Author has written 41 stories for Pokémon, Yu-Gi-Oh, and Naruto.
Hello to everyone! I'm everyone is interested, so I'll tell you quickly, I'm 25 years old and my name's Joy and I'm a girl (Go figure, Joy-girl... get it?) Anyway, I am from the great, but confusing city of Pittsburgh, though I have recently gotten my first full time paying job and it's... ready? In Japan! Woot!
10 plus years!! Ah, I feel old. Not to sound horribly cheesy, but fanfiction has been a wonderful influence on my life. Okay, maybe not wonderful, is has kept me from being social or reading school books on a few [many] nights, but it did spur me on to be an English teacher and it's a great outlet for my creativity. So viva-la-fanfiction!
Quick note that is repeated at the end because I'm sure soon you all will be skipping through the rest of my profile very soon. Anything written before 2005 was done in my lower teenage years and are just plain... embarrassing if not for the grammar, then for the typical teenage cheese and occasional angst. Anyway, some of the plots are good and I like to think I was a slight legend in my time, but read at your own risk. Anything after that is safe :)
So... here's a list of my top...topness...
All time favorite animes
Full Metal Alchemist (I can and will go on for hours about both versions of the anime and the manga.)
I am following these animes/manga:
Top things that annoy me the most in fanfictions:
1) Drabbles/ less than 800 word stories. Why are they considered fan fiction? They're just small, pointless little things. Admittedly, i have read a few short cute little stories, but very special few.
2) '(insert name) is hot - oh no, I didn't just think that!' ... ... -'nuff said.
3) AU's that are OOC. Why are you writting in this section? It's not in the same world, the Characters aren't acting like themselves, what's the point! All they are, are people who just happen to have the same name and look the same (and sometimes not even that!) Again, I ask, why aren't you in fictionpress?
4) Badly written Cliches. Let's face it, most people love cliches. That's why they are some popular, but sometimes they are just so badly written or blend in with all of the others that it's just cheesy and painful. It's a fine line, but some people go well over into the bad side.
5) Lazy writting in stories or summaries. I.e. - People who use '4' instead of 'for', or 'cuz' instead of 'because' or 'cause', things like that. This shows me that your lazy and the quality of work sucks. I swear that when I become a teacher, any student of mine who inserts text talk into stories, essays, or papers will be knocked down at least a letter grade.
6) Summaries that say 'It's not very good, but read it anyway.' Why would I want to read it if you, the writer, think it's not good?
7) In that same vein, stories that do not have summaries to begin with. For example, "Read to find out!" Find out what? That doesn't sound very convincing. I like to know what I'm reading thank you.
8) Without good reason OOCness (which is the gereral case).
9) Mary Sues/A main OC. We come to this section to read about the characters in the anime. If you want to write about yourself, go make up your own sotry with similar ideas and put it in fictionpress or something.
10) When something bad happens to someone, like rape for instance, they're depressed blah blah, but then, as soon as the person they like says they love them, everything is okay and they totally forget what happened to them. This doesn't happen in real life people!
11) Too much drama. People have so much self pity for no good reason, you just want to shake them and say "GET A GRIP AND MOVE ON!" Although, this may just be my irritation with some people I know ha ha... (cough) moving on...
12) High school fics (Unless the anime is set in a high school setting). Okay, I've been through high school and sometimes feel like I'm still there, I see this drama everyday. I don't really want to read about it even more. I came to read about the pokemon world, or the ninja world... not more overdramatic teenagers. ...To be fair, I have read some rare excellent high school fanfictions, but they do tend to be rare.
13) "One day, my computer malfunctions and transports me into the (insertname) world! How Will I survive?"
TOP 10 FAVORITES FANFICTIONS
1) Pokemon Master by: Acey (Pokemon) - For being the best pokemon fanfiction I've ever read
Note on fanfictions:
All fanfictions written by me before 2005 really... suck So read on your own discretion, especially since I was in the teenage 'angsty' stage and my writing skills were a bit raw. BUT! If you want good reading, read the stuff after :)
Any pokemon/Yu-Gi-Oh that need updating: Probably not continuing because they're all pokemon/Yu-Gi-Oh and I don't watch it anymore. Maybe someday I'll get really bored and redo them or something
Songs for Life: Naruto - Second chapter out! It's not a songfic, but rather a series of chapters based on a theme of a song (...or is that a songfic? How about, no one is singing to anyone and any lyrics are at the beginning so interspersed). "Because sometimes songs reflect times of our lives better than words" Couples are mainly SasuSaku, but will contain team goodness and other various relationships that come and go as I please. Reviews are encouraging and get me motivated. The more reviews, the faster things get written.
13 Years of Summer: (Coming soonish) Each year summer brings new things, whether it's growth, death, an important moment, or a simple insignificant memory that holds a special meaning to two people. 13 different years captured as Sasuke and Sakura grow.
Down the Rabbit Hole: (Bonus Chapter coming eventually) When Sakura jumps in front of an attack meant for Sasuke, she finds herself in a new world full of strangely familiar faces. Sakura must find her way home before she looses herself. "But I don't want to be among mad people!" "Oh, you can't help that, we're all mad here."
Because I Could Not Stop For Death: (Chapter 4 in the works) Everything is finally going well for Sasuke when Death comes to take him. Sasuke, on the other hand refuses to die and Death decides to induldge him - provided he fulfills certain requirements.
"Bow ties are cool." (Doctor Who)
(random side note) Spiders in Japan make spiders in the US look like pansies.
Unsafe External Link