Author has written 7 stories for Sookie Stackhouse/Southern Vampire Mysteries, and True Blood.
I'm a mid-twenty something girl originally from Brooklyn, NY who spent the last few years living in beautiful sunny Spain. Now I'm back state side and just finished the first year of my graduate program.
Also, I love Buffy and there may come to be several references to my favorite female superhero in my Sookieverse world.
You can also catch me on twitter occasionally @Moondancer16
I have set up a wordpress account where you can find my fanfic from the SVM community (in addition to here). I post teasers to my chapters on there so feel free to subscribe. I also post my thoughts on fanfic themes, reviews and thoughts on CH's books and True Blood. There will be many posts to come regarding themes in the books, symbolism, and other odds and ends and I feel the need to discuss them.
o find the blog since I believe FF has still removed linking you can google finiteanarchy wordpress OR you can go to finiteanarchy . wordpress . com
No spaces, obviously.
The World of the Southern Vampire Mysteries - What Sookie is and is not. What Eric is and is not. - The World of SVM Fanfic
1. Sookie and Eric will not and cannot have half vampire babies. Seriously people, no. Why do countless fanfic writers want to see this? I don't get it. The SVM world of vampires is DANGEROUS. The world of the political hierarchy of vampires is even more dangerous. Sookie is put at risk all the time because of it. Why on God's green earth would she bring a child into that? Sookie is telepathic. It IS a disability. Sookie will never get to live in a big city because of it or not be coveted by vampires for it or be able to date a human because of it. Why would she risk the possibility of a child getting it?
2. SVM is NOT Twilight. Sookie's not freaking Bella Swan and she actually has a personality. She is not a doormat.
3. Sookie does not throw temper tantrums or stomp her foot. There was a ONE TIME occurrence where Sookie stopped her foot, and it was in "Dead and Gone" when Quinn shows up unannounced to berate her. She gets pissed. Totally understandable when people are trying to tell you what to do. Thanks go to Miral for her citation on that one.
4. Eric is not a big talker. He is not prone to lengthy soliloquies or huge romantic overtures. He is a thinker who acts cautiously before deciding his approach. He is flashy when he needs to be and subdued when he needs to be.
5. Eric's very presence is intimidating. He doesn't need to roar at people. He isn't a lion. (That would be Sam)
6. Sookie is not a gift refuser when it comes to gifts from Eric. Someone point out in the books where this happens and I will remove this statement.
7. Eric is not a bank and does not have an endless supply of money. If he did, why ask Pam to partner in Fangtasia? If he had all the money, why not own it completely outright?
8. Sookie standing up for herself does not make her stubborn. It makes her not a doormat. Who else is going to stand up for her if she won't to speak for her own wishes? Sam? Certainly not - he has an agenda. Jason? He cares too much about himself and has no real understanding of vampires. Tara? Not likely. Amelia - she's got an agenda too. Just because she doesn't want to follow Eric's every command doesn't mean she's a stubborn idiot.
9. Eric is a changed vampire. Sookie did that. Eric was cold, intimidating and very, very dangerous in the first book. It's as clear as day (or night, haha). Sookie did not change him by doing whatever Eric said, acting with no self respect and begging to be bitten. She stands up for herself, she calls Eric on his bullshit and she doesn't cower in fear from him.
10. Sookie getting raped is not a sound plot point as punishment for not doing what Eric says (i.e. Eric says don't leave the house, Sookie leaves the house and ends up getting raped by Victor or some crazed werewolf).
11. There is nothing "little" about Sookie. I've been seeing this a lot in fanfic; the use of "little one" by Eric. He never ever calls her that in canon. And she is in fact, not little. Sookie is 5'6" which is slightly above average for a woman's height today. She's also a size 8 (which is much bigger than your average celebrity - like size 2 Anna Paquin) - Think more like Marilyn Monroe or Kate Winslet. They're both larger than the average celeb and no one's ever called them "little one." Sookie's also 25-27 depending on when one is writing their fanfic. Would you be down with a nickname that's more befitting a child? I wouldn't.
12. Sookie will NEVER take the name Northman. I understand that is a very Christian and very American thing to do to take a man's last name when a woman gets married. However, even though Sookie has come to accept her marriage to Eric, that doesn't mean she's going to change her name. The Stackhouse name is important to her. It is her identity. It holds value to her. There is history behind it. There is NO history behind the name Northman. Eric picked it out of necessity when having a last name became commonplace and to seem more human. It's a name that is reflective of where he comes from but is completely arbitrary. If he was 1000 years old but made in Argentina or South Africa, he could have just as easily called himself Southman. Seriously people, stop changing Sookie's name. It is part of her identiy, she won't give it up. Also, Eric has never asked her to.
The Meaning of Protection:
For all images, banners and the like, check out my wordpress account
Better Off Dead
For the song and banner the story was based on, check out my wordpress account.
Top 5 Moments of Deadlocked:
5. Wishing evil on Felipe for gouges in the coffee table.
4. Mocking Eric on what he would say to her when she got home from her surprise birthday party.
3. Conversation with Freyda.
2. Rescuing Colton at the Trifecta
1. The death of Jannalynn.
My Top 5 moments of Dead Reckoning:
5. Sookie comforts Terry as he has a PTSD breakdown
4. The eye opening and fact revealing conversation between Bill and Sookie in her driveway.
3. Sookie kicking Alcide out on his douchbaggery balls.
2. Sookie pours ice cold water on dueling Eric and Pam.
1. Sookie snaps, having enough interference and kicks everyone out of her house. Go Sookie!
Unsafe External Link