Author has written 39 stories for Dragon Ball Z, Card Captor Sakura, Prince of Tennis, Naruto, Flame of Recca, Bleach, Kaze no Stigma/風のスティグマ, and Legend of Korra.
"If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough." - Lowell Lundstrum
A med student who will now be very busy for the next four years or so. :) I have been writing since I was a teenager and I am no longer one so that should give you an approximate timeline of my life. I've been doing this forever and will continue to do so as long as there's a plot I can't help but write. I thrive on good criticism and I balk at senseless flaming/trolling. And I am always in a good mood when I read good fiction, so if I go missing occasionally it's probably because I'm reading someone else's works.
Follow me onfor more writings and randomness. :D
Warning: If you read anything that was started/written BEFORE 2005 or so, please know that those stories are the very old and should be read with some caution (if you're expecting the same caliber of writing that my recent stories have). Those dated from 2006 to 2007 are acceptable (in my opinion), but they haven't been beta-ed and my writing level now is very different compared to then. I was not on FF.Net from around 2007 until the end of 2011 so there is a large gap. This is just a friendly warning because I have such a love-hate relationship with those early fics. I love them because they are my roots but I hate them because I can't read them without cringing and so I can't gather the courage to edit them. :/
PET PEEVES ABOUT FANFICTION
- Bad writing that includes (but is not limited to): incorrect spelling, strange grammar, wrong punctuation, cliched stories that are written in a mediocre manner (I love cliches but not when everyone writes them in the exact same way as someone else's), OOC-ness (unless absolutely necessary and with a warning), and any other writing sin there is.
- Story Alerts when a fic says 'COMPLETE'. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of even adding it? Unless it's a collection of drabbles/one-shots, I don't think they're gonna update it. :/
- Mary Sue's. I can't stand a perfect character so when someone inserts an OC (oftentimes in representation of themselves) into a fic, I can't bring myself to read it. Of course there are certain cases in which there might be a need for one (like in a mainly male-dominated fandom and you want to insert a little romance without the yaoi), but if there are female characters that are perfectly capable of being used, please use them.
- Lots of canon pairings. Seriously, I find so many boring and predictable that I just don't give a crap anymore. At the very least give me a canon couple with a little spitfire and without the girl gushing all over the guy like he's man's gift to women. If not, then good day to you, sir.
- Flaming/Trolling. Sweetheart, fics clearly state the pairing in the summary 98% of the time. And if by chance you click it because it's vague and the author doesn't use the specific character filters and you find that you don't like/despise the pairing, save us from your opinionated rants (that no one cares about, btw) and exit quietly. Thank you.
- Criticism about my writing that's over 5 years old. The date posted is 2003. It was updated 2011. If you only read the first chapter, chances are my writing isn't the same as it was when I started. So, do me a favor and read the most recent chapter before you go about criticizing grammar and spelling. I was in middle school and I hated beta-ing my own shit, but I'm fairly sure I've gotten better since then.
I update when I like and how I like. I'm no longer in high school nor am I a college student. My studies will come first now that I've finally reached my goal to get into medical school. So if I don't update at a speed that you like, two words: Fuck. Off. I have been very good about updates for the last six months but now I'm tired and I have a lot on my plate. For those of you haters that don't like it, feel free to stop reading. However, know this: I will NEVER abandon a fic I've begun. I've only done that once in my entire time as a fanfiction writer and I don't intend to do so again. But do understand that I'm not some kid that listens to trolls who have nothing better to do than demand shit from me. Get off my nuts, son.
As for all my wonderful, consistent and patient readers/reviewers, thank you so much. I really do love you guys. I wouldn't be able to do this without any of you. It really makes me so happy to see your names and to reply to each comment (and believe me, I try hard to keep up and respond to each comment and question, as well as do my best not to disappoint you when I do begin to write). And, if/when there comes a time when I end up leaving a fandom, please know that I have many great memories because of all the wonderful people who were willing to drop me a line or two (or essay, in some special cases). ;) Thank you!
I personally hate it when people beg for reviews (e.g., "I will not update until I get * reviews!") and since I get a very good number myself, I'm not ungrateful, not at all. However, I am bothered by the fact that very well written stories aren't given their due credit. And if you're like me and decide that a fic must be good by averaging the reviews (which is about 8 reviews per chapter for me - I'm a bit of a math geek), then please do that writer a favor and leave a review. They didn't get that many based on a fluke but what writer feels better about updating when they only get two per chapter?
On another but relevant note, favoriting/alerting is wonderful but it's also a one-time deal. A writer knows you like a story enough to follow it, maybe even love it if you're willing to add it to your list of favorites. But that's the problem: you can only do this one story at a time and the writer never hears how much you enjoy their work. Writing anything is a labor of love and while no one should be writing for reviews alone they do make us remember why we love our stories so much. So, if you love them too, then please say something, anything. It makes us feel special that there are people who believe in our talent and work.
And even if they're not necessarily great writers, everyone has the potential to be. So write an encouraging and/or constructive review with your insights, things like that. Us FF writers aren't solitary creatures that write specifically just to write. We need feedback to feel like our efforts - which oftentimes feel Herculean in the face of writer's block, pressure and real life stress - have been worthwhile. So, please, before you close that tab, take a second and just write a few words. Believe me, every writer will thank you for it. :)
I have been so lucky to have In Every Season translated into Chinese by chairrrrs. Thank you so much for doing it! Read it here!
All of these stories are works of fiction based on the original series or with use of characters belonging to their respective creators. I do not own any characters unless otherwise stated. All words and plots are mine or are inspired by others who have been given their due credit. Plagiarism is illegal so please do not take any of these stories or re-post them without permission. Thank you.
Unsafe External Link