Home Community Books Fairy Tales Best Fairy Tales on FanFiction
Best Fairy Tales on FanFiction
Follow .
Focus: Books Fairy Tales, Since: 11-07-04
Founder: Aedyn Star - Stories: 24 - Followers: 8 - Staff: 5 - id: 7587
Praise of great fairy tale stories written by people here are fanfiction.net. Share your favorite authors and stories.

The Story Hands by Delia Anole reviews
It all started with a meeting... Adele planned on a normal life, she wasn't an important girl. Until the day she met a prisoner who taught her a powerful skill. Now she possesses an extraordinary gift, one that she didn't want. Can she cope with it?
Fairy Tales - Rated: T - English - Fantasy/Drama - Chapters: 13 - Words: 25,938 - Reviews: 48 - Favs: 6 - Follows: 9 - Updated: 7/29/2011 - Published: 7/22/2010
Dragonfly Prince by Mockingbyrd's Tune reviews
Pixie Tale. Being curious has its disadvantages. Now Casey's in a place inhabited by pixies, catering to a hungry dragon; and it seems all the other humans are savages. Except for Ivan… the bossy, volatile guy with no intention of helping her get home.
Fairy Tales - Rated: K+ - English - Fantasy/Adventure - Chapters: 71 - Words: 148,269 - Reviews: 459 - Favs: 56 - Follows: 54 - Updated: 3/25/2011 - Published: 10/8/2009
Ways to Skin a Cat by EvenSong reviews
I was not a good daughter. At least, according to my father, I wasn’t. I wasn’t a good daughter simply because I wasn’t a son. It wasn’t my mother’s fault, of course, that I wasn’t a boy, it was my fault. I had been the one who refused to be a boy.
Fairy Tales - Rated: T - English - Romance/Adventure - Chapters: 38 - Words: 92,845 - Reviews: 377 - Favs: 96 - Follows: 79 - Updated: 11/24/2009 - Published: 2/26/2006
Catch Me by EvenSong reviews
Complete! Elensar is a Princess who has been kidnapped by the dashing King of Delran, at the behest of her oldest sister, no less. Through her cynicism and dry wit, she tells her story, which is based off the Twelve Dancing Princess.
Fairy Tales - Rated: T - English - Adventure/Romance - Chapters: 33 - Words: 100,823 - Reviews: 432 - Favs: 165 - Follows: 27 - Updated: 8/26/2005 - Published: 6/11/2004 - Complete
Discovering the Sea by GypsyDream reviews
Sage was the daughter of port Majesty’s proud Commodore. She was expected to be a lady, but she wanted to be free. A story of adventure, of finding your way in the world and of true friend ship and love.
Fairy Tales - Rated: T - English - Adventure - Chapters: 25 - Words: 62,590 - Reviews: 76 - Favs: 27 - Follows: 19 - Updated: 4/12/2011 - Published: 5/14/2007
Dancing by FaylinnNorse reviews
It was complicated. I was in love with him. He loved me too, at least for a while. But we both knew it could never work out. He was a prince, and I was a servant. A sad version of Cinderella
Fairy Tales - Rated: K - English - Drama/Romance - Chapters: 1 - Words: 2,633 - Reviews: 20 - Favs: 16 - Published: 1/13/2007 - Complete
The Christmas Bluebird by Backroads reviews
What chance does a poor carpenter have to win the hand of a princess? My retelling of the holiday story.
Fairy Tales - Rated: K - English - Romance - Chapters: 6 - Words: 9,824 - Reviews: 60 - Favs: 30 - Follows: 3 - Updated: 12/25/2006 - Published: 12/16/2006 - Complete
Of Ribbons, Princes, and Fairy Tale Endings by DallaLuna reviews
A downtrodden and unsuspecting Cinderella meets her Prince Charming... and doesn’t even know it. An insight into the mind of the often onedimensional heroine. Hopefully a departure from the ‘Everything is peachy even though my stepmother is a slavedriver’
Fairy Tales - Rated: K - English - Drama - Chapters: 1 - Words: 4,007 - Reviews: 15 - Favs: 33 - Follows: 7 - Published: 8/12/2006 - Complete
Of All the Girls in the World by Melika Elena reviews
A desperate monarch makes a pact with another king that will one day force him to give his headstrong daughter to the king's harsh son. Within the castle walls lay many secrets, including a deadly curse. Let the fairytale begin. COMPLETE!
Fairy Tales - Rated: T - English - Romance/Drama - Chapters: 23 - Words: 61,241 - Reviews: 645 - Favs: 448 - Follows: 227 - Updated: 7/18/2010 - Published: 2/22/2006 - Complete
Broken Slipper by Backroads reviews
An alternate ending to Cinderella: What is a single ball worth?
Fairy Tales - Rated: K+ - English - Drama/Angst - Chapters: 1 - Words: 457 - Reviews: 89 - Favs: 50 - Follows: 6 - Published: 1/4/2003 - Complete
Eva's Roses by Damian reviews
This is a retelling of Beauty and the Beast, based on a very interesting premise. The Beast is a girl and Beauty is male. And the enchantress isn't quite what anyone expects, least of all the Beast herself.
Fairy Tales - Rated: K - English - Romance/Drama - Chapters: 1 - Words: 9,558 - Reviews: 33 - Favs: 55 - Follows: 3 - Published: 9/21/2003 - Complete
A Place with No Mirrors by Phillippa of the Phoenix reviews
A girl hides herself away in an enchanted castle. A man knows every story there is to tell. A beast who is not quite a man is coming home. A family is falling apart. Beauty and the Beast gets the poetic treatment.
Fairy Tales - Rated: K+ - English - Poetry/Drama - Chapters: 19 - Words: 4,991 - Reviews: 55 - Favs: 6 - Follows: 3 - Updated: 1/24/2008 - Published: 3/30/2005
Morena's Rise by Abbeygirl06 reviews
Very loosely based on Cinderella. Morena, a poor maid is given music lessons by a great, wealthy musician who thinks she has talent. Despite the difference in their social classes the two become very close and face challenge after challenge. PLEASE R&R
Fairy Tales - Rated: K+ - English - Romance/Drama - Chapters: 19 - Words: 49,842 - Reviews: 138 - Favs: 38 - Follows: 41 - Updated: 8/21/2007 - Published: 9/2/2004
Arabian Nights by Aedyn Star reviews
Amira is stolen in order for a sorceress to complete a curse of revenge, and must overcome to save herself and all that she loves. Arabian Nights/Twelve Dancing Princesses retelling.
Fairy Tales - Rated: K+ - English - Adventure/Romance - Chapters: 15 - Words: 22,590 - Reviews: 82 - Favs: 10 - Follows: 7 - Updated: 1/1/2006 - Published: 7/6/2005
Of Tail Fins and Seaweed Tails by snazy piranha reviews
I sit here alone and defenseless, stuck here for ever, in this forbidden cave covered in rotten seaweed and broken dreams. Who am I? You know me as the Sea Witch, villain from the little mermaid. Well, things didn't go quite the way you think they did...C
Fairy Tales - Rated: T - English - Drama/Tragedy - Chapters: 5 - Words: 5,426 - Reviews: 43 - Favs: 6 - Follows: 4 - Updated: 7/31/2004 - Published: 4/23/2004
Damsels, Inc by NightIntent reviews
You know the story. A damsel in distress rescued by... another damsel? Wait, what went wrong there? A collection of fairy tales based on Damsels, Inc., which meddles and interferes as a way of life.
Fairy Tales - Rated: T - English - Fantasy/Humor - Chapters: 30 - Words: 41,657 - Reviews: 104 - Favs: 14 - Follows: 9 - Updated: 8/24/2008 - Published: 1/16/2005
Roses Red by Glitterpoison reviews
Aurelia is the youngest Princess of Dyrria and has always known her destiny was to marry a man and bring alliances to Dyrria. After an engagement to a dangerous and evil man, she runs away and learns her true destiny...chapter ten...read and review!
Fairy Tales - Rated: T - English - Romance/Adventure - Chapters: 10 - Words: 20,969 - Reviews: 53 - Favs: 9 - Follows: 8 - Updated: 7/23/2006 - Published: 11/28/2004
Search for Robin by shiara the witch reviews
I love fairy tales, and decided to write one of my own. Princess Ria it the last of 12 royal children, and the most eccentric. In order to save her best friend, and get out of an arranged marriage, she must go on a quest to defeat the sorceress.
Fairy Tales - Rated: K - English - Fantasy/Romance - Chapters: 1 - Words: 3,917 - Reviews: 13 - Favs: 3 - Published: 3/8/2003
Dance of the Flying Swans by maskedcat reviews
Swan Lake...... retold. Odette really has some depth, Rothbart has a motive, and everything has a reason
Fairy Tales - Rated: T - English - Fantasy/Romance - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,810 - Reviews: 13 - Favs: 4 - Follows: 2 - Published: 5/26/2004
Aleida: A Sleeping Beauty Retelling by singinstrawberri reviews
Aleida is the true daughter the king & queen. Not knowing the future meant for her is given to someone else, Aleida struggles to find hope and beauty in the world. Her tale is interwoven with the point of views of her mother, and the "witch".
Fairy Tales - Rated: K - English - Romance/Adventure - Chapters: 3 - Words: 4,845 - Reviews: 13 - Favs: 2 - Updated: 9/3/2004 - Published: 8/19/2004
A Blackened Rose by snazy piranha reviews
We all cherish fairy tales. Yet behind every story is another story. Maybe not one so entertaining, but it is still there. Yet it has been trampled by lies and deceit. The story of Snow White is full of it. Listen now to my story. The truth, not the lies.
Fairy Tales - Rated: K+ - English - Drama/Tragedy - Chapters: 3 - Words: 1,962 - Reviews: 29 - Favs: 3 - Follows: 3 - Updated: 5/8/2004 - Published: 4/18/2004
Dancing with Demons by Me Acorn and Somtimes Banana reviews
How did I become caught up in demons and slippers and twelve dancing princesses? I'm not sure...
Fairy Tales - Rated: T - English - Adventure/Romance - Chapters: 6 - Words: 5,955 - Reviews: 60 - Favs: 13 - Follows: 3 - Updated: 2/28/2004 - Published: 1/6/2004
Once Upon A Psychologist by SunGold16 reviews
Prince Charming needs Prozac, Cinderella's OCD, the Seven Dwarfs have something to confess, the Big Bad Wolf just wants to express himself...and Dr. Daniel Higgenbotham is stuck counseling them...for the Brother's Grimm Fairy Tale Mafia.
Fairy Tales - Rated: K+ - English - Humor - Chapters: 11 - Words: 14,489 - Reviews: 103 - Favs: 54 - Follows: 5 - Updated: 7/12/2004 - Published: 2/18/2004 - Complete
Spindles and Roses by SunGold16 reviews
A queen on the verge of insanity, a wizard concealing his true identity, a witch hungry for revenge, a stable boy whose past is shrouded in mystery, and a young girl who must prevent the destruction of her kingdom. Sleeping Beauty, retold.
Fairy Tales - Rated: K+ - English - Romance/Fantasy - Chapters: 15 - Words: 26,287 - Reviews: 89 - Favs: 36 - Follows: 4 - Updated: 2/17/2004 - Published: 1/2/2004 - Complete