Author has written 171 stories for CSI: New York, One Tree Hill, and Rookie Blue.
Credit goes to Meggie for the amazing icon!
So, a few things about me...
- I'm Laura.
- I'm 22.
- I'm a University graduate.
- I'm also a Teacher. I absolutely love what I do.
- I'm the oldest of four; and my brother and sisters are absolute gems. I adore them to death and would be a lesser person without them in my life.
- I'm pretty much completely obsessed with Danny/Lindsay (and Lucy!) and CSI:NY. But there's no need to state the obvious, correct? In fact, if you got this far not knowing that, I feel like we need to question those observation skills. (I'm joking!)
- CSI:NY, One Tree Hill, New Girl, Hart of Dixie, How I Met Your Mother and Rookie Blue are also forms of my preferred crack.
- I adore Anna Belknap. Like, adore her. More than air sometimes in all seriousness. And I mean, genuine adoration. There's no doubt that I'd actually defend her to the death - or at least until I'm blue in the face. I don't know what it is about her, but I think I'll hold her dear to my heart for a long while.
- Carmine Giovinazzo is a beautiful, beautiful man. Fact. He needs those glasses back ASAP though. His face is missing something.
- This being said, if I met either Anna or Carmine, there's about a 99.9 percent chance I'd die on the spot, or squee myself to death. Either way, my little heart wouldn't handle the excitement.
- Bethany Joy Galeotti, Zooey Deschanel and Missy Peregrym are also loves of mine.
- There is a part of me, somewhere inside that I haven't quite found yet, where DL live and consume the entire brain's thoughts and actions. This brain, I fondly have called Fred. He and I are very close and work well together. (I hope he's reading this and quits with the current strike, 'cause seriously.)
- I have csi:ny to thank for a lot. Really. It made me a more fluid thinker; a creative writer and most importantly - I have made some absolutely incredible friends that I know will be in my life for a very, very, very long time. I'm a lucky girl (totally just wrote Lucy there...) to have the people in my life that I do - and even though some of them may never see this; I hope they know how much they really mean to me.
- My fingers aren't connected to my brain. I'm convinced. They just type away and on good days, I don't even have to be looking at the screen; this talent works well for academic writing/university related things ;) I'd love to know my WPM.
- I hate the word 'assignment' and the second I graduate, I'm banning it from my vocabulary. I'm not even joking. (ETA: I stuck to it, I haven't used the word assignment since I graduated in July.)
- I'm addicted to twitter. It's not good... You know it's bad too when 'real life' friends begin following you on twitter. That makes for awkward conversations about who this 'Anna' is, and what's 'Dlaley'?
- My Author's notes are more like diary entries. They produce a few giggles when I read them back, that's for sure.
-Nicholas Sparks is my homeboy. I love his stories/movies so much. I'd reccommend him to anyone and everyone. I also think he's a girl in disguise. No male can write a story as beautiful as 'Safe Haven', 'The Lucky One' or 'The Notebook'.
- I adore music. My music taste has differed in the last few months and years, but the foundations of any day is my Country music - I genuinely think it's the story that each song tells. It just does something to me. Then of course I'm a fan of the general mainstream music too. My iPod has quite the random spread.
I try and make a point of reviewing a story when I read it. That is kind of becoming harder to do with my schedule, but if I have read it, I usually bookmark it (or leave it in my inbox) and go back... I know how much effort and time it takes - and guts- to post something, and sometimes it's nice (who am I kidding, of course it's nice) to receive a DECENT review on what someone liked and why they liked it. How much energy does it take for you to write out a two minute review when a person could have spent something like five hours writing that chapter? And something more than 'I loved it.' In comparison it's nothing and literally makes the author's day. I know it has made mine - getting a wonderful review with something contructive or complimentary - On a shitty day... It really its a huge pick me up. It doesn't cost anything, and I know when I review I feel better for it. That could be my OCD niggling at me though.
Now, see... not that exciting, and I'm not sure why I told y'all stuff you could have lived a perfectly fine life without knowing but you know, whatever, it's however long of your life you can't get back... But at least you know me a little better. See, a silver lining to every cloud.
Happy reading! xD
Unsafe External Link