Author has written 15 stories for Naruto, and Buffy: The Vampire Slayer.
Personal Message To Readers (Updated July 3rd, 2011)
R.I.P. Ernie Roe, you will be missed. February 8th 2009
Mona is done, finally! Whoohoo! I got two new stories going on my own and one collab with the beautiful Nokito-chan (my favorite NejiTen writer). I don't actually have much to say this time in my profile other than it's been a while, and, that my novella project won't likely be up and running until next year. I've had a few setbacks with artists... so to speak. But, I'll get it up and online if it bloody-well kills me -twitch-. And um... Yeah, I don't have much to say other than thanks for checking out my profile (if you hadn't yet)!
Tibits Between Me and Writers Via Messenger
July 3rd 2011 on the topic of smutty fics with Nokito-chan
Nokito hime: LOL ... That's kinda what put me off too
My Other Haunts
If you want to contact me on my messengers, please PM me. I've been getting way to many spam messages by posting my contact info up here.
Right Kind of Wrong - This is a collaboration fiction with Nokito-chan. It's a NejiTen fic and a High School AU. It's a star-crossed lovers kind of story and not unique at all xD But, it is funny and full of much arguing, fluff and lemons. So, if you happen to have a veritable weakness for well written High School AU fics like I do, then check it out by hitting the link.
No Good Deed - In Progress
Nightingale - In Progress
Mona Lisa - Complete!
Lights! Camera! Action!: The Playboy & The Dropout - Hiatus (unsure as to when it will be continued)
Fanfiction Pet Peeves
1. Mpreg - Just... no... no! Why on Buddha's green earth would you do that? It's an insult to everything the relationship stands on. They're gay. They're men. They don't need to have a child to make them feel better about the fact that one of them doesn't have a vagina. -.- I can't even begin to express how much I HATE Mpreg. In fact everytime I come across one and start to read it because it doesn't have a warning I freak out and hit the back button far too many times. I hate it so much I think we should have a search filter on FF.NET to avoid it.
2. Screen Play Style - It's not even that I hate this. I just find it slightly annoying to read a summary and the start to read the fic only to find it's written like a play.
3. The Seme/Uke Phenomenon - Let me just I have no issue with bottom/top or seme/uke type stories. It does happen in gay life. I wouldn't say it's super common or anything. Anyway, you won't see this type of thing pop up in my stories a whole lot. I don't like to categorize relationships or sex. Quite a few gay men in real life don't even go all the way with their partners because it hurts so much. It's a huge trust issue and not many people can give that up. So, if you see partners switch up in my stories... it's because I like to shake things up. -winks-
4. Past Tense, Present Tense, First Person and Who The Hell Said You Could Speak In MY Paragraph?! - Oh god, the best fics possible could be ruined by these four issues. I can't tell you how many stories I read where someone was saying 'She said' to 'She is saying'. Number one, I've never found an instance where you'll use present tense in a story unless you're using " to show a person speaking. Second WHY do people insist on having two people talking in the SAME DAMN PARAGRAPH?! It's hard enough to tell who's speaking half the time without a writer putting two conversations in ONE paragraph. Though, to be honest, I've never read a rule on it; but, have these people ever read a real novel before? Isn't it like a golden rule to change up the paragraph for a new set of thoughts or words being spoken?
5. Buffy As A Vampire - What the hell? Why do people do this in Buffy fanfiction? I suppose it's a personal preference... but, seriously, if you're gonna do it? Don't make her want it! Buffy does not WANT to be a Vampire. In fact, in season one? Are you listening? YES, in SEASON ONE there is an episode where this guy is making people's worst fears come true. Buffy's worst fear? To be a Vampire! She fears being turned into an evil creature of the night, people! So, if you're gonna have her changed into a Vampire in your fic, quit making her WANT it or going to Spike for it! Grrr!
6. Review Whorez - You probably think I'm talking about those people who are all: Hey, like, review my fic or I won't update yeahz. I need at least ten reviewz to continue, yeah!
Yeah, well, not so much. At least those people are up front about their purpose. The people I'm talking about are the ones who carefully guise their desire in some half-assed 'non-complaint'. They get reviews, but, they complain about the 'update soonz', or, they get a ton of faves and alerts and complain about the lack of review numbers meeting up. Then they try to say, well, don't feel guilty, I'm just ranting on my chapter.
Ok, I get it, when you first start fanfiction writing, you're like fireworks when someone sends a review; the first time you get that long, planned out one you're in heaven. It kinda becomes a drug to get the good reviews. And you can't help but be a little irked when you get the short ones with little to no input on WHY it was so awesome.
Trust me. I get it.
Think of it this way though.
People are faving and alerting your story because they like it for some reason. Or, maybe they're unsure about the fic and don't want to review it; however, they're altering so they can wait it out and see if it's worth it for them to review. Me? I'm the type of person that if I'm going to go out of my way and take time to review?--It's gonna be a long, thought out, explanatory review. I'm not gonna sugar-candy-coat something for shits and brown nosing, not even to Leafygirl or Silvershine. I'll be honest. And yes, a lot of these reviews I leave are positive; mostly because I don't want to take that effort to leave a review for a story I'm not fond of. And, sometimes the story isn't bad, I just don't like it. I don't see the point in leaving a review that's mostly a matter of preference and opinion as opposed to an honest literary critique.
You also have to remember, a lot of people reading your fic, are between the ages of 12 and 16, older if you're lucky (or a good writer, or, if you write M/NC-17 fiction that's also well written). They don't know how to critique a story properly; you have to go to a class, workshop or to college for that--it's just a fact, deal with it.
My Point: Quit complaining about people alerting, faving and whatever else to your story and NOT reviewing. And if you're going to, god damnit, at least be honest and say it's a fucking RANT and you're bitching. Don't tell people not to feel guilty about that shit. How do you expect they'll feel? At the very least, post that shit in you LJ or some other place so readers don't see it.
Because if you didn't want them to see it, it wouldn't be in your AN in the CHAPTER.
DON'T DO THIS! It's BAD!!
I'll add more as I think of them...
Unsafe External Link