Author has written 1 story for Naruto.
VIRGO- The Perfectionist Dominant (Aug 23-Sept 22) In relationships. Conservative. Always wants the last word. Argumentative. Worries. Very smart. Dislikes noise and chaos. Eager. Hard working. Loyal. Beautiful. Easy to talk to. Hard to please. Harsh. Practical and very fussy. Often shy. Pessimistic.
Weird is good, strange is bad, and odd is when you don't know which to call someone. Weird is the same as different, which is the same as unique, then weird is good. If you are weird and proud of it, copy this onto your profile!
.••) .•) .•.•) .•)
(.• (.•pass the ribbon around if you know someone that has survived, DIED, or is living with cancer.
HOMOPHOBIA IS GAY
I am the boy who never finished high school, because I got called a fag everyday
I am the girl kicked out of her home because I confided in my mother that I am a lesbian.
I am the prostitute working the streets because nobody will hire a transsexual woman.
I am the sister who holds her gay brother tight through the painful, tear-filled nights.
We are the parents who buried our daughter long before her time.
I am the man who died alone in the hospital because they would not let my partner of twenty-seven years into the room.
I am the foster child who wakes up with nightmares of being taken away from the two fathers who are the only loving family I have ever had. I wish they could adopt me.
I am not one of the lucky ones. I killed myself just weeks before graduating high school. It was simply too much to bear.
We are the couple who had the Realtor hang up on us when she found out we wanted to rent a one-bedroom for two men.
I am the person who never knows which bathroom I should use if I want to avoid getting the management called on me.
I am the mother who is not allowed to even visit the children I bore, nursed, and raised. The court says I am an unfit mother because I now live with another woman.
I am the domestic-violence survivor who found the support system grow suddenly cold and distant when they found out my abusive partner is also a woman.
I am the domestic-violence survivor who has no support system to turn to because I am male.
I am the father who has never hugged his son because I grew up afraid to show affection to other men.
I am the home-economics teacher who always wanted to teach gym until someone told me that only lesbians do that.
I am the woman who died when the EMT s stopped treating me as soon as they realized I was transsexual.
I am the person who feels guilty because I think I could be a much better person if I didn't have to always deal with society hating me.
I am the man who stopped attending church, not because I don't believe, but because they closed their doors to my kind.
I am the person who has to hide what this world needs most, love.
I am the person ashamed to tell my own friends I'm a lesbian, because they constantly make fun of them.
I am the boy tied to a fence, beaten to a bloody pulp and left to die because two straight men wanted to "teach me a lesson"
--IF YOU BELIEVE THAT HOMOPHOBIA IS WRONG... RE-POST THIS--
1) Being gay is not natural. Real Americans always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, liposuction and air conditioning.
2) Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.
3) Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.
4) Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all; women are still property, blacks still can't marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.
5) Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed; the sanctity of Britney Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.
6) Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn't be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren't full yet, and the world needs more children.
7) Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.
8) Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That's why we have only one religion in America.
9) Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That's why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.
10) Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven't adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans...
Re-post this if you believe in legalizing gay marriage
apples on trees.
The best ones are
at the top of the tree.
The boys don't want to reach
for the good ones because they
are afraid of falling and getting hurt.
Instead, they just get the rotten apples
from the ground that aren't as good,
but easy. So the apples at the top think
something is wrong with them, when in
reality, they're amazing. They just
have to wait for the right boy to
come along, the one who's
brave enough to
to the top
of the tree
Top Ten Reasons to Study Humanities by Roberta J. Vandermast
1. To develop your mental flexibility through the practice of the critical thinking skills of analysis and synthesis.
2. To improve your communication abilities through the development of reading, thinking, writing, and speaking skills.
3. To learn to integrate information, ideas, and opinions from a variety of sources and perspectives.
4. To gain a global perspective through a knowledge of world cultures.
5. To increase your respect for cultural and individual differences through a knowledge of the achievements of world civilizations.
6. To experience the connection between culture and your own community through museum visits, concerts, theater performances and the support of local artists.
7. To clarify your personal values through the analysis of multiple viewpoints in ambiguous moral situations, examining the process of valuing, and understanding the nature of moral decision making.
8. To increase your personal resources for wisdom and perseverance through a study of the many different ways people have handled difficult situations in history, literature, philosophy, mythology, and religion.
9. To come to know what is enduring by studying what humans have found valuable throughout time.
10. To have your spirit awakened and your love of learning inspired by encountering and joining the great minds and hearts of human history in the search for meaning.
"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke
"I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind." From the Canadian Bill of Rights, July 1, 1960.
"We will have a world government whether you like it or not. The only question is whether that government will be achieved by conquest or consent." Paul Warburg (February 17, 1950, as he testified before the US Senate).
"It is better to have loved and lost then to not love at all"
"If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you than its meant to be."
"When we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives mean the most to us, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving much advice, solutions, or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a gentle and tender hand. The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing, not curing, not healing and face with us the reality of our powerlessness, that is a friend who cares." Henri Nouwen
"You are the original of all manifestation; you are the birthplace of even us; you know the whole world, yet none know you...you are both subtle and gross, manifested and veiled, formless, yet with form...Returning after dissolution your own form,dark and formless, you alone remain as one ineffable and inconceivable...though yourself with beginning...you are the beginning of all, creator, preserver, and destroyer." (1972) Woodroffe
" I am nature, the universal mother, mistress of all the elements, primordial child of time, sovereign of all things spiritual, queen of the dead...Though I am worshiped in many aspects...the whole round earth knows me." (1998) Gibson
"There are two kinds of intelligence; one acquired...from books...one already completed and preserved in you...A freshness in the center of the chest...It doesn't move from outside in...It is the fountainhead from within you, moving out." Rumi, (1995) Barks (trans.)
"On that joyous night in secret seen by no one, Nor with anything in sight, I had no other light or mark, Than the one burning in my heart." (1998) de Nicolas
"If your going through hell, keep going" Winston Churchill
"In war as in life, it is often necessary when some cherished scheme has failed, to take up the best alternative open, and if so, it is folly not to work for it with all your might." Winston Churchill
"It's no use saying, ''We are doing our best.'' You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary" Winston Churchill
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." Winston Churchill
"The price of greatness is responsibility." Winston Churchill
"Love is a smoke made with the fume of sighs. Being purged, a fire sparkling in lovers eyes. Being vexed, a sea nourished with lovers tears. What is it else? A madness most discreet, a choking gall and a preserving sweet" William Shakespeare
"Absence makes the heart grow fonder" William Shakespeare
"Ambition is the last refuge of failure" Oscar Wilde
Quotes From Aristotle
"Hope is a waking dream"
"Personal beauty is a greater recommendation than any letter of reference"
" Anyone can become angry -- that is easy. But to be angry with the right person, to the right degree, at the right time, for the right purpose, and in the right way -- this is not easy."
"Cruel is the strife of brothers"
" Men acquire a particular quality by constantly acting a particular way. We become just by performing just actions, temperate by performing temperate actions, brave by performing brave actions."
"At his best, man is the noblest of all animals; separated from law and justice he is the worst."
"For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by doing them."
"Dignity does not consist in possessing honors, but in deserving them."
"Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work."
"Democracy arose from men's thinking that if they are equal in any respect, they are equal absolutely."
"No notice is taken of a little evil, but when it increases it strikes the eye."
"The true end of tragedy is to purify the passions."
" I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies; for the hardest victory is over self."
"It is Homer who has chiefly taught other poets the art of telling lies skillfully."
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal"
"History is what makes man, as it is the very essence that breaks man"
"Losing is a double-edged sword; you may lose something but in return you gain something back"
"Some moments are meant to last while others are meant to pass but the knowledge you gain from each endeavor will always last you forever"
"I've seemed to understand that life will never have a peaceful end"
"life has an ironic way of twisting things around"
"miracles happen but the question is how many times?"
Why Study The Arts And Humanities?
By: Sasha Boczkowski
Because, that's why.
Because a man downtown, with a voice like the sea against the rocks told me i should.
Because my mother told me not to. Because she said mathematics, femal engineering - engineering female.
Because she spends so many nights in paperwork, dreaming herself into fairy tales.
Because of the bruises etched into a Grade 4 spelling partner's cheek each week by a father.
Because television sets are alive and sucking patience out of brains like electric leeches. And it could take hours to perfect this sentence.
Because the average Canuck consumes 140 percent the caloric intake required in a day.
Because Chagall's 'Self-Portrait with seven fingers' did not quite make it into the Saturday morning comics.
Because Adolf Hitler and Stalin, are the only two I've learned about.
Because it's been scientifically proven that listening to Mozart sonatas improves bad hearing.
Because the Burmese government is carbonated in every can of Pepsi Cola.
Because East Timor is on channel 3, and my brother is watching The Simpsons.
Because painters did not build atomic bombs. Because poems dissect them.
Because advertisement agencies are calling themselves creative.
Because a beautiful women is a dress size and a breast size and no longer compared to a summer's day.
Because no one's homophobic but a lot of people stared when a girl kissed a girl goodnight at the bus stop.
Because sometimes even starving artist like to eat dinner.
because time spent with family is marked between 6 and 7 o'clock, in daily agenda.
Because Picasso would tell you that skyscrapers do not quite equal the beauty of all the daffodils they have swallowed.
Because two boys in a coffee shop carried out a complete conversation, and said nothing.
Because I don't know whether I'll be clubbed for saying Black People if I should be saying African Americans.
Because the government runs on monotone thought.
Because a successfully cloned sheep.
Because sometimes you see yourself more clearly in the characters you are writing, than when you look in the mirror.
Because ulcers are nibbling away at stomach's everywhere.
Because graffiti is getting a little bit repetitive.
Because I'd rather be short than vertically challenged.
And if that's not reason enough...
Then because I can write these things to you, and go to math class tomorrow, and pretend they weren't written for myself.