Author has written 19 stories for Harry Potter, Doctor Who, and Casanova.
I, stella8h8chang, do solemnly swear to review all the fics I read, regardless of the number of reviews, its age, or anything else.
1. I never write to profit. I write to exalt the "real artists", whose characters and settings I merely rent for a moment in time. (Also, I am a medical student and am not planning to go into the writing business.) So please, if I forget to include a disclaimer anywhere, don't sue me, I mean no desecration or ownership.
2. I am happy to read and support both shipping and slashing. If it’s in canon, I’m all for it. If it’s not in canon, providing it doesn’t include bestiality, incest or persons under the age of thirteen, I will generally tolerate it.
3. I write with all the types of relationships mentioned above. I’m most comfortable writing about Harry Potter, but I will occasionally pop out a Doctor Who fic, or anything that happens to inspire me on the spur of the moment.
4. Original characters? Love them! Tempus in particular has a lot, because it's novel-length, set in the 1890s (and JKR named about 5 canon characters alive at that time), and it was sort of my bridge between original- and fan-fiction after my 4-year hiatus from the latter. I feel very strongly about this - that Mary-Sues are a product of careless writing, not some sort of pseudoscientific formula.
5. Alternate Universes? Bring them on!I don't do them that often though, because I will almost always end up in original-fic land.
6. Everyone seems to be writing tidbits of their style, so I feel compelled to do so! I love minor characters, complicated plots, rhyming poetry, over-the-top literary techniques and intertextuality. I like writing angst, but only with a few sprinklings of sunshine here and there, and I like writing humour, but only with a little darkness served on the side. As William Blake, my poetic idol said, "without contraries there can be no progression".
7. Feedback is always, always, always appreciated.
stella8h8chang in short (pun not intended):
My genetic karyotype contains an XX pairing, which is coincidentally my age in Roman numerals. I am fascinated by things starting with S (storywriting, sucrose, the number 7, skating, singing, soundtracks, surgery (mainly neuro), skin (see, I'm an ectodermal kind of girl), stethoscopes (well, except for that), success (who doesn't?), summer, shiny stuff (though not Edward Cullen), and my screen name. However, I adore men whose names start with J (Josh Groban, John Barrowman, James Marsden, Jonathan Rhys Meyer, Jeffrey Buttle, Justin Timberlake, Johnny Weir, Johnny Depp, Jack Chambers, David John Tennant, Daniel Jacob Radcliffe, James Potter...) and I admire ladies whose names start with V (Vienna Teng, Vanessa-Mae, Vanessa Carlton, Virginia Woolf, the Veronicas...) or...any letter, really. I can be something of a feminist at times.
In case you hadn't noticed, I am a glutton for music, particularly that which does not come from my generation, am one note short of a three-octave vocal range, and play pop music on my piano mostly by ear despite my parents' hassling to buckle down and get my associate diploma. Most of the time I live in a flat opposite a hospital, which means I frequently get woken up by ambulances, which might explain my ineptitude when it comes to mornings (that was a warning, and this is a hint: I live within Australian Eastern Standard Time).
If you want to find out more about me, you can do so by paying my Livejournal a visit (same username as here).
currently loving and beta-ing:
Tempus Amat Volare (Time Loves to Fly) aka NaNo07! Novel-length fic; expect in the vicinity of 80K words when complete. A truly original look at the build-up to the Dumbledore/Grindelwald showdown. To be released progressively over 2008/2009. Soon to come? Find out what happened to Hesper and Harvey...
Beedle in Rhyme - part 3, Ode to the Fountain of Fair Fortune, is now up!
- I love to knit, and so do many of my favourite characters in the Potterverse. "Why" I think is the question! Want to know why Luna, Molly and Hermione all knit?
Unsafe External Link