Poll: If I wrote a book based off of Blood Solstice, would you buy it? Vote Now!
Author has written 6 stories for Twilight.
UPDATE: Blood Solstice Sequel info below.
RANDOM SHOUT OUT THING: If any of you reading this live in Juneau, Alaska, I simply need to ask a few questions regarding it so when I publish my novel, I don't horribly screw up your home state. Please PM me if you do, thank you.
Hi there. My name is Hollowgo and this is my favorite profile on FF. :D (I kid)
Facts About Hollowgo
- I'm a guy. Male. Dude. Please, people, get it right.
- I'm currently twenty one.
- My twitter is. I don't post a whole lot of important things, but I enjoy chatting with people who chat back.
- I'm religious, but I don't believe in trying to force my religion down another person's throat. I believe in God, I believe in Heaven and I believe in Hell, the latter of which is, to me, a place for only the truly evil people belong, not people who are good but make bad decisions. I believe in the right to have one's own religion, and I am intrigued by Paganistic and Wiccan beliefs.
- I'm pro-equality for people regardless of sex, sexual orientation or race. I'm a big feminist and (as if it isn't clear enough) big on gay rights in particular.
- I'm straight, believe it or not.
- My mother is my biggest hero and my closest friend.
- Most of the people I talk with are women, but they're all awesome. Some people in particular: A.S. Rainwater, Guerrilla Warfare, the-poetry-of-ink, MyTwiDreams, Lil' Ms. I-Like-Girls, Shiver Pixie, ShadowCub, Silva86, megster1992...the list goes on and on. To put it into simple terms, I love to chat with and meet new people, because I like talking, learning and making friends. I think I've only ever spoken to a small number of male readers, but I'm open to chatting with them too, not just female. Both genders are welcome.
- I love to write. It's pretty much all I do.
- I love music, preferably rock and metal. I also listen to pop, dance, electronic, orchestral, instrumental and alternative. I don't like country, most rap/hip hop, or death metal/pure screamo type music, but anything else, I'll give it a listen to at least once.
- My favorite TV shows are: NCIS, NCIS: L.A., The Mentalist, Person of Interest, Revenge, World's Dumbest, Family Guy, American Dad, Robot Chicken, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Chowder, Teen Titans, Most Shocking, Most Daring, and more. My interests differ in range, but if it keeps me interested or entertained, I'll watch it even though I haven't watched a whole lot of TV as of late.
- I like action/adventure, comedy, romantic comedy, fantasy and sci-fi movies, but I'm very picky about what I will watch. I hate horror/gory films.
- I am a bit of a nerd, so I naturally like video games and some anime/manga. My system preference is the Xbox 360, though I also have a Wii (rarely used unless friends are over), an N64 (played for nostalgia) and a DS (played for Pokemon only).
- My current goals in life: publish my first novel, become known worldwide, get a large fanbase, find my first girlfriend.
- If I can't make it as an author, or even if I do, I'd also like to become an artist or a graphic designer for video games/movies/TV shows.
- I want to write at least one screenplay for a movie and/or TV show and see it made.
- I don't drink, smoke or do drugs. I suppose, to an extent, you could call me a straightedge.
- I hate politics. I want nothing to do with them, ever.
- I'm a meat eater, but I am also pro-animal rights. Anyone who abuses animals should be punched in the face with a brick.
- I loathe anyone who abuses another human being. Women, children, even the rare times when it's guys; I hate it and the people who do it.
- I happen to be a big femslash fan. Probably the most "typical guy" thing about me, I would say.
- I'm not the best socially in the real world, but I try when I can to be a good person. I open doors for people (even when I don't always get a "thank you" in response), I let people go ahead of me when walking...I try to use manners because I was raised to be a gentleman. It doesn't always work.
- I have one dog (a cockapoo, who is adorable as hell despite the breed having a ridiculous name). I would love to have more pets if I could.
- One of my closest friends is AleinWonderland.
- I love to make OCs, even though I haven't done so for quite some time. I'll have to remedy that in the future, won't I?
- Negative, stupid, pointless or hostile anonymous reviews will be deleted from my stories. Constructive criticism is fine, blatant criticism will not be tolerated because it serves no point.
- I'm more than happy to chat, so please feel free to send me a PM.
Views on Twilight
I no longer care for Twilight the way I used to, and to be honest, that was never much to begin with. The books aren't all that great because the characters are all poorly done and there's barely anything other than a bunch of melodrama over some stupid love triangle. In my opinion, Bella is a whiny, spineless, overly weak, overly flawed girl who obsesses over Edward and Jacob, acts like an ass when she doesn't get her way, willingly allows Edward to control her life and doesn't seem to care about anyone OTHER than her precious boyfriend. She's a lousy main character, an insult to women everywhere and sets a poor example for teenager/young girls across the world. On the other hand, her stupidity and poorly written character is the perfect excuse to turn her into a blank slate for me when I write, which I rather enjoy.
Edward is a dick. He is a manipulative, broody ass who with more qualities of a creepy stalker than a "perfect boyfriend". He may have some decent qualities to him, but there are far more negatives that most people tend to overlook. Who destroyed Bella's truck and went to extreme measures to prevent her from doing what she wanted? Who abandoned her in the middle of the woods after breaking her heart? Who watched her sleep as if it was a normal thing to do? Edward does all these things and more when he isn't complaining about being a vampire. And did he seriously offer to whore Bella out to Jacob to make little puppies? Obviously, most of the people who read this agree with me, but if this offends you, tough. I'm entitled to my opinion, just as you are entitled to yours. The only time I'll ever like Edward is in fan fiction when he isn't a complete douche.
In all honesty, IF Edward did exist (or anyone remotely close to him) any intelligent person would slap a restraining order on him or kick the living crap out of him for being such a creep and that goes for Jacob too, who acts like a conceited jerkwad most of the time, bullies Bella into trying to choose him and is just as much of an ass as Edward. After all: who forced himself on Bella and laughed about it afterwards, even after she broke her hand? Who rubbed it in the face of the boyfriend without any real sympathy? Who stupidly threw himself at a newborn when Leah was clearly capable of killing it? And, the most insane part of it all, who imprinted on their daughter, effectively making him the SON? Okay, maybe that last bit isn't his fault, but that is seriously the most messed up thing ever. That's...I don't have words for it, honestly.
So, with all the hate I have for the three main characters and subsequent disdain for pretty much every other canon character, you may ask: why write fan fiction for a series you hate? Well, because 1) I got my breakthrough thanks to Twilight, the only thing I can say "thank you" for and 2) I enjoy being able to make the characters my own. In a series where I feel nearly ever character sucks in canon, maybe it's that reason that makes most of these characters blank slates for me to manipulate how I see fit into actual, real characters. That part is fun, I'll gladly admit to it. I guess that's the real reason why, and because I have a soft spot for the pairing that got me into this whole mess, Bellice.
Fan Fiction Information
- I like to make my Alice taller, because I see Alice as Ashley Greene, who is HOT.
- My Kate is Kaley Cuoco, my Tanya is Taylor Swift and my Irina is Taylor Momsen. All three are younger in my stories.
- Bella, to me, is small, shy and quiet, easily embarrassed, but strong willed, intelligent and goodhearted.
Broken Aurora: Currently in the works. Up to chapter fifty four. Most chapters planned out; aiming to end at eighty four chapters.
Scarlet Lightning: Still in early drafting stages.
Shimmerfire: First non-Twilight story; a Hunger Games femslash featuring Katniss and Glimmer. Still in early stages.
Planned ??? story: Being thought out. Not started yet.
Planned ??? story: Being thought out. Not started yet.
Giftshot for friend TattooTanith: Still being planned, as soon as she messages me on Twitter.
Giftshot for megster1992: Bella/Leah. Still being planned. To be started later.
Giftshots for AleinWonderland: Rose/Em, Bella/Jasper. Still being planned. To be started later.
Co-Op story with the-poetry-of-ink: In early stages. Still in the works.
Blood Solstice Sequel: I've been asked a lot recently if I plan on writing this, and the answer I give is always the same, but I thought I would post it here for future reference in case anyone is interested. YES, I do still plan to write it. NO, it won't be written any time soon. I have many other projects to deal with first, but when I've finished those, I will get to this. Besides, I need to think out the story now after so much has changed.
My Original Characters
Amara: My proudest and most well known OC. Created to be an anti-thesis to pretty much every female Twilight character, she is tall, strong and badass (or at least, that's what others tell me, I try to remain unbiased and humble) with the power to manipulate fire. She's a fighting machine that provides both comedy and action moments and, as seen in my stories thus far, swings both ways, though she clearly leans towards the ladies. In Blood Solstice, she was the mate of Jasper, perhaps the only male who would be befitting of her, and became a sister to Bella. In Broken Aurora, she's Kate's mate and a member of the Denali coven, but still a source of entertainment. It seems, however, that many are crying out for a Bella/Amara tale and a bigger focus on one one where Amara is mated to the sometimes-surly-sometimes-sweet Leah. Time will tell when these happen. ;)
Raina: Probably my second most popular OC, she's been featured more than any other and, I hope, will become Amara's rival for affection from my readers in the future. In fan fiction, she serves as Jacob's older, stronger, taller, better sister. In Blood Solstice, Raina was both good and evil, reflecting the struggles of a young woman who is seen as being unworthy by her own father. In Broken Aurora, she serves as the rightful Alpha of the wolf pack and will be a more featured side protagonist. Expect to see more of Raina as time goes on, perhaps even as a potential mate for Bella in a sidestory.
Status On Novel
Currently in the second revision stage. Booyah.
There's not really much else to say, but if you want to chat, again, PM me. I'm more than willing to talk. :)
Unsafe External Link