Author has written 1 story for Harry Potter.
Hi there, I'm an avid fanfic reader, but I am relatively new to writing it, so please review! So far, I've only been interested in writing Harry Potter (though my reading has branched out a bit!), but I'm not adverse to other fandoms, and if anyone has recommendations, I would love to hear them!
11 Fun Facts (that no one really cares about):
1. Mickeygrace is actually my nickname, my whole family and all my friends call me Mickey
2. I am a varsity track runner (my best event is High Jump, but I also do relays and the quarter mile and 300 hurdles if any tracksters are out there ;))
3. My favorite food would have to be either smoked gouda cheese or shrimp, and I can't stand potatoes.
4. I am a junior in highschool, and have a 4.1 GPA (but I am very lazy, I never really do my homework- I'm much too busy reading fanfiction!)
5. I love to sail, and spend all of my free time on the water.
6. I can hold my own in any argument
7. I.'m actually quite good at drawing.
8. I hate cats. Honestly. I have not met a cat that I didn't detest. (Sorry to all you cat lovers out there!)
9. I listen to just about any type of music, save screamo. My favorites change constantly, but right now I'm listening to Ed Sheeran's The A Team, Amo Lee's Night Train, and Death Cab for Cutie's Grapevine Fires on repeat (:
10. I love the smell of rainstorms, especially in the spring.
11. I am probably the very last person you would ever expect to read/write fanfiction. Like, ever. I am a major prep, and a lot of my friends don't even get why I like Harry Potter at all. Actually, none of my family or friends even know about me writing or reading fanfiction; it's my little secret.
Quotes I Adore:
One step and we are safe;
Can we not take the leap?"
Ralph Waldo Emerson
"for whatever we lose, like a you or a me,
it's always ourselves we find in the sea"
“Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear.”
"The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated."
“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
"You may not be her first, her last, or her only. She loved before she may love again. But if she loves you now, what else matters? She's not perfect - you aren't either, and the two of you may never be perfect together but if she can make you laugh, cause you to think twice, and admit to being human and making mistakes, hold onto her and give her the most you can. She may not be thinking about you every second of the day, but she will give you a part of her that she knows you can break - her heart. So don't hurt her, don't change her, don't analyze and don't expect more than she can give. Smile when she makes you happy, let her know when she makes you mad, and miss her when she's not there."
"Tough times don't last. Tough people do."
Robert H. Schuller
"Goodbye? Oh no, please. Can't we just go back to page one and start all over again?"
Winnie the Poo
Poems I Love:
The Hollow Men by T.S. Elliot
Sea Fever by John Masterfeild
Needles and Pins by Shel Silverstien
The Charge of the Light Brigade by Alfred Lord Tennyson
since feeling is first by E.E Cummings
When I heard the Learn'd Astronomer by Walt Whitman
Books I Love:
The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald (If you haven't read this, go read this)
The Chocolate War and Beyond the Chocolate War by Robert Cormier
A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens (Carton!)
anything by Sarah Dessen, Jodi Picoult, or Dean Koontz
Lord of the Flies by William Goulding
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
and oh my goodness so many more! if you guys are really dying for recommendations, PM me!
Things I Hate in Fanfiction:
2. Harry-as-a-girl stories. They just grind my gears.
3. OOC-ness if there isn't a reason or back story to it.
4. When writers misspell Poppy or Lily or other character's names.
5. Fics where people go back in time and change things! It doesn't work that way!
6. When people hold their story hostage for reviews. While a little encouragement can make a world of difference, that's not why you should be writing.
Things I Love in Fanfiction:
3. Angst. Whether that's abuse or death or whatever, if it's not over-done, its delicious.
4. Oneshots. When they're well planned out and well written, or have that poignant ending that just makes your heart stop, I can't get enough.
5. Severus Snape. He is my favorite character of all time.
6. Kidfics, when done right.
Life will get hard. You will be sad. Things will be unfair. You will lose. There will always be someone who has it easier. You will be hurt by people.
But you will be ok.
You will be ok because you will be happy, too. You will win. You will get that lucky break. There will always be someone who has it worse. People love you, and will love you.
We need the bad to balance the good, because we cannot have one without the other. Life is rich and beautiful, and very, very, short. So laugh longer, love deeper, take chances whenever you can, and try not to worry so much. Sometimes things need to fall apart to fall into place.
Just remember, no matter how long the night, the dawn must break eventually.
Hold on tight, and enjoy the ups and the downs. It may not be easy, but it will be worth it.
Unsafe External Link