Poll: What do you think 'the eyes' are? Vote Now!
Author has written 7 stories for Hunger Games, Okami, and Dangan Ronpa Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei.
Current Status (5/15): THE PAYWALL IS DOWN! Like--gjhsgh--that means you can read Dangan Ronpa! Go to somethingawful forums and read it now! NAAOOOOO! FLY YOU FOOLS! Educate yourself so you can submit a character to my future SYOC! GJAKSFAHSBYAKUYATOGAMISJHAGDSDANGMANGHASEGFHD HERE:
Also do you like my profile picture, it's a visual of what I look like writing my stories.
Quote of the week...
Me & Sis: /singing as I delete story/ If you liked it then you should have put a review on it! If you liked it then you should have put a review on it!
42nd, 43rd, 44th Games Fanart (and other fanmade goodies)
SomeRandomScribbler: The 43rd Hunger Games Cover
lunarisque: The 42nd Hunger Games Cover
The Head Gamemaker: The 44th Hunger Games Cover
lucky str1k3: http://purplee-stark08.deviantart.com/art/A-Tribute-To-My-Fans-370048699?q=gallery%3Apurplee-stark08%2F35888425&qo=0
Did I forget anyone?
I posted this on my tumblr, but decided to put it here as well because you guys deserve to see this.
Map of Panem: h t t p : / / images2 . wikia . nocookie . net/thehungergames/images/3/31/Vanja1995_Panem_Map . png
This is probably my favorite map I’ve seen, I especially like how they picked out places the Games were held. And I get to see what District I would live in! I always had a headcanon where my Games were located and with this picture, I can point ‘em out. :)
42nd - Took place in the Ring of Fire, on the coast of what used to be California. Obviously, it would be one of the spots that’s bordering the ocean. Most likely, it would correlate to where a city once stood. I'd say it's on the tip of that peninsula, a little to the left of District 4, but it's open to interpretation.
43rd - This one took place way up north in Alaska and it's the dot right on the water, also apart of the Ring of Fire. Recall that Bentley found the ice sheet and was devoured by orcas living in the ocean. So that spot actually fits perfectly. The Gamemakers most likely found the volcano and altered that area to be the fire side. All the surrounding area is ice.
44th - I don’t want to give too much away, but it would be way down south—one of those dots that’s sitting in the middle of water. I'm going to go with the one that's located where Mexico used to be. Hope your tribute can swim.
SALUTATIONS! And welcome to my profile.
The name's Hipengy or Hoprocker, whichever you'd prefer! I created this second account after the purge of SYOTs because I didn't want to put my first one in danger. I still use both. I had a third account but unfortunately I can no longer log onto that one because my email changed. Whoops. At least I'll never be able to read all the angry PMs coming my way. But y'know, you should just stick to this account because the third one has embarrassing stuff I wrote when I was el stupido and the first one just winds up confusing people.
Fun Facts About Me!
1. My favorite animal is a burrowing owl, or just any type of owl in general. I like tigers too. And the Tiger. If you know what I mean. And wolves. Aaaand kitties. And all of the birdies. Except herons because they eat the koi out of my pond. RIP Goober, Shadow, Ness, Twilight, Flash, random frog. :(
Favorite Books: Warriors, Hunger Games, Harry Potter, Watership Down, Divergent Trilogy
Favorite Movies: Lord of the Rings, Coraline, Homeward Bound, Hunger Games, Phantom of the Opera, Anything Disney
Favorite TV Shows: Lost, Seinfeld, The Middle, Impractical Jokers, Vampire Diaries, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Teen Titans, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, Running Man
Favorite Anime: Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica, Princess Tutu, Higurashi, Wolf's Rain, Fruits Basket
Favorite Video Games: Okami, Legend of Zelda, Pokemon, Kirby, Mario Kart, Smash Bros, Hatoful Boyfriend, Portal 2, Harvest Moon, Dangan Ronpa
Celebrities I Will Never Have: Kim Jong Kook. :( Ian Somerhalder used to be my man but he smokes...turn-off. :( But KJK is so perfect, you don't even know man. You don't even know. I wonder if I should expand this to Fictional Husbands but the number of fictional guys I find attractive is way too high and I think people would stop appreciating me.
Might be editing this list soon...it's just so freaking long. Will probably take off Bloodbaths or characters I just don't care about. Sorry. Maybe. Already took down some minor characters.
My sister and I started coming up with theme songs for some characters in my Hunger Games XP And a lot of you have submitted some too! Tributes get no more than two themes and couples get one. I'm going to list them here for fun:
The 42nd - What if the Storm Ends? by Snow Patrol
The 43rd - Welcome to my Life by Simple Plan or Hot N Cold by Katy Perry LOL
The 44th - A Demon's Fate by Within Temptation
Hip - Runaway Baby by Bruno Mars or Womanizer by Britney Spears
Channa - Primadonna by Marina and the Diamonds or Coming Home Part 2 by Skylar Grey
Channa (x Hip) - Born to Die by Lana Del Rey
Channa (x Rhutter) - Dark Side by Kelly Clarkson
Saffron - Sakuya's Theme (Sonatina in C Minor) from Hatoful Boyfriend OST or Perfect by Simple Plan
Ravish - Circus by Britney Spears
Ian - Toxic by Britney Spears
Jade (x Ian) - I Knew You Were Trouble by Taylor Swift
Zane - The Fighter by Gym Class Heroes
Adrenaline - What the Hell by Avril Lavigne or So What by P!nk
Xander - Iris by Goo Goo Dolls
Seth - The Scientist by Coldplay
Frederick (x Julia) - Rhythm of Love by Plain White T's
Kelsea - Breakaway by Kelly Clarkson or Paradise by Coldplay
Meredith - Bad List by Ayria
Cole (x Channa) - B Team by Marianas Trench
Amara (x Kalin) - Angels by Within Temptation
Isaac - Somebody That I Used to Know by Gotye
Vera - Come Into My Head by Kimbra
Chat - A Thousand Years by Christina Perri
Mitch - Orange-Colored Sky by Natalie Cole
Angela - Catch Me If You Can by Jacqueline Emerson
Barrett - Monster by The Automatic or Evil Angel by Breaking Benjamin
Hapi - Do What You Have To Do by Sarah McLachlan or A Dangerous Mind by Within Temptation
Thimble - Titanium by David Guetta
Emmett - Anything I'm Not by Lenka
Emmett (x Beatriss) - Fix You by Coldplay
Scarlet - Bombshell Blonde by Owl City
Rowan - Castle of Glass by Linkin Park
Aluma - Bad Reputation by Joan Jett
Jarek - The Smile Song from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
Julia - Fallin' by Teri de Sario
Kalin - Walk Away by Five Finger Death Punch
Kalin (x Amara) - It Ends Tonight by All-American Rejects
Al - The Great Escape by Boys Like Girls
Carson - Bottom of the River by Delta Rae
Bentley - Every Breath You Take by The Police
Beatriss - A Team by Ed Sheeran
Seyuto - YOLO by The Lonely Island
RANDOM RANT TIME
1. I write in 3rd person, past tense. Deal with it. There's 24 characters to focus on, switching viewpoints gets tiresome and when I read SYOTs in 1st person, I can't keep track of anything. Plus "Mary Sue's POV :B" really takes me out of the story when it pops up in the middle of a page. And 3rd person, present tense just feels like I'm reading a script and it drives me up the wall. I'm at the point where I click on a SYOT, ready to read and review, but then click away as soon as I see it's in first person. I dunno, it's just a major turn-off for me.
2. I have a hard time coming up with sponsor gifts and keeping track of supplies, wounds, etc. I also have a bit of trouble keeping loners interesting, as I'm better at writing dialogue and interactions. Please accept my sincerest apology for this flaw. :(
3. On the topic of writing SYOTs, I will never do first come, first serve again. Profiles with hardly any details SUCK. But that doesn't mean go overboard with the detail either, I don't want to know that your tribute got her front tooth knocked out by a yellow frisbee on a Saturday and it scarred her for life. At least no one can tell it's a fake tooth...
4. Don't base your tributes off of Hunger Games characters. Anything else is fine, as long as you incorporate them smoothly into the Hunger Games setting. Heck, some of my favorite tributes I've received are based on characters from other things. But if you base one off Foxface, Finnick, Johanna...people are gonna realize it and hate you for it. Know why? Because if they're reading Hunger Games fanfiction they've probably read the Hunger Games! :o
5. NO I will not write your yaoi/yuri fantasies for you. Ick. But on a more serious note, I don't write same sex couples. It's controversial and I don't want to alienate any readers that would feel uncomfortable because of it.
6. I like to think my stories are semi-canon. So if you want to make a big deal out of something and be like "A D12 person wouldn't volunteer! Katniss was the only one!" or "I don't think this would've gone down, because then it would have been mentioned later on..." Guess what? I want my stories to be interesting. I'm not gonna write about the arenas that Katniss mentioned because they sounded boring (desert arena, spiked mace arena) and I want to give my readers a good plot. So you want to know why something in my story was never mentioned in the 74th Hunger Games? It's because the 74th Hunger Games came first. THEN came the other ones, in the form of fanfiction.
7. I don't write mentors, stylists, or escorts. The 24 tributes submitted to me are the most important. They will be the ones that are focused on. It's hard enough trying to remember all of THEIR names without adding 60 others into the mix.
8. I don't include characters from the Games except President Snow and Caesar Flickerman. So that means none of those mentors that appear in the 75th Hunger Games are in my story. I just don't feel like writing for them. Like I said, it's about the 24 tributes. (Although I will write for past victors in the stories I've already written, such as Channa. It's their reward for winning)
9. Don't make your tribute perfect, thinking that'll get you a ticket to my Games. The only ticket a perfect tribute deserves is a ticket to the Bloodbath. Give your character FLAWS. That's what makes them interesting.
10. I hate it when people send me messages begging for me to come review their stories. You don't review mine, so why should I waste my precious time reviewing yours? Sorry. It just irks me.
11. This was on the first chapter of the 44th, but I moved it here because that author's note was way too long: Don't try to pull a fast one by sending me different characters on different user profiles. There's a surplus of people vying for spots, and it's selfish to try and take more than one. And it insults my intelligence. If I find out about it, you can guarantee that you won't be seeing any of your characters in the story.
12. More than one person has done this by now. Don't try to get in on the story offering to cowrite or saying you've got a multitude of ideas I should use and get pissed if I don't. I understand you probably just love the story and you want to play a bigger role, but I'm the one writing it and I like to plan ahead. :) My sister is the only other person I generate ideas with. And if you try to steal her thunder, she'll come after you.
13. To the SYOTs I've submitted to...if any authors are reading this, I just wanna say that I will never disappear on you when you kill my character. I SWEAR :) Ha, Sukjin reference. ANYWAYS I will always try my hardest to review every chapter! Because I know how it feels when people inexplicably stop reviewing your story after you've killed their character in an effort to spite you. :(
14. A lot of this doesn't apply anymore because I'm not doing another SYOT...so don't ask me if I'm writing another. I'm not.
Unsafe External Link