Home Community Books Fairy Tales Fairy Tales: The Collection
Fairy Tales: The Collection
Follow .
Focus: Books Fairy Tales, Since: 07-28-08
Founder: Plumed Pen - Stories: 22 - Followers: 2 - Staff: 1 - id: 60957
Slowly growing collection of some of the best fairy tales on this site, old and new alike. Like to see a story added or advertise your own? PM me, and we'll see what happens.

Rose Petals by onwingsofsnark reviews
The royal family of Hanor was your typical normal, royal family. There were no long forgotten curses, no fairies waiting to kill, or curse, one of the children of their family. But of course, every fairy tale has some sort of drama... right? R&R
Fairy Tales - Rated: K+ - English - Adventure - Chapters: 20 - Words: 37,202 - Reviews: 161 - Favs: 19 - Follows: 15 - Updated: 7/23/2007 - Published: 2/14/2007 - Complete
White Bird by MertleYuts reviews
A girl stumbles into an ancient menagerie where she meets a young man eager to prove himself and earn the love of the beautiful princess turned bird that resides there, but fairy tales are not always as straight forward as they first appear.
Fairy Tales - Rated: K+ - English - Romance/Adventure - Chapters: 8 - Words: 23,699 - Reviews: 64 - Favs: 60 - Follows: 29 - Updated: 7/13/2011 - Published: 7/6/2009 - Complete
Her Toes by Clar the Pirate reviews
I recently considered becoming the owner of a pair of transparent shoes. This story is dedicated to them.
Fairy Tales - Rated: K - English - Romance - Chapters: 1 - Words: 499 - Reviews: 8 - Favs: 7 - Published: 1/21/2008 - Complete
Elle by answersflyonangelwings reviews
Elle's father has died and to support her sisters and step-mother, she takes a job as royal tutor. Little did she know that her life would change dramatically because of that choice. Loosely based on Cinderella.
Fairy Tales - Rated: K+ - English - Romance/Adventure - Chapters: 19 - Words: 31,397 - Reviews: 218 - Favs: 73 - Follows: 96 - Updated: 6/28/2013 - Published: 4/27/2010
Two Kingdoms by slam a revolving door reviews
Jasmine has never thought about marriage. Now she's being forced to marry a prince of Kilmere a potentially old man with a wife already! So she does what any self respecting princess would: she runs away. But if she finds love, will it end in tears?
Fairy Tales - Rated: K+ - English - Romance/Humor - Chapters: 14 - Words: 27,882 - Reviews: 202 - Favs: 73 - Follows: 60 - Updated: 4/2/2011 - Published: 12/11/2005 - Complete
Yet Another Cinderella Story by LiterateChick reviews
I know it's been done, I know it gets lame, and I know you've probably read a million of them, but let's face it, Cinderella stories are fun to write. And I promise that as far as I know, you've never heard this one before!
Fairy Tales - Rated: K+ - English - Adventure/Romance - Chapters: 12 - Words: 15,830 - Reviews: 39 - Favs: 10 - Follows: 15 - Updated: 1/10/2010 - Published: 9/1/2009
While I Was Out Walking One Day by Acy Yua reviews
Dear Diary, I was almost kidnapped by a knight in shining armour today. He called it a ‘rescue’, I called it a kidnapping...
Fairy Tales - Rated: K+ - English - Humor - Chapters: 21 - Words: 12,207 - Reviews: 157 - Favs: 93 - Follows: 30 - Updated: 10/28/2007 - Published: 7/21/2006 - Complete
True Love's Curse by MertleYuts reviews
True Love is a funny thing, and by funny I mean hateful, manipulative, and downright mean. I am supposed to be running through fairy tales until I kiss my true love and escape from this curse. So what am I supposed to do when "True Love" chose wrong!
Fairy Tales - Rated: T - English - Humor/Romance - Chapters: 71 - Words: 160,026 - Reviews: 1015 - Favs: 303 - Follows: 172 - Updated: 7/7/2011 - Published: 5/1/2008 - Complete
The Transformation of Princess Ariana by Padme18 reviews
A princess from a far away land in cursed and only the love of another can break the spell.
Fairy Tales - Rated: K - English - Fantasy/Romance - Chapters: 1 - Words: 711 - Reviews: 3 - Favs: 5 - Follows: 1 - Published: 2/25/2008 - Complete
Little Sparrow by Carys Valerian reviews
Carys is an orphan who unexpectedly 'collides' with a rude and pampered noble. She never expects to see him again, until he lands on her doorstep without any memory of his past. But how will she enact her revenge when she falls in love? Complete!
Fairy Tales - Rated: K+ - English - Humor/Romance - Chapters: 22 - Words: 55,584 - Reviews: 137 - Favs: 115 - Follows: 47 - Updated: 8/31/2010 - Published: 4/26/2009 - Complete
Just As It Should by LittleOstinatoSeaker reviews
Ever wondered what would happen if everything happened just as it should? eventually change ensues and then who knows magic dragons, kings who need rescuing and a girl who doesn't talk much to talk it all in stride. Short Original Fairy Tale. Finished.
Fairy Tales - Rated: K - English - Adventure/Fantasy - Chapters: 7 - Words: 9,863 - Reviews: 6 - Favs: 4 - Follows: 2 - Updated: 3/13/2008 - Published: 8/22/2007 - Complete
Golden Sands by FaylinnNorse reviews
In Arabia, a deadly plague sweeps the land. The Forty Thieves search for a cure as they are hunted by the Royal Guard. Xavia was just a princess from a far away land, visiting a family friend, but will the wildness of the golden sand overwhelm her?
Fairy Tales - Rated: K+ - English - Adventure/Romance - Chapters: 39 - Words: 154,593 - Reviews: 328 - Favs: 71 - Follows: 29 - Updated: 11/1/2008 - Published: 1/4/2007 - Complete
Fairy Tales Just Aren't For Me by Tamaran Girl reviews
Adena doesn't believe in fairy tales or love at first sight. They both just don’t happen in real life! Beauty is only skin deep. It matters what’s on the inside, not the outside. But what happens when the prince falls in love with her? R&R please!
Fairy Tales - Rated: K+ - English - Humor/Romance - Chapters: 16 - Words: 88,313 - Reviews: 663 - Favs: 196 - Follows: 136 - Updated: 1/14/2007 - Published: 7/14/2004
Eva's Roses by Damian reviews
This is a retelling of Beauty and the Beast, based on a very interesting premise. The Beast is a girl and Beauty is male. And the enchantress isn't quite what anyone expects, least of all the Beast herself.
Fairy Tales - Rated: K - English - Romance/Drama - Chapters: 1 - Words: 9,558 - Reviews: 33 - Favs: 49 - Follows: 2 - Published: 9/21/2003 - Complete
A Mage's Beast by feey reviews
Beauty and the Beast. Kallia is sent by the king to a forgotten castle, whose master is a shadowy figure rumored to be a beast. Yet in this mage's castle, dying roses are the key to survival. Final chapter is up.
Fairy Tales - Rated: K+ - English - Romance - Chapters: 8 - Words: 21,108 - Reviews: 61 - Favs: 50 - Follows: 22 - Updated: 7/24/2009 - Published: 9/23/2007 - Complete
All Because of a Puffy Shirt? by Damia Natura reviews
Rina is not the most observant person in the world, and doesn't ask questions...at least not ones that make sense, but when her friends find themselves in serious trouble she needs help to save them, but can she trust the stranger in the puffy shirt?
Fairy Tales - Rated: K+ - English - Fantasy/Romance - Chapters: 8 - Words: 14,303 - Reviews: 4 - Favs: 4 - Follows: 1 - Updated: 2/26/2010 - Published: 2/25/2010 - Complete
A Talent for Comforting Small Sadnesses by dressagegrrrl reviews
Retelling of Cinderella. Set at an all-girls boarding school in a world where your lot in life is determined by the Talent with which you are gifted at your coming of age. Humorous and sweet. Quite fluffy. Finalist in the CatsCurious Contest w/Jim Hines.
Fairy Tales - Rated: K - English - Romance/Humor - Chapters: 4 - Words: 10,512 - Reviews: 64 - Favs: 125 - Follows: 14 - Published: 8/15/2008 - Complete
A Geometric FairyTale by Hazelcloud reviews
Once upon a time, there was a princess. Then came a tale of a kidnapping, a quest, and the Forest of Ratios!
Fairy Tales - Rated: K - English - Adventure/Humor - Chapters: 1 - Words: 3,030 - Reviews: 6 - Favs: 1 - Published: 5/30/2009 - Complete
Lady of the Stardust Butterflies by Lady-ofThe-stardustButterflies reviews
The Princess was under a predicament. There were two men in her life, one her curse forced her to love, and another she had grown to accidentally care for. Not to mention she's stuck in the palace and her pet pig's evil. r&r please!
Fairy Tales - Rated: K+ - English - Romance - Chapters: 5 - Words: 9,287 - Reviews: 20 - Favs: 6 - Follows: 5 - Updated: 8/25/2006 - Published: 8/20/2006 - Complete
The Tale of the Two Sisters by Tiger Lily21 reviews
One-shot. Two sisters discover the rewards and punishments of showing kindness to strangers.
Fairy Tales - Rated: K - English - Fantasy - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,291 - Reviews: 9 - Favs: 6 - Follows: 1 - Published: 9/11/2008 - Complete
The Christmas Bluebird by Backroads reviews
What chance does a poor carpenter have to win the hand of a princess? My retelling of the holiday story.
Fairy Tales - Rated: K - English - Romance - Chapters: 6 - Words: 9,824 - Reviews: 60 - Favs: 28 - Follows: 3 - Updated: 12/25/2006 - Published: 12/16/2006 - Complete
Little Broomstick by summer-sara88 reviews
Beauty's father steals a rose from the Beast, and now has to pay the price. But to save his daughter, he sends another. What if the Beast falls in love with the wrong girl?
Fairy Tales - Rated: K - English - Romance/Fantasy - Chapters: 10 - Words: 12,287 - Reviews: 73 - Favs: 38 - Follows: 22 - Updated: 9/29/2007 - Published: 3/25/2006 - Complete