Holmes and Doctor Watson along with their entourage from the films belong to Warner Bros.
Sherlock and the modern characters therein belong to the BBC. Why do they get to own all the cool fandoms?
Chuck & Co. belong to NBC and co.
It's a Wonderful Life is not mind, though it is old enough to perhaps be public domain...?
"When in doubt...SING LOUD!!!"
"Freedom is the freedom to say that two and two make four." George Orwell (1984)
"Well behaved women seldom make history."
"What's like in your funny little heads? It must be so boring." Sherlock
The 27 Commandments of Fanfiction
(This list was borrowed from Lily Winterwood's profile page, though I must admit that I have broken several of them and can therefore do no more than point them out as guidelines.) ;-)
1. Thou shalt not post a fic until it has been checked for grammar and spelling errors. The fanfiction gods hath given you a spellchecker on the computer for good reason. Use it.
2. Thou shalt not post a chapter of less than 100 words, unless it is a drabble. This displeases the masses.
3. Thou shalt not put author's notes in the middle of the story.
4. Thou shalt NEVER use text-speak in a fic, unless the characters are actually texting.
5. Thou shalt keep to one tense, and only one, throughout the story. Do not switch randomly.
6. Apply the above number 5 to POVs as well.
7. Thou shalt not get offended when someone makes fun of the crack pairing featured in your fanfiction. It probably is rather hilarious.
8. Thou shalt not use :) , ;D , or :( in a fanfiction to show the emotion exhibited by a character.
9. Thou shalt try-eth to keep characters in character!
10. Thou shalt not treat every criticism as a flame.
11. The author's note is not a spot for your personal drama, and thou shalt not make it so.
12. Thou shalt not put any form of the phrase "first fic" in thy summary.
13. Thy created characters must not have names that exceed five syllables in length. Nor shall thy name have more than five words in length.
14. Thou shalt not insert thyself into the story line as thyself or as a character- yes we know that you are in love with yourself and are very narcissistic, we just don’t want to read about how you end up with the main character.
15. If thou art writing a story that does not follow the original story line, point it out in the beginning.
16. Thou shall not make a person randomly smart or powerful unless stating a reason for the change (a good reason).
17. Thou shalt show and not tell.
18. Thou shalt not EVER use the phrase "I suck at summaries" in-est thine summary. This annoys thine readers.
19. Thou shalt not write the same way thou speak-est - writing is an art.
20. Thou shalt ALWAYS spell the word "okay" correctly. Using the letter "K" is an unacceptable compromise.
21. Thou shalt only use clichés when thou a) art writing a parody or b) find a new and interesting twist to make such clichés bearable to thine reader.
22. Thou shalt always separate dialogue from two separate speakers in two separate paragraphs. Otherwise thine readers shalt be confuse-ed.
23. Thou shalt not EVER make a chapter all one paragraph. THIS INFURIATES BOTH THINE READER AND THE FANFICTION GODS. They have given thee an ENTER key with good reason.
24. Thou shalt not write with thy caps lock on, it displeases the masses and causes thy readers to lose their vision and make angels weep.
25. Thou shalt know how to spell the character's names correctly before you writeth the fic. Misspelling the name of the main characters makes readers angry and distracts from the story.
26. Thou shalt not say in thine summary "summary inside". This shows lack of creativeness and infuriates the masses. The only exception is when a summary is cut short and a continuation of it lies inside.
27. Thou shall use paragraphs and space the story so it is not terrifyingly daunting to thine readers.
I am currently a freshman at the University of Wisconsin at Oshkosh. I am loving so far and pursuing a major in history with a minor in math as well as a minor in European studies.
Right off the bat, I want to let you know that my one-shots are finished, but nothing else will be. I'm over Harry Potter for the most part, so those are done. I'm currently obsessed with all versions of Sherlock Holmes, so my "His Limits" story may be periodically added to. Aside from that, I will probably randomly post one-shots as I write them, but no grand plan for multi-chapter fics has been made.
You Cannot Escape (Harry Potter): This one is my first story. Basically a muggle gets tortured by Voldemort. It's a completed (and probably stupid) one-shot.
The Birthday of a Sad and Forgotten Dark Lord (Harry Potter): It's Voldemort's birthday and no one cares. A bit crazy. One-shot.
Azkaban (Harry Potter): Sirius is in jail and is not happy about that. One-shot.
The Broom Closet (Harry Potter): Yes, I wrote one of these. Ginny and Draco get locked in a closet. One-shot.
Jamaica (Harry Potter): Yep, I admit it; this one's a bit crazy as well. Don't really know what I was thinking. Lily runs off with Remus (kind of). One-shot.
Starting Anew (Harry Potter): Lily's marrying some other guy and James ruins her wedding. One-shot.
School Smarts and Princely Pranksters (Harry Potter): Marauders wandering around the school. One-shot.
The Hospital Wing (Harry Potter): Sequal to The Broom Closet. Ron finds out. Oops! One-shot.
Resurrected (Harry Potter): Also odd. Post Final Battle. Harry's depressed, then better. One-shot.
Founders Four (Harry Potter): Started out kinda good, then got weird (-ish). On indefinate hiatus.
Dalila Riddle (Harry Potter): One of those ones where an original character turns out to be related to everyone and marries Harry. Except this one didn't get very far either. On indefinate hiatus.
Wrong Again (Harry Potter): Songfic with Martina McBride's song "Wrong Again". Lavender after Ron broke up with her. One-shot.
You Know What, Potter? I Love You (Harry Potter): Lily and James write each other letters. Mushy. One-shot.
The Marauders' Sleepover (Harry Potter): Short. The Marauders goofing off. One-shot.
You Know What, Potter? I Think I Love You (Harry Potter): Slightly longer version of You Know What? I Love You. Also mushy. One-shot.
Too Noble (Harry Potter): Harry fixes Dumbledore & McGonagalls' relationship. One-shot.
Broken Promises (Harry Potter): Hermione and Ginny leave their husbands. Started out good, got one chapter written. On indefinate hiatus.
Watson's Wedding Wonderings (Sherlock Holmes [movie]): Watson's getting married. His thoughts. One-shot.
Draco's Girl (Harry Potter): Songfic with Rick Springfield's "Jessie's Girl". Harry wants Ginny but Draco has Ginny. One-shot.
The End of All Things (Sherlock Holmes [books]): Watson's in danger and Holmes has to make a choice. Angsty. One-shot. FF.net user nomedeplume30 has posted a sequel to this story that is completely independent from "The Perfect Murder", my own sequel.
The Perfect Murder (Sherlock Holmes [books]): Sequal to The End of All Things. Aftermath of End. Holmes acts according to his nature (which is not always the way the law would have him act.) One-shot.
A New Era (Chuck): Chuck tells the Buy-More he owns it. One-shot.
An Unexpected Conversation (Sherlock Holmes [books]): Holmes talks about his feelings and Watson talks to Mary. One-shot.
Sherlock Holmes, His Limits (Sherlock): Okay, so in Study in Scarlet, Watson makes a list of Holmes' limits as he's trying to figure out his occupation. In my series of drabbles, John does the same thing, even if he doesn't really have a reason. Each chapter is about a different aspect of Sherlock's knowledge that John is testing the limits of. Ch 1-Literature-Drabble. Ch 2-Poison-Droubble. Ch 3-Politics-221B. Ch 4-Astronomy-Drabble. Ch 5-Philosophy-Droubble. Ch 6-Morals-Drabble. Ch 7-Languages-Droubble. Ch 8-Geology-Tribble. Ch 9: Strategy-221B.
The Adventure Aboard the HMSS Baker Street (Sherlock Holmes [pretty much any version]): This is crazily AU. So SHERLocC 221B is a droid on the HMSS Baker Street. There he is teamed up with WaTSoN 578A to catch a rough MaRIArtE. Simple? Not so much. I really hope it isn't too confusing. It made perfect sense in my head, but that doesn't mean it makes perfect sense on paper (or screen).
Bring Me Water (Sherlock): This is based the song "Waiter, Bring Me Water" by Shania Twain. John and Sherlock are at Angelo's, John's oogling some blonde. Sherlock doesn't like it. Oneshot. This is my first Johnlock story! I wrote it on a road trip to Texas with my mom and sister.
Wish Upon a Window (It's a Wonderful Life): This is Mary's perspective of the scene when George comes to visit. You know the one where she says "He's making violent love to me, Mother!" That scene. :-)
Unsafe External Link