Home Community Books Fairy Tales But I Grow Old Among Dreams
But I Grow Old Among Dreams
Follow .
Focus: Books Fairy Tales, Since: 01-17-09
Founder: Clar the Pirate - Stories: 23 - Followers: 0 - id: 66207
For Sleeping Beauties (and the occasional other deep sleeper).

Flowers and a Sleeping Beauty by sivvussa reviews
Rewrite of "Sleeping Beauty" in the style of Angela Carter. The story of a woman who had no name, no past, and no future, but spent all her days in a garden without colours.
Fairy Tales - Rated: K+ - English - Fantasy/Tragedy - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,162 - Reviews: 3 - Favs: 3 - Published: 7/4/2009 - Complete
All that we See or Seem by FaylinnNorse reviews
The dawn didn't last long, but somehow, she would. Sleeping Beauty. Oneshot.
Fairy Tales - Rated: K+ - English - Romance - Chapters: 1 - Words: 4,038 - Reviews: 12 - Favs: 9 - Published: 3/3/2009 - Complete
Snapshots from a Rose Garden by claudiastar reviews
Three short vignettes updating three well known fairy tales. Oneshot, reviews appreciated
Fairy Tales - Rated: K+ - English - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,587 - Reviews: 7 - Favs: 10 - Published: 3/2/2009 - Complete
Beauty Sleep by Zenilia Poe reviews
Modernization of Sleeping Beauty. A very practical and lonly girl learns that her birth was not all she thought it to be. She is a princess. And, what are the birthrights of a princess? Power, riches, love, and magic, but ... death?
Fairy Tales - Rated: T - English - Fantasy/Romance - Chapters: 3 - Words: 2,348 - Reviews: 3 - Favs: 2 - Follows: 1 - Updated: 12/13/2004 - Published: 12/11/2004
Sleep Tight by ArbitraryOrange reviews
Snow White sleeps and wishes things were different.
Fairy Tales - Rated: T - English - Angst - Chapters: 1 - Words: 267 - Reviews: 6 - Favs: 1 - Published: 3/16/2004
Sleeping Beauty by SweetDeamon reviews
A Gothic Horror short story in the style of Angela Carter. I wrote this for AS coursework, and yes I am aware that it is weird, but I was given an A and decided what the hell, I'll post it! WARNING - You may never eat strawberry jam again!
Fairy Tales - Rated: T - English - Spiritual/Horror - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,200 - Reviews: 3 - Favs: 2 - Published: 6/2/2008 - Complete
Forever in a day by cheerio-ninja reviews
More Sleeping Beauty type stuff. Based on the prince.
Fairy Tales - Rated: K - English - Tragedy - Chapters: 1 - Words: 186 - Reviews: 3 - Published: 7/28/2007 - Complete
After a Hundred Years by FaylinnNorse reviews
When I woke up I was all alone. There was no prince to kiss me awake and ride off with me into the sunset. A hundred years is a long time. [Sleeping Beauty oneshot]
Fairy Tales - Rated: K - English - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,758 - Reviews: 5 - Favs: 7 - Published: 6/18/2007 - Complete
Barefoot by Sirenic Griffin reviews
A man destined to become the finest Emperor of Alacia is forced by both his father and destiny to choose his wife at a ball and meets a soulmate. [Traditional Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty]
Fairy Tales - Rated: K - English - Romance/Family - Chapters: 1 - Words: 2,885 - Reviews: 11 - Favs: 14 - Follows: 2 - Published: 7/7/2007 - Complete
Sleep poemsa reworking of Sleeping Beauty by Gigi the Dancer reviews
Based in my own life, as I try to deal with a sleep disorder. I claim an affinity with the poor Princess who slept for a hundred years. Sometimes I wonder what it was like? Did she finally feel rested? I muse on these questions and others.
Fairy Tales - Rated: K - English - Poetry - Chapters: 2 - Words: 870 - Reviews: 2 - Favs: 1 - Follows: 1 - Updated: 12/17/2007 - Published: 12/10/2007
The Christening by Aedyn Star reviews
Poem describing the cursing of the young Aurora by the dark fairy Carabosse. Epic poem.
Fairy Tales - Rated: K+ - English - Fantasy - Chapters: 1 - Words: 784 - Reviews: 5 - Favs: 1 - Published: 11/25/2004 - Complete
Beyond closed eyes by laurashrub reviews
She lies in a coma, the victim of a hit and run. But someone's life is about to change, all because of her. (Sleeping Beauty type story. Please R&R)
Fairy Tales - Rated: K - English - Mystery/Romance - Chapters: 2 - Words: 2,926 - Reviews: 11 - Follows: 2 - Updated: 6/17/2005 - Published: 2/5/2005
Awakenings by Giedre reviews
[Sleeping Beauty] A twisted little vignette I wrote on a dark and stormy night. Rated for... imagery?
Fairy Tales - Rated: T - English - Angst/Tragedy - Chapters: 1 - Words: 937 - Reviews: 11 - Favs: 5 - Follows: 1 - Published: 7/9/2005
What's to Come by Tiarna Bronach reviews
Sleeping Beauty's dreams of a handsome young prince are interrupted by a mean old hag, who shows her the disenchanting truth of both her past and her future. Based on Charles Perrault's A Sleeping Beauty in the Wood.
Fairy Tales - Rated: T - English - Fantasy/Romance - Chapters: 1 - Words: 3,729 - Reviews: 9 - Favs: 11 - Published: 9/11/2005
Meek by Rasielle reviews
She didn’t think she’d have the strength to do it. He called her Sleeping Beauty, after all. But as she gripped the knife and listened to the taunting... Oneshot, rather short and deliciously morbid.
Fairy Tales - Rated: K+ - English - Angst - Chapters: 1 - Words: 979 - Reviews: 13 - Favs: 2 - Follows: 3 - Published: 10/29/2005 - Complete
Mining For Beauty by Chocolate Herrings reviews
A fairy tale that's been unearthed. Be forewarned, it's a dark tale.
Fairy Tales - Rated: T - English - Horror - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,906 - Reviews: 9 - Favs: 7 - Published: 8/19/2006 - Complete
Beauty Asleep by Hermione W. Cullen reviews
Sleeping Beauty told in verse. I like to think it's clever; if nothing else, it's too short not to take a look at.
Fairy Tales - Rated: K+ - English - Chapters: 6 - Words: 1,275 - Reviews: 11 - Favs: 1 - Follows: 2 - Updated: 8/20/2008 - Published: 8/11/2008 - Complete
Waking Beauty by Mad Poetess reviews
Just a little take on being woken with a kiss... (Yup. Me. Het romance. Who knew. Granted it was written a few years ago.)
Fairy Tales - Rated: K - English - Poetry - Chapters: 1 - Words: 191 - Reviews: 2 - Published: 7/25/2001
Sleepy by Mad Poetess reviews
Another 'Sleeping Beauty' thought, engendered by my love of cotton sheets and very possibly my desperate need for a nap at the time of writing. Much like now.
Fairy Tales - Rated: K - English - Chapters: 1 - Words: 265 - Reviews: 4 - Published: 7/25/2001
To Sleep and Dream by Abbykat reviews
A retelling of Sleeping Beauty in which the heroine has a hand in her own rescue. I got so tired of all those helpless princesses...
Fairy Tales - Rated: K - English - Fantasy/Romance - Chapters: 1 - Words: 2,721 - Reviews: 48 - Favs: 31 - Follows: 3 - Published: 5/12/2001 - Complete