| moonyazu9 's Beta Reader Profile
Author has written 10 stories | Yu-Gi-Oh, Death Note, Avatar: Last Airbender, Evangelion, Princess Tutu, and Ouran High School Host Club.
β : moonyazu9 is a registered beta reader and is currently accepting beta reading requests.
|Beta Bio: general description as a beta reader
- I have previously done beta work in classes at high school and at college, and while writing with my creative partner La Princess Morte (also on FF.net). I try my best to keep works logical and well-organized, as well as grammatically correct.
- I usually look over a work once through to get a grip of the work itself, and then on the second or sometimes third go-round I will pick through and edit the work for various things like grammar, sentence structure, word choice, etc. in attempts to improve the work.
- I expect writers to submit work that they feel is their best work, and to be willing to accept that they may have made mistakes. I will not hold back from telling you that something sounds wrong. If you have a plot outline as well, kindly submit that as well, so I can get an idea of where the story is headed.
|My Strengths: beta, writing, or reading strengths
- I am a bit of a Grammar/Spelling Nazi.
- I am pretty good at developing leading sentences for paragraphs.br /
- I am pretty good at respecting continuity and keeping a work in line with said continuity. br /
- I am quite good at gentle advice on what to say or have a character do, so I can fix a plotline if it is stuck or on hiatus.br /
- I am good at doing research if necessary.br /
- I'm great at writing Fluff and Hurt/Comfort. See the list of genres I associate with as well for more ideas of what to ask me for.
|My Weaknesses: beta, writing, or reading weaknesses
- Sometimes I may miss things that other betas would catch; I will not be offended if you want to acquire the services of another beta in addition to my services.br /
- I'm not very good at writing war fic.br /
- I can be a bit scatterbrained sometimes.
|Preferred: types of stories I prefer over others
- I prefer to work with stories that are kept in-universe for whatever fandom is in play; if it is a crossover that I am working on, the main setting's functions will be respected.br /
- I prefer to work with slash or het, as I am somewhat inexperienced at femmslash. M-preg can be handled, as can various types of physical abuse and mental disorders. PWP, limes, lemons, etc. are also within my grasp. Fluff is great. br /
- Regarding Alt-Universe or Alt-Timeline works: I prefer to keep them in-universe, but if the author feels the need to go a little nutsy and/or cross the line of what makes sense, I will gently correct what needs adjustment and go from there.
|Would Rather Not: I do not beta for these stories
I refuse to work with:br /
- Rock Band AUs if they are not appropriate for the fandom br /
- War/Military AU if inappropriate settings for the fandom (I do not know much about the military, ergo I can't really help with it)br /
- Any fandom that I am not listed as a beta reader forbr /
|Content Rating: Fiction K » M
|Categories: categories in black are ones this beta has authored for
|Cartoon Avatar: Last Airbender|
Anime Code Geass
Play Fiddler on the Roof
Book Harry Potter
Anime Hetalia - Axis Powers
Play Into the Woods
Play King and I
Book Lord of the Rings
Play My Fair Lady
Anime Ouran High School Host Club
Movie Pirates of the Penzance
|Anime Princess Tutu|
Movie Road to Eldorado
Movie Sleeping Beauty
Play Spring Awakening
Movie Star Trek: 2009
|Play Sweeney Todd|
Play Thoroughly Modern Millie
Anime Tsubasa Chronicle
Play West Side Story
|Genres: genres in black are ones this beta has authored for