Author has written 47 stories for Forever Knight, Digimon, Doctor Who, Justice League, Flash, Green Lantern, Touched by an Angel, and Nightwing.
Personal boycott as of 2013. This is my own boycott. Not asking others to do so:
Since (as a Wally West fan) just got burned by Young Justice DCAU, I thought it might be a good idea plus a sort of personal catharsis if I made a list of DC people who had a direct hand in wiping Wally West from existence. This way I can refer to the list and not purchase or otherwise watch anything by these people:
DC Animated Universe division:
Brandon Vietti and Greg Weisman: Young Justice DCAU: listed because they purposefully ignored him during Invasion then at the last moment irrevocably (their words) killed him off purely for 'closure' or some such stupidity. They planned in advance to kill off Wally as some sort of pointless martyr while Bart would take the Flash mantle. It's why Wally was made to be far slower than the Allens. This decision was not changed even with what happened to Wally later in DC52.
DC comic book division: Heads of DC listed as either okayed Wally's mothballing or otherwise had him demoted in some fashion.
Diane Nelson (President)
Not sure if had anything to do with decisions to keep Wally out of DC52, Flashpoint, or Barry as Speed Force Engine:
Kyer no longer recognizes Young Justice's existence within the DCAU. It's as dead to me as Wally is to them.
Flash Facts for new writers (because this sort of non-research ticks me off:
1. The only DC speedster who had a humongous appetite was Wally. Even there it was explained during the early years of his being The Flash that it was psychological and not a necessity. In the JL/JLU cartoons you can figure that this abnormal appetite took place before he found out that he really didn't need to eat. In YJ, still young kid, appetite would still apply.
Barry Allen never had an abnormal need for food (save for a Silver Age story where a spell was put on him.)
2. Barry Allen has blue eyes just like Superman and Batman. Wally has green eyes although during the beginning the comic book colorists mistook his eye color for Barry's. This was retconned by Mark Waid in that the blue eyes actually belonged to Walter West (a Flash of a different dimension) Don't ask me how the mix ups happened, but Wally officially has green eyes and has for quite some time. Bart has yellow eyes like a lion. NOT green or blue. Again, I don't know where they hire the animation colorists from, but they need to give those people a fact sheet. (For that matter, the comic book artists need one too.)
3. Rudolph West was a decent man and father up to when the writers were forced by DC Ed to make someone close to Wally a traitor to the human race and Rudolph subsequently tried to murder Mary and sell Wally to the enemy for their big DC crossover event: The Invasion (not the same invasion as YJ:DCAU.) After that was over, the writers Messner and Loebs did do their best to mend the slight by making Rudy a scoundrel who was always looking for a money scam, but who did care about his son Wally. Rudolph never beat Wally. That scene floating around the Net is actually a nightmare sequence brought on by a dream demon in a later Teen Titan story.
4. Wally's birthday in the DCU (when he still existed there) was January 16th. It's there on an old DC created calendar you can find pictures of on the net. Again, they changed it for the YJ show. No idea why.
5. Wally had a lot of girl friends as a teen and into his early 20's, but once he found Linda Park (and managed to win her heart) he stopped being a horn dog (still looked though, yes, no crime done) and thus began one of the greatest romance stories in DCU history. (Which, yeah, again they killed because DC52 seems to have a thing against happily married couples.)
6. Wallace Rudolph West went by the nickname Wally. I don't know where this "Wals" or "Walls" is coming from in fanfics, but it makes my teeth grind without fail. Why would Wally want another name other than Wally or Flash especially since the original nickname uses the same amount of syllables as this "Walls"? I mean..."Walls" just sounds stupid. Think about it...name of part of a building. "Walls West" sounds horrid.
DC: I adore Wally West. Also like Superman and Booster Gold under Giffen's writing. Not big on a lot of the 'new' 52 started Sept 2011. Ask me how much I hate how they got rid of Wally and Clark Kent's living parents, Skeeter, destroyed the Titans...you'll get an earful. I'm pissed at DC.
Sherlock BBC: best Sherlock and Watson ever.
Doctor Who: best SF program ever...well, with a lot of competition from Babylon 5.
You know your fandom is in his death throes when a Wally West search in Justice League and Flash brings up stories about non-canon relatives or lovers and the Rogues far, far, more than they do on the character you were searching for. Hardly any stories are based on the show characters and how they related to each other or to canon villains.
Unsafe External Link