|Lady Of The Sphinx|
Author has written 8 stories for Avatar: Last Airbender, Twilight, Harry Potter, Fairy Tail, and Inuyasha.
Hey everybody! I have been reading fanfics on this site longer than I have been writing fanfics. This place is where I spend the majority of my free free free time: here, reading and reading and reading. Enjoy and give me feed back please!
1) Ok first one: DO YOUR RESEARCH! EXAMPLE: If your story is based in Japan, PLEASE make references to Japanese culture. I do not want to read about how much something cost in US dollars- use YEN! If your Japanese characters are in the US- DO NOT USE JAPANESE HONORIFICS. IT IS CONFUSING AS HELL!! If you're not going to set in it any particular place, please say so!! If it is a period story please research the time period- this is aimed specifically at stories revolving around Regency England, Tudor England, Pre-Meiji Japan. Actually make that anything Japan. Maybe its the fact I am a history major, maybe its my OCD, but this seriously gets on my nerves. If your not sure about something ask your beta- reader or find one- I personally don't have one, but seriously they are not like freakin Mew in Pokemon- it's not that hard to catch one.
2) Bad spelling. There is a thing known to all as spell check. It's real nice. Or a Dictionary. Use it.
3) People who follow use the exact same plots over and over again and don't even try to put even a little originality in it. Or in the case of basing stories off other books following the story word for word and not fitting it to the characters. It's like reading the book again just different names( shudders)
4) Marys and GaryStus. Yeah we all want to be in our fav tv show/books/movies etc. Its not so bad if their minor characters. Major characters...NO.
5) Alright there are a lot of problems in the world. Please don't inject your political, or social views into the story, unless it is absolutely essential to the storyline. Readers, like this humble one, will pick up on it and it honestly ruins the flow and flavor of the story.
Unsafe External Link