Home Community Games Harvest Moon Deeper, Harder, Better
Deeper, Harder, Better
Follow .
Focus: Games Harvest Moon, Since: 09-18-07
Founder: Kuneko - Stories: 21 - Followers: 7 - id: 50702
A Community for the other side of Harvest Moon romance; the fics that manage to avoid being 100% fluff and tackle romance with more realism, grit, and ingenuity. For those who know love isn't black and white, but comes in innumerable shades. Come on in and you might just feel something.

How Stars Are Born by Mnema reviews
Love; the concept is inherently perfect, shamed only by the imperfect rules of this world. A one-shot that I hope to one day make into a longer story. Or maybe it's fine like this, I don't know.
Harvest Moon - Rated: T - English - Romance/Spiritual - Chapters: 1 - Words: 2,739 - Reviews: 4 - Favs: 4 - Published: 1/15 - Lilia - Complete
A Boy Who Can't Let Go by Halidom reviews
On a dreary spring morning, Rick's train of thought brings him to the women he loves, and the things he loves about them. Rated T for language.
Harvest Moon - Rated: T - English - Angst - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,315 - Reviews: 3 - Favs: 3 - Follows: 1 - Published: 11/11/2014 - Rick, Karen, Popuri, Lilia - Complete
Distancing by Kuneko reviews
Popuri has a thing for men who leave. After all, it's all she's ever known. BTN/FoMT/MFoMT Oneshot.
Harvest Moon - Rated: K+ - English - Angst - Chapters: 1 - Words: 886 - Reviews: 5 - Favs: 2 - Published: 12/7/2014 - Popuri, Denny - Complete
One Day Off by Kuneko reviews
"Women like that think they deserve the moon, and they'll shout and yell and cry until they get it." - Selena gets the date of the Moon Festival wrong; her frustration will at least provide an evening's entertainment for Chase. [Chase/Selena, Animal Parade Oneshot.]
Harvest Moon - Rated: T - English - Humor/Romance - Chapters: 1 - Words: 2,163 - Reviews: 4 - Favs: 2 - Published: 12/9/2014 - Chase, Selena - Complete
Quiet Tenderness by Lilybud the Storyteller reviews
He was the old bachelor who had long since given up on the dream of romance. She was the young woman who had been foisted with the truth that hearts burned more than they warmed. When these opposites are ready to give up on love, they learn that love can be sown from the softest of words, the subtlest of gestures, and the tenderness of two hearts slowly, quietly, knitting together.
Harvest Moon - Rated: K+ - English - Romance/Friendship - Chapters: 2 - Words: 1,792 - Reviews: 5 - Favs: 3 - Follows: 5 - Updated: 3/1 - Published: 10/9/2014 - [Griffin, Muffy]
Influence, Influent by Singkatsu reviews
"She would give up on Gill, for Luna's sake." Luna/Gill, One-sided Candace/Gill and one-sided Julius/Candace
Harvest Moon - Rated: K+ - English - Angst - Chapters: 1 - Words: 3,719 - Reviews: 9 - Favs: 6 - Published: 7/19/2012 - Candace, Gill - Complete
Unsung Songs of Summer by Kuneko reviews
"You're like a couple of kids," I scoffed. "Kids have the most fun," she remarked, "I don't think I mind. I like fun." - Chase moves in to Sundae Inn. Chase meets Selena. Chase does not like Selena. No, really, he doesn't like her. Not even a bit. Not at all. Why are you looking at me like that? I'm just telling you the truth. Chase/Selena, Luke/Selena. And a healthy dose of snark.
Harvest Moon - Rated: T - English - Romance - Chapters: 1 - Words: 5,890 - Reviews: 9 - Favs: 11 - Follows: 1 - Published: 7/20/2012 - Chase, Selena - Complete
You're So Last Summer by lemonsdarling reviews
"I bet you paid my bill, didn't you?" She snorts. "Lush." Whether she's referring to herself or Rick, she doesn't clarify. Rick doesn't ask. Sometimes things aren't so straightforward. FoMT, Karen/Rick.
Harvest Moon - Rated: T - English - Drama/Angst - Chapters: 1 - Words: 569 - Reviews: 2 - Favs: 1 - Follows: 1 - Published: 12/5/2010 - Karen, Rick - Complete
Words to live by by Singkatsu reviews
"No strings, no emotions, just fun," It was a personal mantra, one he'd busted out on several party nights and pick-up schemes. Dan/Carl. Slash. Sequel to Calm Down and Cherub Faces.
Harvest Moon - Rated: K+ - English - Romance - Chapters: 1 - Words: 2,435 - Reviews: 2 - Favs: 1 - Published: 8/17/2012 - Carl, Dan - Complete
Beautiful by Ekoaleko reviews
I’ll admit: the female society can be a bit shallow. But what can we say? If you’re going to wake up to someone’s face everyday, in sickness and in health, until death do you guys part, well, at least let it be pretty. But why is nothing beautiful? Karen.
Harvest Moon - Rated: K+ - English - Hurt/Comfort - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,804 - Reviews: 14 - Favs: 13 - Published: 3/15/2008 - Karen - Complete
All The Wrong Reasons by Kuneko reviews
Oneshot. BtN/FoMT. Karen wakes up on the fateful day of her wedding to Rick Emerson. As she walks down the aisle, however, she makes a frightening realisation that she's about to marry a man she doesn't love for all the wrong reasons.
Harvest Moon - Rated: K+ - English - Angst/Drama - Chapters: 1 - Words: 3,853 - Reviews: 8 - Favs: 10 - Follows: 1 - Published: 3/31/2008 - Karen - Complete
Maybe by Rhianwen reviews
He has a nice smile, but he's a man, and she doesn't like men right now. She's beautiful, but she's the wrong beautiful woman, and he doesn't want her here. Very slight MuffyMarlin, Muffy's POV.
Harvest Moon - Rated: K+ - English - Humor/Angst - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,517 - Reviews: 7 - Favs: 8 - Follows: 1 - Published: 1/1/2006 - Muffy, Marlin - Complete
miserable at best by PerfectPerception reviews
"He figured Jack -hell, even the clumsy Louis- should have been here, comforting her; aiding her obliterated pride and heart instead of himself. But, then again, maybe she did need him. After all, they both hated the rain." — JoexLyla MM/STH
Harvest Moon - Rated: K+ - English - Hurt/Comfort/Romance - Chapters: 1 - Words: 2,237 - Reviews: 8 - Favs: 11 - Follows: 1 - Published: 1/19/2008 - Joe, Lyla - Complete
learning to walk by Ekoaleko reviews
Muffy doesn't really want to be alone. oneshot.
Harvest Moon - Rated: K+ - English - Hurt/Comfort - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,571 - Reviews: 5 - Favs: 8 - Published: 7/1/2009 - Muffy, Hugh - Complete
Endless Circles by Moonlit Dreaming reviews
Karen's not a selfish woman. At least that's what she tells herself. She tells herself a lot of things. Sometimes she forgets to tell Rick things. Sometimes she forgets altogether. She knows life's what you make it, though. FoMT, Oneshot. Writing Contest.
Harvest Moon - Rated: K+ - English - Family/Drama - Chapters: 1 - Words: 7,057 - Reviews: 9 - Favs: 11 - Published: 5/30/2010 - Karen, Rick
Allegiance by RenaissanceLou reviews
"It's a Wonderful Life" apparently doesn't apply to everyone. Muffy/Nami Oneshot.
Harvest Moon - Rated: K+ - English - Romance/Humor - Chapters: 1 - Words: 3,461 - Reviews: 5 - Favs: 11 - Follows: 1 - Published: 7/13/2010 - Muffy, Nami - Complete
Unexpectedly Beautiful by Singkatsu reviews
There are some unfortunate souls who find, after being married many years, that they should have set their heart on someone else. Life sometimes puts the wrong people together, forcing them to eventually find someone who's right. Lillia/Basil drabble
Harvest Moon - Rated: K+ - English - Romance - Chapters: 1 - Words: 637 - Reviews: 4 - Favs: 3 - Follows: 1 - Published: 7/14/2010 - Basil, Lilia - Complete
Muse by Singkatsu reviews
A piano player in forget-me-not valley has taken a liking to a certain bar maid that we all know and love. Regardless of personality or actual possibility, love knows no bounds. A one-sided Lumina/Muffy drabble.
Harvest Moon - Rated: K+ - English - Romance/Humor - Chapters: 1 - Words: 692 - Reviews: 1 - Favs: 4 - Published: 7/15/2010 - Lumina, Muffy - Complete
Cherub Faces by Singkatsu reviews
"Just because I flirt with the ladies doesn't mean I can't have my eyes set on other things, sweet cheeks." Dan/Carl slash
Harvest Moon - Rated: K+ - English - Romance/Humor - Chapters: 1 - Words: 774 - Reviews: 4 - Favs: 2 - Follows: 1 - Published: 10/25/2010 - Carl, Dan - Complete
What I Never Thought Would Happen by Sobi15 reviews
Karen runs away to FlowerBud Village, hoping to leave memories and nightmares of her old town far behind and to make new beginnings
Harvest Moon - Rated: T - English - Romance/Drama - Chapters: 3 - Words: 6,212 - Reviews: 5 - Favs: 2 - Follows: 2 - Updated: 6/26/2011 - Published: 6/12/2011 - Karen
There Is No Song In My Heart by Kuneko reviews
Lumina's parentage has been one of the Valley's most well-kept secrets for as long as anyone could remember. Now a young adult, she seeks the truth, and she just may find the answers to this burning secret closer to home than she thought.
Harvest Moon - Rated: K+ - English - Family/Mystery - Chapters: 7 - Words: 21,219 - Reviews: 14 - Favs: 7 - Follows: 11 - Updated: 1/5/2014 - Published: 11/13/2011 - Lumina, Witch Princess