Author has written 27 stories for Harry Potter, Naruto, Digimon, Bleach, Hunger Games, Gravitation, Kingdom Hearts, Percy Jackson and the Olympians, and Tales of Symphonia.
I've had a fanfiction.net account for a few years now and, as you can see through my favorites, I've read a LOT of stories. Some of them are fantastic and some are so painfully bad I couldn't look away. That said, I rarely RARELY review a story I've read unless it has something extraordinary about it. (Whether they are so good or so bad varies.) Some of the fics I have up at the moment were written a looong time ago and that is the only thing I can say about any immaturity that can be found in them. I've recently been inspired to do some new fics, the first in a while, so I hope you all enjoy them, though the majority of them are oneshots and I seem to write pretty angsty these days. . . :)
I'm a Harry Potter fan. I appreciate a good time travel fic.
I dabble in writing, but I haven't done anything new in a while.
I'm a college student with a full time job and many MANY other errands to run so my free time is next to nill.
I'm particularly fond of 90s= early 2000 cartoons as I believe childrens' entertainment value has gone way down since I was a kid. I loved Sailormoon, Cardcaptor Sakura, Kenshin, and most other shows played on Toonami when it was up on CN. I'm really in love with Digimon right now. :)
I'm a yaoi fan girl. I will have to say that if you have any unfavorable opinions about the pairings in my fics then keep them to yourself. I'm not here to please homophobes, I'm here to practice my writing ability and provide another insight to the many genres of entertainment we all love.
TAICH AND KOUSHIROU FTW!!
About the stories:
I don't write often. I'm very busy, but occasionally I'll get story ideas in my head and they just won't go away until I write them down. That said, if the fic is more than a few years old then you read at your own expense. I cannot promise quality. Those stories were written long ago. If you want something more mature then read the recent fics. I'm keeping the old fics up simply because all of them have been favorited by someone and I don't like it when one of the stories in my favorites list just disappears.
Those are probably the most important things while looking at my profile.
The Guidelines of Picking a Story (PM me if you have any more. I will add to this as I think of them.)
I've been on fanfiction.net for a very long time and as such I have stumbled upon fics ranging from bloody brilliant to so gruesomely bad that they scrape the very bottom of human intellect. That said, I've developed rules in which I go by to ensure I don't purposely read something so bad it melts my brain. Like I've mentioned above, please feel free to PM me any more that you can think of. I'm doing this mostly in jest, but I do believe most of how I search is just plain good advice if you want to enjoy the fanfiction experience to its fullest.
1. If the summary has any grammar or spelling errors in it then don't waste your time. Chances are that if the author couldn't spell check one sentence then they haven't done so with the story either.
2. If the summary contains the words “the story is better than the summary” or “the summary sucks but the fic is better” turn around. It's a lie.
3. If the author of the fic has the username TWILIGHTROCKS or something to the effect of OMGEDWARDSQUEE then just assume the fic is dribble on principle.
4. Trying out new genres and story types is a good thing, but if the summary is borderline crazy weird then the fic probably is too.
5. Slash is your friend. Badly written porn by twelve year old kids is not.
6. If you are on the fence about a summary and you don't want to actually risk trying it out then check out the reviews. Reviewers give pretty decent insight towards a well written story. If the reviews all consist of “OMG I C8N't SpElL BuT UR stOry is the best in da WURLD!” then the opinions of the reviewers are all rendered invalid and you probably already have the answer to your dilemma.
7. If you are annoyed by reading a really great fic only to get to the last update and realize the author hasn't updated in three years then try using the complete only function in the search to save valuable time.
8. C2s are wonderful. Shifting through all the Favorites lists for individual users in the C2 section is not wonderful. Use the search features and go by either archive size or subscription count. It saves you time, but also beware of popular ship C2s. There are probably more TAITO, Naru/sasu, yuri sailormoon, and Harry/Ginny C2s than you can shake a stick at. It's not that they are terrible pairings, only that they probably carrying every fic written under the sun about that ship regardless if they are actually good or not.
9. If the summary of a story contains the words, "DUN DUN DUN!" turn around, do not pass go, do not collect $200. That story is not worth your time. Either the author is not serious enough about that story or it's just bad on principal.
Unsafe External Link