Home Community Books Harry Potter Lily and James stories
Lily and James stories
Follow .
Focus: Books Harry Potter, Since: 09-28-04
Founder: mmarcy - Stories: 550 - Followers: 352 - Staff: 12 - id: 4160
The title pretty much says it all! I love reading stories about James and Lily so I decided to make a community of my favorite stories/one-shots about them. Any of my subscribers who would like to be a staff member feel free to email me. You can find my email address in my profile. Please leave your user ID number with the email so I can add you to my staff.

Asleep in the Common Room by the potter family reviews
Lily Evans stumbles into the Common Room late one night and finds a student asleep on the couches.
Harry Potter - Rated: K - English - Romance - Chapters: 2 - Words: 4,098 - Reviews: 61 - Favs: 143 - Follows: 34 - Updated: 7/28/2013 - Published: 7/18/2013 - James P., Lily Evans P. - Complete
From Where We Stand by ladyoftheknightley reviews
By the end of their sixth year, Lily's relationship with James has completely changed - they're not friends, but they're not not, either. She's still trying to work out what this means, when a series of deaths irrevocably change their relationship once again... / For glowing-neons
Harry Potter - Rated: T - English - Drama - Chapters: 1 - Words: 12,409 - Reviews: 15 - Favs: 30 - Follows: 16 - Published: 5/14/2013 - James P., Lily Evans P. - Complete
Fundamental Laws of Magic by lizardcookie reviews
There are certain rules of magic that Lily Evans would very much have liked not to confront in one day. What began in Defense Against the Dark Arts between two people avoiding the obvious ends in the dungeons, the same two people not the same as they were before. One-shot.
Harry Potter - Rated: T - English - Romance - Chapters: 1 - Words: 4,669 - Reviews: 12 - Favs: 109 - Follows: 18 - Published: 2/2/2013 - Lily Evans P., James P. - Complete
Fun Facts and Butterbeer by lizardcookie reviews
Because when all efforts at making the rounds schedule fail, what else is there to do but open a few Butterbeers and simply talk. It's here, in the Head's Office, that both Lily and James finally get what they need.
Harry Potter - Rated: T - English - Chapters: 1 - Words: 2,083 - Reviews: 12 - Favs: 69 - Follows: 10 - Published: 5/26/2013 - James P., Lily Evans P. - Complete
Cry With You by TealShootingStar reviews
"She stopped as she moved out of the window and caught a glimpse of James' face. It looked pained – his hazel eyes, usually bright with mischief, were bloodshot..." One-shot
Harry Potter - Rated: K+ - English - Hurt/Comfort/Romance - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,447 - Reviews: 27 - Favs: 59 - Follows: 15 - Published: 5/26/2013 - James P., Lily Evans P. - Complete
New Year by scared of clouds reviews
Lily Evans is planning on seeing the New Year in alone, then just getting through the rest of the year with as few problems as possible. Unfortunately for Lily Evans, very little in her life is that simple. Still, what difference can a year make? 1977 through the eyes of L & J. Cover art by Viria. All Harry Potter characters, places etc are the property of JK Rowling.
Harry Potter - Rated: T - English - Romance/Friendship - Chapters: 13 - Words: 90,084 - Reviews: 296 - Favs: 249 - Follows: 240 - Updated: 12/22/2013 - Published: 12/31/2012 - James P., Lily Evans P. - Complete
The Way They Were by Take this to Heart reviews
There are some things you can't share without ending up liking each other, and using four wands and a sack of flour to fight off a group of death eaters is one of them.
Harry Potter - Rated: T - English - Romance/Drama - Chapters: 3 - Words: 18,846 - Reviews: 35 - Favs: 53 - Follows: 91 - Updated: 5/29/2013 - Published: 5/6/2013 - James P., Lily Evans P.
A Month of Sundays by marziipan reviews
How exactly does Lily discover her buried feelings for James Potter? Picks up from James's and Lily's 5th year, shortly after Lily ends her friendship with Snape.
Harry Potter - Rated: T - English - Romance/Drama - Chapters: 25 - Words: 88,345 - Reviews: 911 - Favs: 1,356 - Follows: 363 - Updated: 1/8/2010 - Published: 7/25/2009 - Lily Evans P., James P. - Complete
Promises by TheGreyLadyy reviews
'You know, I've always had a feeling that I'd die young.'
Harry Potter - Rated: T - English - Romance/Hurt/Comfort - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,703 - Reviews: 11 - Favs: 30 - Follows: 9 - Published: 1/20/2013 - Lily Evans P., James P. - Complete
Love and Insecurity by EllieSky reviews
"She didn't really know, he often mused. She wasn't aware of how utterly and breathtakingly gorgeous she was, and how his heart literally leaped out of his chest whenever she looked his way." Just a little Jily fluff to brighten your day! Rated T for a couple super brief swear words. Remember: reviews are cookies!
Harry Potter - Rated: T - English - Romance - Chapters: 1 - Words: 2,054 - Reviews: 24 - Favs: 53 - Follows: 10 - Published: 12/29/2012 - James P., Lily Evans P. - Complete
Starting With Hello by annaisadinosaur reviews
Lily Evans made a deal with the devil. (By the name of James Potter, anyway.) The deal: if James apologized to Severus Snape, Lily had to accompany him on a date. So you can only guess who James took on a date to the Three Broomsticks. And here's a hint - it certainly wasn't Severus.
Harry Potter - Rated: T - English - Romance/Humor - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,588 - Reviews: 16 - Favs: 31 - Follows: 10 - Published: 12/27/2012 - Lily Evans P., James P. - Complete
Transfiguration and Charms by delz04 reviews
"It seemed very right, wearing a symbol of him next to her heart."
Harry Potter - Rated: K - English - Romance - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,644 - Reviews: 6 - Favs: 41 - Follows: 5 - Published: 12/27/2012 - James P., Lily Evans P. - Complete
Hold Me Now by sunny-hiccup reviews
For Jily Secret Santa 2012 Harry Potter - James&Lily James has nightmares that keep him awake. One nightmare in particular. In the end he always has to check and be sure. Be sure she is safe. Always
Harry Potter - Rated: K+ - English - Hurt/Comfort/Angst - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,069 - Reviews: 9 - Favs: 36 - Follows: 8 - Published: 12/26/2012 - James P., Lily Evans P. - Complete
The Gits of Christmas Past by GhostOfBambi reviews
The simple tale of an idiot at Christmas.
Harry Potter - Rated: T - English - Romance - Chapters: 1 - Words: 5,779 - Reviews: 32 - Favs: 111 - Follows: 22 - Published: 12/26/2012 - James P., Lily Evans P. - Complete
Of cheering up and snow by AmzyD reviews
"You stare at him through sad eyes for a moment, surveying him. Sirius Black, known for his aloofness, indifference and pride. He stands in front of you: broken, exposed and hoarse. His eyes, usually alight with mischief, burned with pain for his best friend."
Harry Potter - Rated: T - English - Romance/Hurt/Comfort - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,822 - Reviews: 15 - Favs: 20 - Follows: 5 - Published: 12/26/2012 - Lily Evans P., James P. - Complete
A Christmas Miracle of Sorts by owlsong489 reviews
Lily Evans is having a miserable Christmas Eve at home before something strange happens and an unexpected person brings a smile to her face.
Harry Potter - Rated: K+ - English - Romance/Friendship - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,765 - Reviews: 9 - Favs: 27 - Follows: 11 - Published: 12/25/2012 - Lily Evans P., James P. - Complete
On the Quidditch Pitch by CokeBottleK reviews
It was the middle of the night and the Quidditch pitch was dark... L/J. One-shot.
Harry Potter - Rated: T - English - Romance - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,713 - Reviews: 38 - Favs: 130 - Follows: 19 - Published: 12/25/2012 - James P., Lily Evans P. - Complete
A Doe and a Stag by astral symphony reviews
'"So you're telling me," she says slowly, "that that deer was you." "More or less." "Do you realize that's illegal?" "Completely."'
Harry Potter - Rated: K+ - English - Friendship - Chapters: 1 - Words: 3,125 - Reviews: 13 - Favs: 48 - Follows: 14 - Published: 12/24/2012 - James P., Lily Evans P. - Complete
Stealing Sheep by Pittsy reviews
Lily's having disturbing dreams about arguing with and- urgh- kissing James Potter. She can't figure out why until one of her dreams comes true. Are these premonitions of the future? Will she allow the inevitable to happen, or will she change her fate?
Harry Potter - Rated: T - English - Romance/Humor - Chapters: 22 - Words: 55,859 - Reviews: 419 - Favs: 233 - Follows: 99 - Updated: 5/27/2008 - Published: 9/25/2003 - Lily Evans P., James P. - Complete
In the Forest of the Forgotten by klynn99 reviews
The summer after her seventh year, Lily finds her life to be in the hands of none other than the Death Eaters. To her surprise, James and Sirius are assigned as her personal aurors. Tensions rise and defenses fall as James, Lily and Sirius live their lives on the run.
Harry Potter - Rated: T - English - Romance/Tragedy - Chapters: 14 - Words: 82,971 - Reviews: 53 - Favs: 42 - Follows: 64 - Updated: 1/11 - Published: 9/12/2012 - Sirius B., James P., Lily Evans P.
A Cliche Kissing Game by LiLy-saLvatore-cuLLen reviews
"Never agree to play any kind of game when Firewhiskey is involved; especially when said game is proposed by one very drunk Sirius Black."
Harry Potter - Rated: T - English - Romance/Humor - Chapters: 1 - Words: 4,496 - Reviews: 12 - Favs: 62 - Follows: 13 - Published: 9/14/2012 - James P., Lily Evans P. - Complete
Close Calls and Confessions by LiLy-saLvatore-cuLLen reviews
"I had to tell him. He had to know I loved him. Even if he didn't return the feelings… I owed it to him after all these years." James saves Lily. Lily feels the need to express her feelings, even though it could be too late.
Harry Potter - Rated: T - English - Romance/Drama - Chapters: 1 - Words: 4,201 - Reviews: 23 - Favs: 84 - Follows: 15 - Published: 11/17/2010 - James P., Lily Evans P. - Complete
Expectations and Awareness by LiLy-saLvatore-cuLLen reviews
In which James is extremely aware of a certain Lily Evans pressed underneath him, and Lily was not expecting a certain James Potter to topple on top of her. Even though she was in his bed...
Harry Potter - Rated: T - English - Romance/Humor - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,916 - Reviews: 16 - Favs: 136 - Follows: 23 - Published: 8/8/2011 - James P., Lily Evans P. - Complete
Think of That by LiLy-saLvatore-cuLLen reviews
Lily is trying to produce her Patronus, but none of her memories seem happy enough. Can James help her out? "A Marauder's smirk melted onto those delectable lips of his...'Think of that, Lily.'"
Harry Potter - Rated: T - English - Romance - Chapters: 1 - Words: 2,418 - Reviews: 35 - Favs: 172 - Follows: 29 - Published: 2/1/2012 - James P., Lily Evans P. - Complete
Charmed in Charms by LiLy-saLvatore-cuLLen reviews
"For some odd reason, Professor Flitwick preferred to seat his students alphabetically according to first name. Do you know what this meant? It meant that I, Lily Evans, was to be seated by James Potter...Each year the seating arrangement lingered. Each year I sat next to the detestable James Ryan Potter. Each year I fell a little more in love with him."
Harry Potter - Rated: T - English - Romance - Chapters: 1 - Words: 5,095 - Reviews: 19 - Favs: 74 - Follows: 14 - Published: 10/15/2012 - James P., Lily Evans P. - Complete
539 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »