|Beta Bio: general description as a beta reader
Well, I find that I tend to read funny, romantic stories regarding my interests (anime/manga, or movies) and I wouldn't read a fan fiction if I didn't know anything about what the story was based on, however I am willing to do my best to help out even if I wasn't familiar with the story, I wouldn't mind reading it/watching it etc. I'm pretty easy going that way.
But please the reason I volunteered is because I wanna help people write stories and do whatever I can to make them feel more comfortable about their stories! =]
My expectations of anyone requiring my services:
- Are willing to actually listen to my opinion
- Accept that they may have made errors and are willing to correct them
- Are willing to change their story for the better in some way, whether it may be the plot or some other aspect of the story
- Accept that if I can't help, I CAN'T HELP
- Like to work things out and talk through their story and what they are trying to achieve with it
- Are easy to communicate with and have enough knowledge of the English language to be able to communicate with others
- Don't think I know everything, because I DON'T
|My Strengths: beta, writing, or reading strengths
Well, actually I suppose my strengths are being able to:
- Read, write and speak English and Italian fluently
- Find errors and correct them with ease
- Understand what the author is trying to communicate through their work and help them to achieve their goal
- Write in a variety of different document styles eg. poems, chapter stories, sequels and prequels, diary entries, etc.
- Help plan and organize stories eg, chapter layouts, beginnings and endings, prequels and sequels, etc.
- Assist in reading a work of fiction with a critical eye, with the aim of improving grammar, spelling, characterization, and general style of a story prior to its release to the general public. (Mwahahaha, Now where have I seen this before?)
- Spell and explain the meaning of a wide range of words
- Provide story ideas, opinions and work together with the author to achieve a story that satisfies the author
|My Weaknesses: beta, writing, or reading weaknesses
Hmmm, my weaknesses:
- Writing within strict time limits
- I don't know everything about everything
- I don't specialize in extreme scenes eg, extreme: romance, horror or gore and I know virtually nothing about sports, c'ept tennis
|Preferred: types of stories I prefer over others
I suppose I prefer stories that:
- Don't confuse the hell out of the readers
- Do not linger for too long on one issue, well balanced basically, but I can help with that =]
- Provide readers with entertainment
- Aren't "boring" or hard to follow with hard concepts that no-body will understand
- Are in English
- I prefer stories that leave you feeling satisfied of their endings and don't make you want to rip your heart out
- I don't mind parodies or yaoi (male romance)...
|Would Rather Not: I do not beta for these stories
Not my cup of tea, stories that:
- Are full or sexual or horror content
- Rude or offensive
- Are for adults, reasonably rated stories
- Are heart wrenching, make you want to cry for days etc.
- Go on for hundreds of millions of chapters, I don't mind a reasonable amount of chapters
- AREN'T sicko, pervy parodies, like Will and Jack from PoTC, savvy? although I don't mind most
- I don't mix well with stories where the author puts themselves into whatever they're writing about, for example when they write about them being sucked into the world of a movie etc.