Home Community Books Fairy Tales Beauty and the Beast... retold
Beauty and the Beast... retold
Follow .
Focus: Books Fairy Tales, Since: 02-06-07
Founder: Thai Libre - Stories: 38 - Followers: 15 - id: 42136
Looking for good Beauty and the Beast retellings? Retellings that are actully strong in plot and haven't been abandoned? Look in here! Some stories may not say BatB retelling But they have the elements of the story.

Release by DallaLuna reviews
In which Beauty, after a discussion with her father, tenuously decides that she will not return to the Beast. Another BatB OneShot with a healthy dose of angst. R&R.
Fairy Tales - Rated: K+ - English - Drama/Angst - Chapters: 1 - Words: 5,447 - Reviews: 4 - Favs: 2 - Follows: 1 - Published: 10/27/2007 - Complete
Quia by DallaLuna reviews
Beauty, during an evening stroll with the Beast, realizes that her life needs to change. Prequel to The Reason Why. Can stand alone. R&R, please.
Fairy Tales - Rated: K+ - English - Drama/Angst - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,576 - Reviews: 6 - Favs: 6 - Follows: 1 - Published: 9/28/2007 - Complete
Half Formed Words by feey reviews
One Shot. A failed fairy tale, from one point of view. Beauty is not the only one who returns to the Beast and his castle.
Fairy Tales - Rated: K+ - English - Tragedy - Chapters: 1 - Words: 464 - Reviews: 8 - Favs: 10 - Follows: 1 - Published: 9/22/2007 - Complete
Reflections of the Enchantress by DallaLuna reviews
I knew that the enchantment would change him, but I never anticipated the metamorphasis that took place.' The enchantress who cast the spell realizes the man she loved is not the Beast before her. And the entire reason is the daughter of a poor merchant.
Fairy Tales - Rated: K+ - English - Drama - Chapters: 1 - Words: 3,120 - Reviews: 16 - Favs: 13 - Follows: 5 - Published: 10/14/2006
Entrapment by DallaLuna reviews
Nonromantic BatB. 'You have no reason to hate me,' I tell you, my fists balling of their own accord. 'You shouldn’t torture me as you do. It’s not fair. I cannot help what I feel, but you CAN. Tell me to leave. Release me. Please.'
Fairy Tales - Rated: K+ - English - Angst/Drama - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,927 - Reviews: 7 - Favs: 9 - Follows: 2 - Published: 8/30/2007 - Complete
Beauty's Journey by bookfaerie reviews
Beauty is mystified when she recieves rhymes and riddles before her birthday, and they continue afterwards. But bad luck is upon her family, and she must eventually submit to the mercy of her Beast. R&R, please.
Fairy Tales - Rated: K+ - English - Romance/Drama - Chapters: 1 - Words: 17,863 - Reviews: 2 - Favs: 1 - Follows: 3 - Published: 8/19/2007
Beauty and the Beast by deranged-insanity reviews
A beast's only hope lies to a lady named, Belle. But what if Belle isn't what she really is. What if Belle is another beast herself, more dangerous and gullible than Beast is? Find out.
Fairy Tales - Rated: K+ - English - Fantasy/Mystery - Chapters: 1 - Words: 2,952 - Reviews: 8 - Favs: 3 - Follows: 1 - Updated: 9/10/2007 - Published: 8/20/2007 - Complete
Embers by Answer reviews
"I don't know how much longer I can stand this." Beauty and the Beast.
Fairy Tales - Rated: K+ - English - Romance/Angst - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,095 - Reviews: 9 - Favs: 12 - Follows: 1 - Published: 8/13/2007 - Complete
Sequestration by Verboten Byacolate reviews
Both a little scared, neither one prepared. Beauty and the Beast. [Happy birthday, Ariel32!]
Fairy Tales - Rated: K+ - English - Romance/Drama - Chapters: 1 - Words: 536 - Reviews: 4 - Favs: 3 - Follows: 1 - Published: 7/26/2007 - Complete
The Reason Why by DallaLuna reviews
BatB: He did not for a moment have to wonder why. The reason was obvious to him. He imagined it was obvious to her, too. The Beast's thoughts and feelings as he sets Beauty free. R&R, please.
Fairy Tales - Rated: K+ - English - Drama/Angst - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,527 - Reviews: 5 - Favs: 3 - Follows: 2 - Published: 7/15/2007 - Complete
The Thorns Survive by DallaLuna reviews
The pretty blossom will shrivel up and die, but thorns are always there.' Princess Selene finds her parents' happily ever after prematurely over and is left to cope with the aftermath. BatB sequel of sorts.
Fairy Tales - Rated: K+ - English - Drama - Chapters: 1 - Words: 2,470 - Reviews: 5 - Favs: 1 - Follows: 4 - Published: 1/13/2007
Perdu by Rezzed Out reviews
Batb. All Jacques Donovan wanted was a happy family and a steady income. All Belle wanted was to keep her father alive. All he wanted was another chance at love. And no love would ever be as passionate as the love the Beast would feel for his beauty.
Fairy Tales - Rated: T - English - Romance/Suspense - Chapters: 2 - Words: 2,629 - Reviews: 12 - Favs: 2 - Follows: 7 - Updated: 6/18/2006 - Published: 5/2/2006
Stardust by Strawintogold reviews
Modern beauty and the beast . . . sorry if it's a little slow to start, but it'll get there.
Fairy Tales - Rated: K+ - English - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,048 - Reviews: 2 - Favs: 5 - Follows: 5 - Published: 1/23/2006
Rose of Frost by blacknotebook reviews
A take on Beauty and the Beast with a few twists along the road
Fairy Tales - Rated: K - English - Romance/Fantasy - Chapters: 2 - Words: 5,796 - Reviews: 21 - Favs: 4 - Follows: 2 - Published: 3/12/2002
Rose Hedges: Beauty's Tale by Aedyn Star reviews
I was the beauty. And it is here now that I will reveal the truth to you. Because you see, the truth is much more powerful than any fairy or curse. Beauty and the Beast retold.
Fairy Tales - Rated: K+ - English - Chapters: 3 - Words: 1,543 - Reviews: 27 - Favs: 8 - Follows: 12 - Updated: 6/17/2006 - Published: 7/13/2005
Raven in the Fog by KuraiShinzo reviews
Kalendrakk:Born evil, he has been wanted dead since he drew his first breath. Nearing his twentieth birthday, his only ambition is to kill. Alison Destra:Born into royalty, the Princess knows nothing of Kalendrakk..or what she has to do with his fate.
Fairy Tales - Rated: T - English - Adventure/Fantasy - Chapters: 38 - Words: 99,268 - Reviews: 273 - Favs: 75 - Follows: 28 - Updated: 6/25/2007 - Published: 8/13/2006 - Complete
Point of No Return by JainaSolo18 reviews
I hate you,' I spat, my voice deathly calm. A modern retelling of Beauty and the Beast. Rated for language. Please R&R.
Fairy Tales - Rated: T - English - Romance/Drama - Chapters: 2 - Words: 4,176 - Reviews: 9 - Favs: 13 - Follows: 2 - Published: 12/22/2005 - Complete
Once Upon A Time by tsukiryoushi reviews
We all know the old stories... Beauty and The Beast, The Little Mermaid, The Snow Queen... but what we don't realize, is that all these tales came from one story... this is the true tale, behind the fairy tales.
Fairy Tales - Rated: T - English - Drama/Fantasy - Chapters: 3 - Words: 7,774 - Reviews: 20 - Favs: 13 - Follows: 10 - Updated: 3/13/2007 - Published: 2/25/2007
My Beauty, My Beast by Kates reviews
Imagine...a prince under the curse of an evil wizard, a maiden who is his only hope, and a fate destined to become reality, in a world where nothing is impossible... Finished!
Fairy Tales - Rated: K+ - English - Romance/Angst - Chapters: 22 - Words: 84,272 - Reviews: 114 - Favs: 130 - Follows: 13 - Updated: 1/4/2003 - Published: 12/5/2002 - Complete
Little Broomstick by summer-sara88 reviews
Beauty's father steals a rose from the Beast, and now has to pay the price. But to save his daughter, he sends another. What if the Beast falls in love with the wrong girl?
Fairy Tales - Rated: K - English - Romance/Fantasy - Chapters: 10 - Words: 12,287 - Reviews: 73 - Favs: 38 - Follows: 22 - Updated: 9/29/2007 - Published: 3/25/2006 - Complete
Just a Rose by Tzoa reviews
BatB retelling. The beast was never cruel, and never put under a spell as means of punishment. He was cursed by a witch who haunts him to this day, using him to get what she wants. But her next victim might be the key to breaking the beast's curse.
Fairy Tales - Rated: T - English - Romance/Drama - Chapters: 18 - Words: 89,272 - Reviews: 91 - Favs: 25 - Follows: 22 - Updated: 12/30/2007 - Published: 9/26/2005
Ivy and Roses by fufie reviews
Summer, a maid in an enchanted castle, falls in love with the man who comes to break the castle's spell. (beauty and the beast retelling)
Fairy Tales - Rated: K - English - Romance - Chapters: 11 - Words: 31,078 - Reviews: 64 - Favs: 12 - Follows: 5 - Updated: 2/21/2003 - Published: 2/1/2002
Breaking the Ice by Song of Calandra reviews
A modern Beauty and the Beast. Lily is a shy and lonely girl, intimidated by her project partner Max.
Fairy Tales - Rated: T - English - Angst/Romance - Chapters: 9 - Words: 8,642 - Reviews: 88 - Favs: 25 - Follows: 21 - Updated: 4/27/2005 - Published: 5/5/2004
Beautiful Monster by LiKARU-chan reviews
The claws were long and tapered to a threatening point, but the gleam in the monstrous yellow eyes was so very, seductively human. A RETELLING OF BEAUTY & THE BEAST WHERE THE BEAST COULD VERY WELL BE BEASTLY.
Fairy Tales - Rated: T - English - Romance/Drama - Chapters: 2 - Words: 4,447 - Reviews: 20 - Favs: 5 - Follows: 11 - Updated: 12/13/2005 - Published: 11/22/2005
Beautiful by Recipe reviews
She needed to redeem her father's mistake for her mother's dying wish. He needed to discover his true history behind the throne admist deceit. Dig deeper. Play the other character. Turn around, dance in the shadows. Maybe some riddles don't have answers.
Fairy Tales - Rated: K+ - English - Romance/Drama - Chapters: 5 - Words: 24,127 - Reviews: 94 - Favs: 36 - Follows: 47 - Updated: 11/24/2007 - Published: 1/24/2007
38 | Page 1 2 Next »