Home Community Games Final Fantasy I-VI By Light and Darkness Cast Aloft
By Light and Darkness Cast Aloft
Follow .
Focus: Games Final Fantasy I-VI, Since: 05-18-12
Founder: mythweaver1 - Stories: 282 - Followers: 0 - Staff: 1 - id: 100284
A home for the fics of FFIV. As of 5/31, all 97 pages of the I-VI archive have been scoured. Most, and I emphasize, most, stories have been added to this community. You will not find slash/yaoi, poetry, songfic, or M rated material here (unless a few snuck in). This community is for general audiences. Actively updating.

As Ashes Fall by PapaRayRay reviews
Emotional scenes from Final Fantasy IV that should have been, but weren't. Rated T for graphic violence.
Final Fantasy I-VI - Rated: T - English - Drama/Hurt/Comfort - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,773 - Reviews: 1 - Follows: 2 - Published: 11/30/2013 - Cecil
For Want of a Paladin by Azecreth reviews
After the destruction of Mist, Kain finds himself thrown into the journey meant for a Dark Knight. Joined by others swept up in the rising tide of tyranny and warfare, the fight to save the world from the forces of darkness has begun. Meanwhile, Cecil must confront what his Kingdom has become, and decide where his true loyalties lie. A FFIV AU
Final Fantasy I-VI - Rated: T - English - Adventure/Fantasy - Chapters: 8 - Words: 46,290 - Reviews: 41 - Favs: 23 - Follows: 25 - Updated: 2/10 - Published: 11/21/2013 - Kain, Rydia, Cecil, Rosa
My Side of the Mountain by mythweaver1 reviews
FFIV. Seventeen years is a long time to contemplate one's existence. It's even longer when you have to spend it by yourself. A Kain story.
Final Fantasy I-VI - Rated: K+ - English - Humor - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,853 - Reviews: 9 - Favs: 15 - Follows: 1 - Published: 7/23/2013 - Kain - Complete
Sleeping Arrangements by iflip4dolphins reviews
He is the solution to her insomnia. She is the answer to his nightmares. Edge/Rydia
Final Fantasy I-VI - Rated: K+ - English - Hurt/Comfort/Romance - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,119 - Reviews: 7 - Favs: 13 - Published: 7/27/2013 - Edge, Rydia - Complete
To the Dark Side of the Moon by Freida Right reviews
-FFIV-post game-not TAY- They say that you will never know who you are, until you know who your father is. Palom and Porom have spent their lives looking for their father, without success. When all hope of finding him seems most lost, another fatherless soul, all the way from the moon, leads them to the last answer they had ever expected... And to the father they always hoped for.
Final Fantasy I-VI - Rated: T - English - Adventure/Family - Chapters: 12 - Words: 87,102 - Reviews: 32 - Favs: 3 - Follows: 1 - Updated: 6/1/2014 - Published: 8/4/2013 - Palom, Porom
A Place to Belong by Brightcrest reviews
-FF IV- Everyone needs somewhere to belong. Sometimes you're born where you're meant to be. Other times you don't find it until much later. Edge/Rydia
Final Fantasy I-VI - Rated: T - English - Romance/Friendship - Chapters: 7 - Words: 10,549 - Reviews: 16 - Favs: 4 - Follows: 4 - Updated: 9/9/2013 - Published: 8/11/2013 - Edge, Rydia - Complete
Almost by shatteredjewels reviews
They're on the brink of something, but they're not there quite yet. FFIV, EdgexRydia.
Final Fantasy I-VI - Rated: T - English - Romance/Drama - Chapters: 3 - Words: 21,678 - Reviews: 23 - Favs: 14 - Follows: 22 - Updated: 5/26 - Published: 8/19/2013 - Edge, Rydia
Needing by iflip4dolphins reviews
He says she needs this. Obviously he's wrong.
Final Fantasy I-VI - Rated: K - English - Hurt/Comfort - Chapters: 1 - Words: 549 - Reviews: 3 - Favs: 1 - Published: 7/22/2013 - Edge, Rydia - Complete
Human Error by TheMoonclaw reviews
Everyone had human error. Just because something was a human reaction, didn't make it the right reaction. Cuore learns this first hand. (Lost and Found 'Verse, post story, spoilers)
Final Fantasy I-VI - Rated: T - English - Romance - Chapters: 1 - Words: 2,107 - Reviews: 5 - Favs: 1 - Published: 7/20/2013 - Cuore - Complete
Stardust by TheMoonclaw reviews
"I do not understand your primitive pictographs." Cuore informed them, frowning. - Fluffy family story, read at your own risk!
Final Fantasy I-VI - Rated: K+ - English - Family - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,495 - Reviews: 9 - Favs: 5 - Published: 7/16/2013 - Cuore - Complete
My Brother's Keeper by TheMoonclaw reviews
Whoever was foolish enough to kidnap her brother was in for a rude awakening...after all, nothing was allowed to hurt Cuore's family. Nothing. Post TAY; Post Lost and Found. (Follows same 'verse) Multi-chaptered. COMPLETE!
Final Fantasy I-VI - Rated: T - English - Adventure/Mystery - Chapters: 12 - Words: 117,273 - Reviews: 83 - Favs: 8 - Follows: 4 - Updated: 8/23/2013 - Published: 5/31/2013 - Cuore, OC - Complete
Rosa's Big Bag O' Fun by Freida Right reviews
Rosa, the twins, a bunch of small children, and several jars of glitter. It's a sure recipe for disaster... But maybe, not so much so. For the By Darkness And Light Cast Aloft community's Spring Fic-A-Thon.
Final Fantasy I-VI - Rated: K - English - Humor - Chapters: 1 - Words: 3,176 - Reviews: 5 - Favs: 1 - Published: 5/20/2013 - Rosa, Palom, Porom - Complete
Sleeping Habits by TheMoonclaw reviews
"I know nightmares can be scary, but you know they can't hurt you." - Fluffy story! I guess for the spring-fic-a-thon?
Final Fantasy I-VI - Rated: K+ - English - Family - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,775 - Reviews: 3 - Favs: 10 - Published: 5/18/2013 - Edge, Rydia, Cuore - Complete
Turning Wheel by Larkabel reviews
An exploration of the lives led by Cecil, Rosa, and Kain leading up to the events of the game. What trials did this unlikely trio face prior to facing the biggest trial of all – saving the world? And what brought them together in the first place... and drove them apart? / FFIV
Final Fantasy I-VI - Rated: T - English - Friendship - Chapters: 1 - Words: 2,936 - Reviews: 2 - Favs: 2 - Follows: 4 - Published: 4/24/2013 - Cecil, Kain, Rosa
Wartorn by Dracorum reviews
FFIV. A series of scrolls written by the prince of Eblan about his battles and struggles, leading up to the fight to save the world and after it. Somewhat related to Cat and Boy. In-game and Post-game.
Final Fantasy I-VI - Rated: T - English - Drama/Hurt/Comfort - Chapters: 6 - Words: 6,274 - Reviews: 4 - Favs: 1 - Follows: 4 - Updated: 10/6/2014 - Published: 5/17/2013 - Edge
My Girlfriend's Parents Are Monsters and That's Okay by Laziness Incarnate reviews
Edge meets Asura and Leviathan for the first time. They're weird, but that's okay. At least Rydia still has parents. Oh, and Cecil and Kain have major daddy issues.
Final Fantasy I-VI - Rated: K - English - Humor/Romance - Chapters: 1 - Words: 4,597 - Reviews: 6 - Favs: 14 - Published: 3/13/2013 - Edge, Rydia
Change of Heart by TheMoonclaw reviews
He hates hearing what they call her. He wanted to tell them to stop, to make threats or even take action in a forceful way to silence them. But, it wasn't really his place.
Final Fantasy I-VI - Rated: K+ - English - Hurt/Comfort/Angst - Chapters: 2 - Words: 1,121 - Reviews: 9 - Favs: 2 - Updated: 3/20/2013 - Published: 3/19/2013 - Complete
Cat and Boy by Dracorum reviews
FFIV. There's a cat prowling Eblan Castle. Nobody pays attention to a cat. But you have probably seen it before, years and years ago. It still looks strangely the same. You gaze into the odd eyes. You can't seem to be able to get rid of the feeling that it knows more about life than any cat ought to. Pre-game. Spring fic-a-thon entry.
Final Fantasy I-VI - Rated: K+ - English - Friendship - Chapters: 1 - Words: 3,942 - Reviews: 2 - Favs: 3 - Published: 4/3/2013 - Edge - Complete
Never Stop Breathing by Freida Right reviews
Edward has to travel to Mysidia, to have his tonsils removed. When the twins try to calm him, they kind of only make things worse. However, surgery may not be the big deal the spoony one was expecting...
Final Fantasy I-VI - Rated: K - English - Hurt/Comfort/Friendship - Chapters: 1 - Words: 4,311 - Reviews: 2 - Favs: 1 - Published: 4/29/2013 - Edward, Palom, Porom - Complete
It's Complicated by TheMoonclaw reviews
And it is. This is a collection of mostly unrelated one-shots. Have fun!
Final Fantasy I-VI - Rated: T - English - Humor/Romance - Chapters: 14 - Words: 17,201 - Reviews: 58 - Favs: 8 - Follows: 8 - Updated: 12/21/2014 - Published: 3/18/2013 - Kain, Izayoi
Drawer Space by mythweaver1 reviews
FFIV. POST TAY. NON-CANNON. Izayoi and Kain are excellent at defining a great many things...but not what they are to each other.
Final Fantasy I-VI - Rated: T - English - Humor/Romance - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,388 - Reviews: 7 - Favs: 1 - Published: 5/6/2013 - Izayoi, Kain - Complete
IV LOL by TheMoonclaw reviews
Another LOL story! A funny take on some random scenes from the game. Rated to be on the safe side.
Final Fantasy I-VI - Rated: T - English - Humor - Chapters: 30 - Words: 6,665 - Reviews: 174 - Favs: 16 - Follows: 19 - Updated: 10/31/2014 - Published: 5/8/2013
Step One: Admitting You Have a Problem by mythweaver1 reviews
FFIV. Post-TAY. Non cannon. Every secret has a way of being found out...KainxIzayoi.
Final Fantasy I-VI - Rated: T - English - Humor - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,944 - Reviews: 6 - Favs: 4 - Published: 5/13/2013 - Izayoi, Kain - Complete
Middle Management by mythweaver1 reviews
FFIV. Post TAY. The middle management can only be pushed so far. Over drinks, they commiserate...and bond. After all, misery loves company, right? Kain, Izayoi, Harley.
Final Fantasy I-VI - Rated: T - English - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,538 - Reviews: 4 - Published: 5/15/2013 - Izayoi, Kain
Fireflies by TheMoonclaw reviews
Cuore sat up slowly, obviously captivated and then exclaimed, "Bioluminescence!" - This is fluff, pure and simple. (Follows Lost and Found 'verse, also contains minor spoilers for said 'verse and story...)
Final Fantasy I-VI - Rated: T - English - Romance - Chapters: 1 - Words: 2,268 - Reviews: 7 - Favs: 3 - Published: 3/6/2013 - Cuore - Complete
282 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »