Poll: Who is the right man for Annwn, if any...any reason is valid. I'm giving you lots of options because I CAN. Vote Now!
Author has written 14 stories for Stargate: Atlantis, Stargate: SG-1, Harry Potter, Greek Mythology, Lord of the Rings, and Hunger Games.
A little about the Author AKA me!
My profile picture above is of my little dog, Daisy, mentioned below. (not any more, this one is from my grade 12 choir trip)
Enough about my profile picture.
I am a girl
I am 19! Ha! Not any more I'm not! I'm 20 now! holy snood! I'm going to be 21 in 30 days! THIRTY DAYS!
I am going to University
I am takeing a major in English and a minor in classical studies.
It changed from a Psycology major (I realized that I don't really care about psyc, at least not enough to make it my major).
I have been riding horses for ten years.
I have a 14 year old Canadian Warmblood gelding named Galen.
I have a cute yet obnoxious Jack Russell Terrier (her name is Daisy).
I play solitare with real cards.
I sneeze like a cartoon charactor. Seriously, I don't quite blow furniture accros the room but I scared an entire lecture hall when I sneezed durring a test once. I did say I was sorry.
I'm afraid the toaster will blow up in my face when I plug it in to make toast.
I'm still convinced that Gollum lives under my stairs in the basement and is waiting to grab my feet through the gap in the bottom stair.
I love, I repeat, LOVE music. The iPod shuffel below is a farly accurate representation of my music tastes. Though it's more blues and less country on my iPod.
I love Motown! If you don't know what this is you should look it up.
I like...love Shakespeare's plays and sonnets!
I used to think that Pulp Fiction was the most traumatizing movie that I could watch (this does not include horror/slasher films). I was wrong, Tarantino out did himself with Reservoir Dogs. Lots and lots of blood! Though I have to say that it was the first Film I have ever seen with Steve Busemi in it, where he didn't die. Bravo Mr. Pink!
It's sad when your studying for a history midterm and in your notes you come across "ME" and the first thing you think of is Middle Earth instead of Middle East. (true story) -_-
Personally "Romeo and Juliet" can go and die...wait they already did!
I have a fictionpress profile as well if you would like to visit here is the link http://www.fictionpress.com/kfinance
Definitions (my way)
Procrastination - your best friend today, your worst enemy tomorrow!
Fun Sized Candy - since when is less candy 'fun'? (I'm not the only one who thinks this)
University Profs - People who tell you they're preparing you for your future...but really they are trying to kill you!
Stewicide - Noun- (Origin – two extremely bored university students during a biology lab. c. 12/12/11)
usage 1- when a waitress/someone in the food service industry spills any type of hot food/beverage on a patron and is resultantly fired.
Usage 2 – When Éowyn’s stew finally kills someone.
Usage 3 – When a Steward of Gondor commits suicide (namely Denethor II)
Some of My Favourites!
Favourite Films (in no order)
Hush, Hush Sweet Charlotte
Harry Potter (all - I have now seen Deathly Hallows part 2! It's one of the three movies that has actually made me cry.)
Lord Of the Rings (all)
Monty Python And the Holy Grail
Shaun of the Dead
10 Things I Hate About You
Pirates of the Caribbean (the first is the best and from there they just go down hill, but I love them anyway)
The Man Who Wasn't There
The Big Sleep (original, the remake just sucks!)
Star Trek 2009
Favourite T.V. shows in order (and slightly Sci-Fi stacked)
The Big Bang Theory
Start Trek Voyager
Favorite Plays/Musicals (in no order)
Macbeth (this is my number one favourite)
Phantom of the Opera
Cats (don't laugh, but I've gone like 5 times!)
Romeo and Juliet (I realize that I said that I didn't like these two, and I don't, but I still like the play becauce of the minor charactors)
Favourite Books (in no order)
Lord of the Rings Trilogy - J.R.R. Tolkien
The Hobbit - J.R.R. Tolkien
Another Kind of Cowboy - Susan Juby (candian)
Any Books by Tamora Pierce (She has a lot so I did it like this cause I'm lazy)
Harry Potter (all)
The Hunger Games (all-though I will admit that I liked the first the best)
Brave New World - Aldus Huxley
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass - Lewis Carrol
The Riddles of Epsilon - Morton-Shaw
The Princess Bride - William Goldman
Treasure Island - Stevenson
An Earthly Knight - Janet McNaughton (canadian)
The Secret Under My Skin - Janet McNaughton
The Raintree Rebelion - Janet McNaughton
Ella Enchanted - Lavien
Don't Think Twice - Lohans(canadian)
The Falconer's Knot - Hoffman
(this list would be a lot longer if I includered them all)
Favourite Characters (Damn! I seem to like guys who die.)
Boromir (LoTR) (DEAD!) *sob*
Fred and George Weasley (Harry Potter) (1/2 DEAD!) *sob*
Daniel Jackson (Stargate SG1) (DEAD more times than I care to count!) *sob* (even thought he came back one way or another each time)
Sheldon Copper (Big Bang Theory) (sometimes his friends wish he was DEAD!)
If you want to believe Fred Weasley is alive, copy and paste this into your profile!
Subteranian Homesick Blues - Bob Dylan
No Champagne Socialist - Arkells (Canadian)
Whistleblower - Arkells
Kiss Cam - Arkells
On Paper - Arkells
Layla - Eric Clapton
Romeo is Bleeding - Tom Waits
All Along the Watchtower - Jimi Hendrix Experience
Just Dance - Lady Gaga
Forever Yours - Alex Day
A Song About Monkeys - Charlie McDonnell
One and Only - Adele
Set Fire to the Rain - Adele
Raise It Up (Rabbit Heat) - Florence and the Machine
Shake It Out - Florence and the Machine
No Light, No Light - Florence and the Machine
Heartlines - Florence and the Machine
Man In the Mirror - Micheal Jackson
Up Around The Bend - Creedence Clearwater Revival
Under Pressure - Queen
Don't Stop Me Now - Queen
Wild Horses - The Rolling Stones
You Got The Silver - The Rolling Stones
Let It Be - The Beatles
Hey Jude - The Beatles
Norwegian Wood - The Beatles
Angle From Montgonery - Bonnie Raitt or Susan Tedeschi both are great
Piece of My Heart - Janis Joplin
I'm Gonna Miss You Like The Devil - Tracy Nelson
Again way more then are listed here!
"Mark it on the calender!" Me (other people say it i know, but I say it too.)
"Holy Walkin' Talkin'" I can proudly say this is my own.
"I'm fine with art imitating life, it's when life imitates art that worries my." ME
"Take it easy Jerry!" my parents
"Shakespeare was a literary serial killer." MacLean's Magazine
"I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested!" Sheldon Copper
"Buzzinga!" Sheldon Copper
"Ah, gravity! Thou art a heartless bitch!" Sheldon Cooper
"Hop you little plumber! Hop! Hop! Hop!" Sheldon Copper
"Can we all just calm the f*ck down!" Liz from Shaun of the Dead
"To thine own self be true." Polonius from Hamlet
"They have a cave troll." Boromir from The Fellowship of the Ring (Film)
"Dobby never meant to kill! Dobby only meant to maim...or seriously injure!"- Dobby Deathly Hallows Part One (Film) It might be in the book but I really can't remember.
"Part two: The accelerated velocity of my terminological in-exactitude. Which is just my obnoxious way of saying that lies travel fast...and boy did my terminological in-exactitude accelerate with velocity!" Olive from Easy A
Eddie: Say, was you ever bit by a dead bee?
Beauclerc: I have no memory of ever being bit by any kind of bee.
Slim(Marie): (interjecting) Were you?
Eddie: You're alright, lady. You and Harry's the only one that ever...
Harry(Steve): Don't forget Frenchie.
Eddie: That's right. You and Harry and Frenchie. You know, you got to be careful of dead bees if you're goin' around barefooted, 'cause if you step on them they can sting you just as bad as if they was alive, especially if they was kind of mad when they got killed. I bet I been bit a hundred times that way.
Slim(Marie): You have? Why don't you bite them back?
Eddie: That's what Harry always says. But I ain't got no stinger. ("To Have and Have Not", based on a novel (of the same name) by Hemingway. Humphry Bogart and Lauren Baccal play Harrry Morgan ( AKA Steve) and Marie Browning (AKA Slim)
The Following are quotes from Stargate SG1 and Atlantis
McKay: "He just doesn't like going through the Stargate."
"I'm going to go crazy and take you with me."
"What is an 'Oprah'?"
"Hathor was the Egyptian goddess of fertility, inebriety, and music."
M: "We're even thinking of crossing the border up to Canada."
"Teal'c has seen it, what? If Teal'c likes it, it's got to be ok."
"So, now what?"
"Sir, we can't call it the Enterprise."
"That's when it hit me: Sir Gawain."
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in the fruit salad.
If I agreed with you, then we’d both be wrong.
The Early bird gest the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese.
When in doubt, push random buttons!
Fighting is mind over matter. I don't mind, and you don't matter.
There are three kinds of people. Those who learn by reading, a few who learn by observation, and the rest who have to test the electric fence for themselves.
If all else fails, destroy all evidence that you tried.
Whoever said nothing is impossible never tried slamming a revolving door.
The person who smiles when things go wrong has found someone to blame it on.
When I was younger, my parents encouraged me to walk and talk. Now, all they want me to do is sit down and shut up!
Don't think of your self as an ugly person. Think of yourself as a beautiful monkey.
A stranger stabs you in the front; a friend stabs you in the back; a boyfriend stabs you in the heart, but best friends only poke each other with straws.
"We live in an age where pizza gets to your house before the police do."
Hippopotomonstrousaequipodaliophobic - Fear of long words.
You cry, I cry. You laugh, I laugh. You fall off a cliff, I laugh even harder.
Boys are like slinkys, useless, but fun to watch fall down the stairs.
I ran with scissors, and lived!
If two wrongs don’t make a right, try three.
Borrow money from pessimists- they don’t expect to get it back!
There are 3 kinds of people: those who can count & and those that can’t.
Flying is simple. Just throw yourself at the ground and miss.
Don’t knock on death’s door. Ring the bell and run. He hates that.
Why is it called 'after dark' when it really is 'after light'?
You can only be young once. But you can always be immature.
A child educated only at school is an uneducated child.
A friend is one who knows us, but loves us anyway.
Sanity calms, but madness is more interesting
Don't talk about yourself so much... we'll do that when you leave.
This morning I looked down at my unmade bed and decided that it was art in another medium and I should not destroy it.
Know what I'm thinking? No. Neither do I; frightening, isn't it?
If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
Never say "OOPS!" always say "Ah, Interesting!"
They say "Guns don't kill people, people kill people." Well I think the guns help. If you stood there and yelled BANG, I don't think you'd kill to many people.
Put This In Your Profile If You're Still 5 Inside...No Matter How Old You Are Now
REMEMBER WHEN ..
getting HIGH meant swinging at a playground?
When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout.
When life gives you lemons, make apple juice, then laugh while people try to figure out what the hell you did.
One day your prince will come. Mine? Oh, he just took a wrong turn, got lost, and is too stubborn to ask directions.
It's you and me versus the world...we attack at dawn.
Have you seen my mind? I seem to have lost it.
If all else fails, try reading the instructions.
I'm not clumsy... The floor just hates me.
Smart is sexy.
When women are depressed they either eat or go shopping. Men invade another country.
If you can't convince them, confuse them.
Remember this, if someone is bothering you. It takes 40 muscles to frown, but it takes only three to stick up your middle finger and say, "Bite me!"
Yes, I hit like a girl. You could too if you hit a bit harder.
Ask me no questions, I will tell you no lies…
Ask me a question! Answers are free, the CORRECT answer will cost you an arm and a leg.
Out of my mind. Back in five minutes.
Consciousness: That annoying time between naps.
A picture is worth a thousand words, but it uses up three thousand times the memory.
Ham and eggs. A day's work for a chicken, a life time commitment for a pig.
The trouble with life is there's no background music.
I smile because I don't know what the hell is going on.
Rules For Hogwarts:
- If death eaters are attacking Hogsmeade I will not point at the sky and shout TO THE BAT MOBILE!
- Remus Lupin does NOT want a flee collar
- I will not make any jokes about Lupin and his time of the month.
- I will not say 'dude, get a life' to Lord Voldemort
- I will not ask Snape why he stole Batman's cape
- Professor Flitwick's name is not Yoda
- I am not to refer to the Accio charm as 'The Force'.
- The Giant Squid is not an appropriate date to the Yule Ball.
- If the thought of a spell makes me giggle for more than 10 minutes, I shall assume that I am not allowed to use it.
- It is not necessary to yell, "BAM" every time I Apparate.
- "I've heard every joke possible about Oliver Wood's name" is not a challenge.
- Gryffindor Courage does not come in bottles labelled, "Firewhiskey."
- I am not allowed to paint the House Elves blue and call them smurfs
- The Whomping Willow is not a Entwife with PMS
- "I have eight horcruxes, take that Voldy!"
- "So I was all like Avada Kadavra and he was all like. Dead."
- Draco Malfoy the amazing...bouncing...Ferret!
- No matter how good a fake Australian accent I can do, I will not imitate Steve Irwin during Care of Magical Creatures class.
- Dumbledore is not Santa, he does not wish for me to sit on his knee and demand presents, especially not in May...June...or July...
- Despite popular belief, Hufflepuffs are not soft and squishy. Do not treat them as such.
- I am not allowed to sing 'we're off to see the wizard' on the way to the headmaster's office
- I am definitely not to sing it accompanied by the house elves acting as a backing group.
- Especially not with kazoos.- The fact that there are only three unforgivable curses does not mean that every other curse is "pretty much forgivable".
- Enchanting the Sorting Hat to sort new students into the House of Martok, or any other house is forbidden.
- There is no such thing as the "Hufflepuff Marshmallow Man".
...Even if I do conjure him up.
- Regardless of the beautiful irony, I will not hang a tempting piñata from the Whomping Willow.
- The song "Ding Dong, The Witch is Dead" is never, ever appropriate.
- Especially in reference to Professor Umbridge.
- I will not write "Wizard" on my hat in sequins.
- I am not allowed to ask Pureblood students things like, "If your parents got divorced, would they still be brother and sister?"
- I am not allowed to dress exactly like Snape and ask him to call me "mini me."
- Snape does not want bleach, laundry detergent, or new underwear for his birthday or Christmas.
- No combination of these is acceptable.
- Murmuring “I see dead people… ” every time I see one of the ghosts is stupid and was never funny.
- Yelling “to infinity, and BEYOND!” was only funny the first time I took off on my broom.
- I am no longer allowed to sing my “own personal spy music” when I wander around the hallways.
- I should not remark that “hell hath no fury like a woman scorned” when Snape gets angry. Ever.
- If I become an animagus, I am not allowed to yell “MORPHIN’ TIME!” every time I change.
- I cannot do this whenever anyone else changes either.
- I must not shout "beam me up Scotty" before disapparating.
- I will not give Hagrid pokemon cards and convince him that they are real animals
Copy and Paste!
If you enjoy reading Shakespeare in class paste this into your profile.
If you have ever yelled at the book you were reading because the characters did something stupid post this on your profile
If you've ever run into something big and obvious in public, copy and paste this onto your profile.
If you like singing songs at random points in the day, copy this into your profile.
If you have ever run into a door, copy this into your profile.
If you have ever run into a wall, copy this into your profile.
If you have ever had a crush on a book character copy this to your profile.
If you spend multiple hours each day reading or writing or a combination of both...copy and paste this on your profile.
If you've ever asked a really stupid, obvious question, copy and paste this one your profile.
If you ever forgotten what you were talking about in a conversation paste this into your profile
RULES: (for another iPod shuffle thingy)
1. Put Your iTunes, Windows Media Player, ETC on Shuffle.
1. If someone says, "Is this okay?" You say?
Respectable by the Rolling Stones (Hey this actually makes sense!)
2. How would you describe yourself?
That Train Don’t Stop Here by Los Lobos (Uh-oh)
3. What do you like in a girl/guy?
The Love You Save by The Jackson 5
4. How do you feel today?
Ain’t Nobody Here but Us Chickens by Asleep at the Wheel (Oh boy!)
5. What is your life's purpose?
Dry Country by Bon Jovi (Yes, I want to cause a worldwide drought?)
6. What is your motto?
Dweller On the Threshold by Van Morrison (I don’t think I’m that weird!)
7. What do your friends think of you?
Hound Dog by Elvis Presley (If this is true, I need new friends.)
8. What do you think of your parents?
Emotional Rescue by the Rolling Stones (I do have good parents)
9. What do you think about very often?
From the Head to the Heart by Was Not Was
10. What is 2 2?
Fixing a Hole by The Beatles (maybe if my mind doesn’t wander I can concentrate long enough to answer the question)
11. What do you think of your best friend?
Devil With the Blue Dress On/Good Golly Miss Molly by Mitch Ryder and the Detroit Wheels (I have nice friends, and I don’t know anyone named Molly)
12. What do you think of the person you like?
Undone by Amanda Falk
13. What is your life story?
Overture by Richard M. Sherman (who doesn’t wasn’t the Mary Poppins theme music for a life story? A lark, a spree it’s very clear to see...everyone does!)
14. What do you want to be when you grow up?
My Moon My Man by Feist (alright then)
15. What do you think of when you see the person you like?
With You Without You by The Beatles (yeah, because I’m single)
16. What will you dance to at your wedding?
Destruction of the Grotto by Alen Menken (from the Little Mermaid soundtrack)
17. What will they play at your funeral?
La Serenissima by Loreena MeKennit (pretty song, I wouldn’t mind if they played it at my funeral, just as long as it's a long time from now.)
18. What is your hobby/interest?
How Bad’s the Coffee by John Haitt (the answer to that is...all the time! Or I’d rather have tea, either is acceptable.)
19. What is your biggest fear?
Under the Sea by Samuel E. Wright (I do fear drowning in a sinking ship)
20. What is your biggest secret?
Stop Drinking by Van Morrison (I don’t drink alcohol)
Unsafe External Link