Home Community Misc Misc. Movies Retro Cinema
Retro Cinema
Follow .
Focus: Misc Misc. Movies, Since: 09-30-11
Founder: Li'l Milk Glass Chicky - Stories: 25 - Followers: 5 - Staff: 1 - id: 95561
A collection of well-written stories of anything from the silent era to the 1960s, in case somebody besides me wants a good read and they can't find an established category for it in the Movies archive or a community in this section. Please do stop by here to check out these gems and subscribe so we can get this to the top of the page!

The Case of the Missing Martini Olive by icepixel reviews
Just before The Thin Man begins, an olive goes missing from a drink. Nick and Nora are on the case.
Misc. Movies - Rated: K - English - Humor/Romance - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,072 - Reviews: 5 - Favs: 4 - Published: 1/22/2013 - Complete
Matching bags by rhapsodybree reviews
DESK SET. Engaged they may be, but the fun doesn't end there for Bunny Watson and Richard Sumner.
Misc. Movies - Rated: K+ - English - Romance - Chapters: 1 - Words: 770 - Reviews: 1 - Published: 12/7/2010 - Complete
Magazines by Skybright Daye reviews
Footlight Parade, 1933 Nan Prescott is about a hair's breadth away from quitting this crazy job.
Misc. Movies - Rated: K - English - Romance - Chapters: 1 - Words: 655 - Reviews: 1 - Published: 1/10/2009 - Complete
Oblivion in Blue by Thyme In Her Eyes reviews
The Thief of Baghdad: On the serenity on a Princess, as she inhales the fragrance of the Blue Rose of Forgetfulness and loses the world.
Misc. Movies - Rated: T - English - Romance/Angst - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,228 - Reviews: 3 - Favs: 1 - Published: 9/13/2008 - Complete
Someone by Brunette Inc reviews
[one shot GIANT fic] I needed a little spit of land with a lot of irony.
Misc. Movies - Rated: K+ - English - Chapters: 1 - Words: 951 - Reviews: 2 - Favs: 1 - Published: 8/21/2007 - Complete
3 am by Merry.Murderess reviews
Sunset Boulevard. No one walks out on a star.
Misc. Movies - Rated: K+ - English - Drama - Chapters: 1 - Words: 608 - Reviews: 4 - Favs: 2 - Published: 8/25/2008 - Complete
Remembering by Smoltenica reviews
From 'Show Boat'. A drunken cabaret singer at a Chicago club hears a song that opens a floodgate of memories.
Misc. Movies - Rated: K+ - English - Angst - Chapters: 1 - Words: 574 - Reviews: 4 - Favs: 1 - Published: 10/3/2008 - Complete
Nocture by Shadow131 reviews
A Sunset Boulevard fic. A vignette on Joe Gillis' torn desire between opportunism and the really finer things in life.
Misc. Movies - Rated: T - English - Drama - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,454 - Reviews: 3 - Favs: 5 - Published: 4/28/2007 - Complete
Afters by Random-Battlecry reviews
A Streetcar Named Desire. You didn't think you could hide from me forever, did you, he says. No, Stella tells him, no, just long enough. Five years later, Stanley Kowalski is a brick wall coming down the sidewalk, and Stella has nowhere to go.
Misc. Movies - Rated: K - English - Drama - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,670 - Reviews: 4 - Favs: 6 - Published: 7/19/2009 - Complete
Intermission by Skybright Daye reviews
Footlight Parade, 1933 Even the most hard-working members of the Frazer and Gould staff have to sleep eventually.
Misc. Movies - Rated: K - English - Chapters: 1 - Words: 875 - Reviews: 1 - Published: 1/10/2009 - Complete
Playing At Pretend by Random-Battlecry reviews
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. Butch needs a little help from a friend, and Etta's the only one of the right gender. They both forget what a good liar he is. Butch/Etta, pre-movie.
Misc. Movies - Rated: K+ - English - Humor/Romance - Chapters: 1 - Words: 3,718 - Reviews: 4 - Favs: 4 - Published: 8/14/2008 - Complete
Dear Delilah by Random-Battlecry reviews
Fanfic for "Giant."Somewhere in the back of Jett's mind there's the same rhythmic refrain. Thou shalt not covet thy fellowman's wife. But wanting Leslie Benedict, he figures, is the least of his sins. Jett/Leslie. One shot.
Misc. Movies - Rated: K+ - English - Drama/Romance - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,568 - Reviews: 2 - Favs: 1 - Published: 3/14/2010 - Complete
My Love My Hate My Mendacity by whatsamatta reviews
That damnable, stupid woman. I love her. I hate her. She is my mendacity. *Cat on a Hot Tin Roof BrickXMaggie*
Misc. Movies - Rated: T - English - Hurt/Comfort/Romance - Chapters: 1 - Words: 919 - Reviews: 5 - Favs: 6 - Follows: 2 - Published: 12/2/2009 - Complete
During the Storm by Vera-Sabe reviews
Based on the 1921 silent film Orphans of the Storm directed by D. W. Griffith. Henriette Girard is a common girl and Chevalier de Vaudrey is an aristocrat. They fall in love before and during the French Revolution, though it is forbidden.
Misc. Movies - Rated: K+ - English - Romance/Drama - Chapters: 1 - Words: 4,978 - Reviews: 1 - Favs: 1 - Published: 4/18/2009 - Complete
Singin' in the Rain 2: Dancin' in the Sun by Rockmytoesoff reviews
Singin' in the Rain got Don Lockwood and Cathy Seldon together, now it's Cosmo's turn... The story picks up after Don and Cathy's wedding. They're ready to start their new musical, and Cosmo Brown is ready to compose it!
Misc. Movies - Rated: K - English - Romance - Chapters: 6 - Words: 4,781 - Reviews: 39 - Favs: 11 - Follows: 12 - Updated: 8/12/2005 - Published: 2/28/2003
Eliza's Last Question by HisLight.InMe reviews
My Fair Lady, One Shot. What did Eliza say after Higgins asked for his slippers? A look at what might have happend after the last line of the movie. For anyone who wished the movie had just been a little bit longer. Please R&R!
Misc. Movies - Rated: K - English - Romance/Humor - Chapters: 1 - Words: 466 - Reviews: 18 - Favs: 26 - Follows: 1 - Published: 4/13/2009 - Complete
Only Thing I'm Thinking by Amilyn reviews
Bringing Up Baby 1938 . David and Susan, honeymooning at Niagara. Drabble. No content to warn for.
Misc. Movies - Rated: K - English - Humor - Chapters: 1 - Words: 128 - Reviews: 1 - Favs: 1 - Published: 3/23/2009 - Complete
We Were Very Tired, We Were Very Married by icepixel reviews
There's not much room on a ferry, but Peter and Linda dance anyway. You know how Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers never danced to "They Can't Take That Away From Me" in Shall We Dance? This is my attempt at rectification.
Misc. Movies - Rated: K - English - Romance - Chapters: 1 - Words: 940 - Reviews: 3 - Favs: 5 - Published: 11/23/2009 - Complete
All We Know of Truth by icepixel reviews
She was not drunk enough for this conversation. 'I was starting to think you didn't like girls.' Oops. Actually, maybe she was *too* drunk for this conversation." Post-Flying Down to Rio Fred/Honey shippiness. And drunkeness.
Misc. Movies - Rated: T - English - Humor/Romance - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,164 - Reviews: 2 - Favs: 5 - Published: 12/26/2009 - Complete
Constantly Risking Absurdity by icepixel reviews
Concerns the Astaire/Rogers film Shall We Dance from 1937 . After the movie ends, Linda and Peter still have some loose ends to tie up.
Misc. Movies - Rated: K - English - Romance/Humor - Chapters: 1 - Words: 2,338 - Reviews: 1 - Favs: 5 - Published: 1/10/2010 - Complete
Side by Side by icepixel reviews
Follow the Fleet's Sherry and Bake are having a trying Christmas, but they make the most of it.
Misc. Movies - Rated: K - English - Romance - Chapters: 1 - Words: 711 - Reviews: 1 - Favs: 3 - Published: 1/23/2011 - Complete
On Alcohol and Actors by Hope Meijer reviews
The Thin Man 1934 . "If you're sober, then I'm Fred Astaire." Nick/Nora
Misc. Movies - Rated: K - English - Humor - Chapters: 1 - Words: 353 - Reviews: 5 - Favs: 5 - Published: 4/26/2011 - Complete
This Sticky Heat by LadyShiva17 reviews
Brick and Maggie are making the drive from New Orleans to Mississippi for Big Daddy's birthday party. And it's a hot one. Mild, T rating a precaution only. Cat On A Hot Tin Roof, BrickXMaggie
Misc. Movies - Rated: T - English - Angst/Romance - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,950 - Reviews: 4 - Favs: 4 - Follows: 2 - Published: 9/1/2010 - Complete
Unchoreographed by icepixel reviews
For 1935's Roberta. "At sixteen, Lizzie Gatz had bright blue eyes and a winsome smile, and Huck Haines couldn't have been more in love with her if he'd tried." 'Cause I always wondered how they became childhood sweethearts.
Misc. Movies - Rated: K - English - Romance/Humor - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,754 - Reviews: 3 - Favs: 3 - Published: 7/15/2010 - Complete
Cretan Moments by seren23 reviews
100 Fics based on the movie The Moon-Spinners. Nikki/Mark pairing.
Misc. Movies - Rated: K+ - English - Romance - Chapters: 6 - Words: 3,986 - Reviews: 6 - Favs: 3 - Follows: 4 - Updated: 5/4/2009 - Published: 8/5/2008