Author has written 123 stories for NCIS.
Hi! My name is Sophie.
I have a Tumblr page now! You can find the link under "Homepage."
Like my display picture? Credit is given to the lovely Ash (ZandVsupporter), who made it for me.
My collaboration project with Ash. With four complete stories! You're welcome to go and check them out! (This account is dormant.)
Here are 15 things to know about me:
1. I'm Chinese Malaysian (or Malaysian Chinese if you're Malaysian and you speak Manglish) and proud of it. It means I'm quirky.
2. I'm twenty-two and have a BSc (Hons) in Human Psychology.
3. I currently work in a kindergarten/preschool/nursery (depending on which country you come from and whose lingo you speak). By day, I'm Mother Hen to 12 three-year-olds. By night, I'm a writer.
4. I love friends. Not the show Friends, though I love that too. Hence, I welcome you to send me private messages. I may not always be able to reply in a timely manner, but I do try.
5. I would like to travel the world and learn to dance before I die. I have travelled parts of Western Continental Europe before, and I would do it all over again, so immensely did I enjoy it. I still can't dance, though.
6. Perhaps due to my fascination with Cote de Pablo (as creepy as that sounds), I'm very interested in everything to do with Spanish or Hispanic culture.
7. I fangirled when CdP said she wanted to learn Chinese. Because--
8. I speak three languages (one of them Mandarin Chinese) fluently and a couple of Chinese dialects less fluently. I'm trying to learn Spanish (and I sound like Tarzan). I knew a few phrases in a few other languages. All in all, I could lie about being multilingual when I'm actually only trilingual, lol.
9. I can sing and play the piano. (Separately, not together.)
10. I like editing photos in my free time.
11. I dream of meeting the NCIS cast (and you should take that literally on occasion).
12. My favourite book is To Kill a Mockingbird. My favourite book series is Harry Potter.
13. Someday, I think I might want to become an author.
14. You couldn't tell it from an online profile, but I suffer from a lot of anxiety and low self-esteem issues. Not so much that it becomes debilitating, but enough so that it hampers my interactions with others sometimes. I'm working on that.
15. I was a very depressed girl in high school. That has changed, but I often still have to make myself promise not to put my own self down. My point is: Make yourself that promise, too.
Life, According to Me
Success is the triumph in one's heart. Success is the trophy on one's shelf; the scroll in one's hand. Success is beating one's demons. Success is being the best you can be, without caring who the others are. Success is when you realize that you have made it, not because you have become someone you admire but because you have become you.
Beauty is the wind blowing through the trees and the purple flower in a field of green. Beauty is the goodness in a woman's heart; the honour in a man's. Beauty is the smile upon a child's lips. Beauty is the sun through the clouds and the smell of rain.
Peace is the absence of war. Peace is the gift from one friend to another; the comfort a husband offers his wife. Peace is the stillness of nature. Peace is a good book on a Saturday night, or even a Saturday morning. Peace is the dove. Peace is children's laughter floating in from the fields. Peace is the absolute happiness that makes you smile.
Happiness is the cup of morning tea. Happiness is the piece of toast before you and the lick of a puppy's tongue upon your hand. Happiness is your child running in to hug you; your husband walking in to kiss you. It is the sunrays through your window; the shadows of the trees outside on your kitchen floor. Happiness is a walk on the beach and the twinkling stars on a clear summer night. Happiness is peace and beauty.
Wisdom is the ancient earth. Wisdom is the way the planets revolve. It is the way the sun burns. It is the toothless old man in the corner and the wise old woman on the mountain. It is the cheerful greeting of your friend; the loyal loving of your family. It is my name. Wisdom is you and I who know that life does not last forever. Wisdom is he and she who live life to the fullest because they know that it does not last forever.
Love is the rose in the child's hand. It is the ache in the woman's heart and the tears in the man's. It is going to the ends of the earth for someone and realizing that one need simply look up to see that same someone. Love is passionate; love is gentle. Love is all-encompassing. Love is healing. Love is everywhere.
Life is like that. Life is wonderful and painful. Life has razor-sharp teeth and a silken edge. Life is humorous, bubbly, angry, sad, and playful. Life is the children chasing each other in the park, the lovers sitting together on the bench, and the dog lying by itself under the tree. Life is the sun rising each day and setting each evening. Life is the moon shining brightly each night.
Some poems on love and on writing, by the wonderful Laura (sesame.seed.bagels)!
When I told my best friend
I lock the door
And that's me.
May 4, 2013
P.S. I don't think I have words for just how much love I have for my readers and reviewers. I'll be honest; it gives me a rush to see people enjoying my stories. It makes me feel like I've accomplished something, however insignificant, and it gives me a boost of confidence that I don't think I could find in too many other places. So, thank you. Thank You. As Abby would say, I'm hugging you all in my mind right now!
Unsafe External Link