Author has written 2 stories for Avatar: Last Airbender, and Merlin.
Welcome, readers and writers alike, to the profile of one more admirer of words and believer in fanfiction.
I am WiltingDaisies94 (WD94), as you've likely deduced. I am incapable of writing short stories; I like my plots very extended. Lately it seems all I want to do is write for Merlin (I'm a helpless ArMor shipper), and I have two stories currently on deck, as well as the one I'm currently updating. All my writing means I have very little time for reading fanfiction, unfortunately, but I thank all those who read mine!
Favorite Shows: Avatar: the Last Airbender, The Big Bang Theory, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Bones, Castle, Charmed, Community, Dollhouse, Firefly, Glee, House, How I Met Your Mother, Inuyasha, Merlin, Misfits, Naruto, Once Upon a Time, Psych, Robin Hood BBC, Sherlock, Teen Titans, White Collar
Favorite Books: Harry Potter, The Alanna Series, Lord of the Rings, The Thief Lord, The Series of Unfortunate Events, Pride and Prejudice, anything by Gail Carson Levine, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, 1984, The Princess Bride, The Odyssey, Gone with the Wind, The Legend of Nightfall, Sabriel/Lirael/Abhorsen, The War of the Flowers, The Waterborn/The Blackgod, The Hunger Games, The Other Boleyn Girl, In the Mirror of Her Dreams/A Man Rides Through
Current Thoughts: The Morgana/Arthur/Gwen Debate, Or Why I Will Irrevocably Ship ArMor
Okay. I know the show has it in mind that everyone should root for Gwen/Arthur to end up together, because after all they are each other's "true loves". And yes, I know we're supposed to recoil at the thought of Arthur/Morgana, because hey, they're half siblings, and as of late, Morgana's evil.
But, at the risk of throwing another hat into this ring, let's take a look at a bit of the actual legend, shall we?
1. In a fair amount of Arthurian legend, Gwen and Arthur didn't love each other - Gwen and Lancelot were hopelessly in love. Guinevere was not a maid, there was no forbidden romance, no Cinderella story; she was royal and her heart belonged fair and square to Sir Lancelot.
2. There are multiple waves of Arthurian writing, and in the first wave, Morgan le Fay is not related to Arthur at all, and not evil; she is a healer, and in some versions, the Lady of the Lake (in other words, she is helpful to Arthur, and her sleeping with him would not have been incest).
3. Additionally, in later waves of Arthurian writing, when Morgana and Arthur are half-siblings, they still sleep together anyway! (This always freaks Arwen purists out). There are versions where Morgana seduces Arthur; there are versions where Arthur rapes Morgana; there are versions where they sleep together by accident. Either way, the two of them sleeping together is a pretty common occurrence in Arthurian legend.
4. And, with regards to the characters on the show: I understand that Gwen and Arthur are very sweet together, and they have true love (mostly because the Merlin writers had to find a way around the Gwen/Lancelot affair, but fine, we'll give them the benefit of the doubt). But honestly, the level of sexuality between Bradley and Angel is zero. Every time Gwen and Arthur kiss I expect flowers and rainbows to pop out of the background - sweet, but that's it. Think about it, can you even imagine the two of them in bed together? Not at all.
5. Conversely, the sexual tension between Bradley and Katie crackles in the air so highly it's practically visible. Even in the Season 4 finale, when Arthur and Morgana meet again as enemies and stand across from each other, the space between them is electric. Their facial expressions said it all; I half expected them to jump on each other right then and there.
Thus I conclude, Gwen/Arthur is all very fine and good because Merlin is supposed to be a show available for younger viewers. But historically, and in terms of chemistry, all Morgana/Arthur haters need to stop fussing and take a minute to look at the obvious.
Maid and Mistress - A Merlin fanfiction that I'm updating with stunning speed. Morgana is the personal maid of Princess Guinevere, who is being forced into a political marriage with Arthur Pendragon, King of Camelot. But when Arthur and Guinevere find themselves both falling in love with the wrong people, how many secrets can they keep and for how long? This is for both ArMor and Gwen/Lancelot shippers!
Too Proud To Cry - my Avatar story, which I am currently updating about once a month. It's my imagining of the Avatar world two years after the Avatar's showdown in the Fire Nation, assuming Aang did not win. Fire Lord Zuko is on the throne, and Katara, having come out on the wrong side of the war, is his prize. However, all is not as black and white as it seems, and as Katara quickly learns, silence is the most devious challenge.
Please feel free to shoot me a message if you have any questions/thoughts on anything you've read here or in my stories, or if you'd like to suggest fanfiction ideas in any of the aforementioned categories of interest.
Unsafe External Link