| anonymous-lemonade 's Beta Reader Profile
Author has written 20 stories | Fullmetal Alchemist, Rurouni Kenshin, Full Metal Panic, Yu-Gi-Oh, Bleach, Naruto, Nodame Cantabile, Twilight, Soul Eater, Skip Beat!, Hunger Games, Tangled, and Fairy Tail.
β : anonymous-lemonade is a registered beta reader and is currently accepting beta reading requests.
|Beta Bio: general description as a beta reader
I am an Undergraduate and is currently working to get my BA in English to be a high school English teacher. I've been around stories ever since I was a kid so, if you can impress even me with your writing I would be honored to beta for you! Trust me, I am a lot nicer than I may come off. I just don't want to end up reading stuff that you just wrote up in five minutes that isn't well thought out, worked on with pretty clear effort, and or just sadly put together. My time is worth more than that. Have a little respect for your fellow writers. You, of all people, should know how much time it actually takes just to sit down and write in general let alone read someone else's work and not create our own.
So, what it comes down to is... make my efforts worthwhile and, I promise you, I will make your efforts all the more gratifying. ^_^v
|My Strengths: beta, writing, or reading strengths
1) Keen to character depth. If it's a series I know pretty well, I know most of all the characters in and out. So if you clearly don't state beforehand that a character will be... OOC... then I will take it that you do not understand the character well enough to depict them.
2) Description, description, description. If you want to master the art of closely depicting setting, mood, suspense, or a character's physical and emotional depth then a well thought-out and formulated description is what you will need. Everyone has great ideas for the "perfect kiss scene" (or the "perfect death scene" for that matter) but can you convey that exact image of that scene from your mind's eye to the page? Not as easy as it sounds, trust me.
3) Recognizing symbolism (if there is any). I will tell you if by chapter 5 of 6 that there is no correlation to hints/symbolism/analogy that you dropped in chapter 1 to anything else in the story. So if you wrote a story with an excerpt from, say, a poem called “Stopping by the Woods on a Snowy Evening” (by Robert Frost) in the opening and your story follows a suicidal Santa Clause who was constantly raping horses... I would sadly say you are so off I would have to send you to the mental ward!
4) Sequence of actions and reactions. If your plot does not make sense... I will be honored to let you know.
5) Japanese, Chinese, and Thai cultural references. I know most about these Asian cultures and of the rituals and cultivation that makes them unique.
|My Weaknesses: beta, writing, or reading weaknesses
1) *die verb tense* I still trying to master control of my verb tenses so please bare with me as I work out the kinks.
2) Sadly enough, I cannot seem to deal with people who do not have respect for writing as an art form. If you are someone who falls under such a pretense who has access to this website... T_T I beg of you, please do not come to me for help. (That being said, I feel like I have just placed a "kick me" sign on my own back T^T *le sigh*)
3) I'm not that great with horror stories and, as much as I appriciate action sequences, I cannot write them to save my life!
|Preferred: types of stories I prefer over others
I love a good mystery. I really like Modern-AU stories. I love reading well written parallel stories. (ex: Lee; the story of Rock Lee parallel to the story of Naruto) I also enjoy well written romantic comedy. I praise creativity. If you can surprise me, PROPS TO YOU! =D because, to be honest, it doesn't happen often. I prefer reading pairings that I like. To me, it makes the work less distracting.
|Would Rather Not: I do not beta for these stories
I have nothing against it but I just don't read yaoi or yuri. Sci-fi and Horror... not my forte. That's my policy.
|Content Rating: Fiction K » M
|Categories: categories in black are ones this beta has authored for
|Movie 10 Things I Hate About You|
|Anime Hana Yori Dango|
Book Harry Potter
Book Hunger Games
|Anime Nodame Cantabile|
Book Percy Jackson and the Olympians
Anime Rurouni Kenshin
Anime Skip Beat!
|Anime Soul Eater|
Anime Tsubasa Chronicle
|Genres: genres in black are ones this beta has authored for