(Sweet expletive, Fanfiction does not like formatting. Please PM me for the full process if this is not readable.)
I'm Kyrastri. I offer both reading and editing services, though availability may change. If there hasn't been a change in status in over a month, please PM me for availability, or contact me elsewise via means indicated on my profile.
As of 19/12/2015: EDITING: Available / READING (Commentary): Available / READING (Constructive Criticism): Available / READING (General): Available
- Commentary section: General running comments throughout the work based on the actual content. Very opinionated, and can go off on tangents.
- ConCrit section: Constructive Criticism across the work based on errors and potential changes that have been suggested based on the context of the work.
- General section: General comments that summarise both opinion and any criticism done previously, with mention to previous chapters (if applicable)
- Follows the same process as EDITING, except this is done directly on the work, and Constructive Criticism will be exclusively focused on grammatical errors.
EXPECTATIONS: I expect the work to:
- have been proof-read several times with obvious errors corrected (General errors will be accepted since I don't expect a draft to be perfect, but this is no excuse to let a work become littered with errors. If it's unreadable, I will not beta it.)
- be in a format easily readable (email and DocX)
- Please note that my beta-reading style is very critical, and I will pick apart flaws that I notice. This does not mean that I have anything against you as a person or your story. Often, it's the exact opposite. I enjoy your work enough to have accepted beta-reading beyond the first chapter. I will always try to emphasise the elements I enjoyed in your story, though the point of beta-reading is not to shower you with praise. It's to pinpoint aspects that you can potentially improve on, even if those aspects are very trivial.
- I reserve the right to stop beta-reading or editing your work at any time. If possible, I will notify you if there's something going on in my life that impacts on my ability to beta-read or edit your work. If it's because I don't want to beta read your work, I will let you know.