Author has written 12 stories for That '70s Show, and Veronica Mars.
I'm a former screenwriter and current children's book app writer/publisher. I've never written prose before (for those over the age of six)--only screenplays and kiddie books--so I thought I'd practice here. So far, I am LOVING it. So many talented writers lurk around ff.net and I'm blown away.
Love That 70's Show, New Girl, Arrested Development, Weeds, Veronica Mars, Party Down, Community, Mad Men and other ensemble comedies with love angst and a hint of dark humor. Looking for other ensemble shows to write for so lemme know if you have any suggestions.
I also have a soft (hard? wet?) spot for well-written fic smut : )
My pet peeve is unfinished stories, so expect that I will finish what I start--other than testing out whether or not to continue a story by posting just one chapter. I'll never write 20 chapters of a story and then just drop off, because that has got to be the MOST frustrating thing ever. I know I'm not alone in thinking this.
My earlier stuff on here is not nearly as well-developed as my later stuff. I've been really learning through doing, and I can definitely see the quality increase with each story. That said, you may want to start with the later fics.
- I've loved writing my naughty little one-shots "Strange Brew" & "Magic Man" (as I've mentioned, sMut = good) and have recently rewritten "Strange Brew," so if you liked it before, you will like it more now. Promise!
- My most popular story for That 70's Show by FAR is "20 Questions", though my latest "OPERATION:REBOUND" is surging and may (hopefully?) overtake it one day. Those are probably the two most popular--and (not surprisingly) the least angsty, so if you like one of them, you will probably like the other. I'm half done rewriting O:R, and plan to revisit 20 Questions as well once I'm done. My skills as a writer have gotten better, and I can't bear to look at the old stuff, riddled with things that need fixing, without doing something about it.
- "Follow the MacGuffin" was my last fic and has over 700 reviews, which is definitely my biggest response so far. It's a fast-paced noir adventure for Veronica Mars, and writing it has made me a fall in love with the characters all over again. (Logan & Veronica = Perfection)
- "Red Herrings" is the sequel to FTM and is one of my current WIPs.
- I personally had a blast writing "Everybody Must Get Stoned" - which is not for the faint of heart. It's definitely my dirtiest and grittiest fic by far - a wild, crazy journey that ends happily, but you need to buckle up. It is smutty. The story focuses equally on J/H and D/E and there's a little bit of slash with an OC and another character from the show that we all know and love.
- The same holds true for "The Long Road Back", except that it focuses mostly on J/H and the friendships between each of the characters. This almost as much a J/D E/H fic as it is a shipper story. Some telenovela twists and turns, campy fun.
- "Resolutions" is a T70S future-fic one-shot that I wrote on a lark and it turned out to be the most audacious, structure-wise, of anything I've written. I'm really proud of this one, since I tried to stretch myself as a writer, so if you get a chance, read it and let me know whether or not you think it works! It might be my favorite thing I've done here.
- "The Morning After" is a short multi-chapter sequel to "Resolutions" and is my other WIP.
- I'm in the outline phase of "Stop Making Sense", which will be unlike anything I've written for T70S. It will be fun and fast and not too angsty with a dash of magical realism.
"Under Covers" - I'm halfway done with a smutty challenge for Veronica Mars (ElegantFaerie posted it). I'm doing a one-shot featuring Lamb/Veronica. I'm not really a DoVe shipper, but the actors do have great chemistry, and it will give me a chance to write angry smut, because...why not?
My favorite couples are total opposites who have a love/hate/sometimes hostile dynamic. Please PM me if you know of a couple you think I'm missing who I might enjoy.
So far, my favorite couples to read and write for are:
Jackie/Hyde (T70S) - runner-up OTP, they love to hate and hate to love each other.
Logan/Veronica (Veronica Mars) - untouchable OTP, I could write about them forever and not get bored.
Mac/Dick (Veronica Mars) - so different, and yet they make sense to me on some level, but a challenge to get them together believably, which is what keeps me interested.
Schmidt/CeeCee (The New Girl) - Schmidt and anyone really, his neurosis is gold.
Nick/Jess (The New Girl) - everything! Are there two more compatible people? Probably the only pairing where everybody can see that they belong together but them.
Henry/Casey (Party Down) - the chemistry! The banter! The snarkiness! Like a much less tragic, slightly less dysfunctional Veronica and Logan.
Nancy/Andy (Weeds) - so so so wrong that it's almost right except that it isn't...but it should be.
Chuck/Blair (Gossip Girl) - cheesiness aside, how could I not ship these two after the limo sex? If only the last three seasons of GG could be erased from memory, they would be an updated version of Valmont and Madame Merteuil.
- I'm an adventure screenwriter, so my fics also tend to fall along those lines and take place over lots of locations with tons of crazy stuff happening.
- I'm also not big on sappiness/fluff and love dark humor! My characters swear like sailors and like to get it on (see above re: my love of sMut!).
- I'm a canon girl, and am generally not into 'forbidden ships' or pairing couples who have absolutely no basis in the show's history (with the exception of Mac/Dick, though I would argue there were a lot of hints toward the possibility in season 3).
- Not a big fan of OCs as main love interests either, but don't mind them in a triangles.
- I don't write it (yet?) but crackfic is A-OK with me. The wackier and more creative, the better. I really wish I could think of something out-there wacky - so feel free to suggest via PM.
- OOC = Crap. Unless there's a compelling reason why somebody is acting not like themselves (ie - amnesia, hit on the head, PTSD, unknown trauma...or crack!fic, etc), I want no part of it. I don't care what you make your characters do, just make sure they're doing it in character. People want to read their fandoms because they love the characters, not some watered down wish-fulfillment version of them. Basically, don't expect my Hyde to deliver romantic soliloquies while playing the harp, or my Veronica to be a trusting, demure debutante who would drink an unsealed beverage given to her by a total stranger. Their flaws are what makes the stories entertaining.
Thanks for reading my stuff! Your reviews and comments make my day!
PS - Because so many have asked, my Username is an homage to Marlene Dietrich's character in the movie "Shanghai Express". It's all about the Noir (I majored in film at college).
PPS - MY PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED - A VERONICA MARS MOVIE IS FINALLY HAPPENING YAHOO! AND YES - I DONATED WAY WAY TOO MUCH $!
Unsafe External Link