Author has written 14 stories for Inheritance Cycle, Seven Kingdoms Trilogy, Underland Chronicles, Maximum Ride, Misc. Books, 1984, Stargate: Atlantis, and Stargate: SG-1.
Hi! I'm SimplySupreme (bet you never guessed). But you can call me Soup. (Yes, Soup. The story behind that nickname is a long one involving half a pepsi, fizzy skittles, and a bowl of raman noodles at band camp.) But on with the profile!
Do me a favor and check out my FictionPress under the same username, will you? You will earn my eternal love.
Words on a page.
They carry false rhythm;
Poetry of a sheltered girl,
Who has never felt nor seen
The wonders she writes
So eloquently of."
- The one and only ME
I started out writing FanFic to fill my time during the long, boring, ungodly hot summers out here in Arizona. It was a great practice to hone my writing skills without having to bother with creating my own characters, because establishing an original person with their own backstory is honestly a pain in the butt. Now I write here because I honestly enjoy it, and find it to be a great outlet. I've met a lot of remarkable people while on the site, and learned a lot too. Between the scourge of AP classes and being the Drum Major of my band and volunteering, it's been harder to find the time to write, but skipping out on a night of Calculus is definitely worth being involved in the community here! I owe a whole lot to the readers of this site, that's for sure.
I know that throughout the entire history of mankind, no greater invention has even been fathomed than written words. When we write, we have the ability to shape the universe to our every whim, and there isn't one thing in that universe that can deter us. With every little addition to the plane of infinity that is our canvas, we add an entire new dimension of love, color, and most of all, ourselves. No story is required to be happy, sad, or even analytical; it is the author behind that story who opens a window into their heart that makes words, otherwise meaningless, beautiful.
I sincerely hope that reading what I have written for you in my down time will make your day a little brighter. :)
And a special shoutout to inkweaverabc for being the first person to leave me a review, ever!
Gregor and the Buzzers - the Underland Chronicles
I Am Arya- the Inheritance Cycle
When Fire Meets Fire - the Seven Kingdoms Trilogy
Time - Maximum Ride
Poetry of Alagaesia - the Inheritance Cycle
Land of a Mad King - the Inheritance Cycle
Recombinant Rant - Maximum Ride
Twice Times Forever - the Inheritance Cycle
Starlit - the Inheritance Cycle
Box of Salt - 1984
Compromising Positions - Stargate: Atlantis
I, SimplySupreme, solemnly swear to review every fic I read, no matter how old, young, stupid, lovely, amazing, retarded, or horribly written it is. I've joined the Review Revolution, because everyone knows how much it sucks when you have 500 hits and 3 reviews. I'm part of a revolution...
Some Common Terms you may come across on Fanfiction.net, for those of us not fluent in Fanfictionese yet.
1. Canon- From the book, of the book, completely in line with the facts stated in the book. Often pairings. (Example: Ron/Hermione)
2. Non-canon- When it is not from the book. (Example: Draco/Hermione)
3. Slash- Guy with guy stories. (Example: Draco/Harry)
4. Femeslash- Girl with girl stories. (Example: Hermione/Ginny)
5. Smut- M stuff, particularly what Fanfiction.net so tastefully refers to as 'Adult themes'.
6. Lemon- Really M stuff. Even worse than smut.
7. Flames- Mean reviews. When you trash a fic.
8. OC- Original Character. When you make up your own character, i.e. not a canon character.
9. OOC- Out Of Character- When a canon character is not accurate. (Example: When Draco runs around singing "Nobody's Perfect" and hands out unicorn stickers to first graders.)
10. AU- Alternate Universe- When the story is set in a different universe than that the author has created.
11. Fluff- Sweet romantic moments. No action/adventure or anything.
12. OTP- One True Pairing. This means that it's the one pairing you enjoy and stand by.
13. Ship- A pairing/couple. Comes from relationship.
14. One-shot; Two-shot; Three-shot- One chapter, two chapters, three chapters. One-shot is the most common of these.
15. Songfic- A fic including, or based upon, a song.
16. Mary Sue- A character (usually OC) that is favored by the author and pretty much perfect (and thus completely unbelievable) in every way. The sort of character that gets on your nerves by their very existence. Closely realted to this is a...
17. Gary Stu- the less common male counterpart of a Mary Sue. Has all the same characteristics, but is male.
18. A/N- (Or A.N. or AN or any other variation on this theme.) Author's Note. Self-explanatory.
19. AH- All Human. All characters are human. This is not commonly seen.
20. POV- Point of View.
21. R&R- Read and review!
22. Lime- Like Lemon, but not as bad.
23. Drabble- A fic that is from 50-500 words in length. Technically a fic that is under 100 words but that is quite rare.
I am now a proud member of the Brotherhood of the Pen!
And THIS is the outpost I belong to! :D
Unsafe External Link