Home Community Cartoons Avatar: Last Airbender Save the Fandom: Truly Well-Written Avatar Stories
Save the Fandom: Truly Well-Written Avatar Stories
Follow .
Focus: Cartoons Avatar: Last Airbender, Since: 02-22-10
Founder: Sun Daughter - Stories: 206 - Followers: 183 - Staff: 9 - id: 79015
This community is where truly well-written and creative Avatar fanfictions can be recognized. PM me if you want the requirements for adding your stories. If it complies, submit it for consideration. I'm looking for ACTIVE STAFF members (PM me if interested).

Wish Upon a Star by MorllyNo.1 reviews
My first songfic. A song that I wrote, so no copyright infringement intended. Aang is in the Fire Nation missing Katara like crazy, and Katara is on Air Temple Island missing Aang like crazy. Kataang fluff! Fluffy Kataang!
Avatar: Last Airbender - Rated: K+ - English - Romance/Friendship - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,022 - Reviews: 4 - Favs: 2 - Published: 4/5 - Aang, Zuko, Katara, Appa - Complete
The Spirit Avatar by loki77 reviews
The spirits can no longer stand aside and watch the turmoil and strife the Fire Nation has caused during the hundred year war. They went against all the rules and created a new avatar: The Spirit Avatar. ZukoxOC
Avatar: Last Airbender - Rated: T - English - Romance/Adventure - Chapters: 8 - Words: 28,044 - Reviews: 15 - Favs: 29 - Follows: 54 - Updated: 3/9 - Published: 7/26/2013 - Zuko, OC
Finding What You Weren't Looking For by JackieStarSister reviews
Life is full of searches. But are the things we find worth more than the things we seek? An alteration of Book 1 events has ripples throughout the remainder of the war. Zutara and Taang romance of realistic proportions. *Cover art by GreenifyME on DeviantArt*
Avatar: Last Airbender - Rated: T - English - Adventure/Angst - Chapters: 44 - Words: 201,321 - Reviews: 407 - Favs: 254 - Follows: 362 - Updated: 1/15 - Published: 4/19/2011 - [Zuko, Katara] [Aang, Toph]
The Reason You're Not Supposed to Walk on Tables by Heligoland reviews
In which StillPrettyEvil!Zuko and Mai attend a peace summit as Fire Lord and Lady, where they are subjected to the tortures of frostbite and other people's cultures. Bits of near shamelessly fluffy [MaixZuko]. Oneshot.
Avatar: Last Airbender - Rated: T - English - Chapters: 1 - Words: 4,898 - Reviews: 14 - Favs: 47 - Follows: 4 - Published: 5/18/2007 - Zuko, Mai - Complete
True Love by DemonCat008 reviews
Eri, daughter of Zhao, is rescued by Zuko and Iroh from her Hell of a home. After basically getting her eye ripped out, she decides to stick with Zuko. No matter how annoying he gets. "But I hate you, I really hate you, So much, I think it must be TRUE LOVE". Warning: harsh language, and first chapter is gory at the end! (Eventual Zuko/OC)
Avatar: Last Airbender - Rated: T - English - Chapters: 20 - Words: 46,849 - Reviews: 44 - Favs: 51 - Follows: 61 - Updated: 4/14 - Published: 11/6/2013 - Zuko, Iroh, OC
The Avatar Rebels by Twinkletoes626 reviews
After the war, troublesome rebels are causing problems for Team Avatar, so Aang decides to go undercover and learn more about them. However, when he hears their most ambitious plan yet, he can't help objecting. However, instead being thrown in jail, Aang is brainwashed into thinking he is one of them. Will he escape the rebels' clutches, or is the Avatar gone for good?
Avatar: Last Airbender - Rated: T - English - Angst/Suspense - Chapters: 19 - Words: 49,727 - Reviews: 115 - Favs: 18 - Follows: 26 - Updated: 4/9 - Published: 9/29/2013 - Aang, Katara
Leaves From The Vine by ashinom123 reviews
The members of the Gaang are all grown up and gather together to mourn the death of a loved one. Warning: angsty. Very short drabble.
Avatar: Last Airbender - Rated: T - English - Angst/Drama - Chapters: 1 - Words: 590 - Reviews: 4 - Favs: 7 - Follows: 1 - Published: 12/8/2013 - Iroh, Gaang - Complete
Scars by Luna Maria Boulevardes reviews
"Maybe next you to feel like doing that, we could, I don't know, talk. Or something." Zuko has scars. Sokka has questions.
Avatar: Last Airbender - Rated: T - English - Friendship/Hurt/Comfort - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,808 - Reviews: 26 - Favs: 180 - Follows: 16 - Published: 8/5/2010 - Zuko, Sokka - Complete
Fire and Lightning by Faulty L0gic reviews
Four days after the comet, Azula negotiates with her brother to get out of prison, and works with the Gaang and her friends to restore balance after a century of war, working against well-earned distrust, echoes of her loss of control, and a new threat.
Avatar: Last Airbender - Rated: T - English - Chapters: 7 - Words: 31,098 - Reviews: 57 - Favs: 30 - Follows: 40 - Updated: 1/14 - Published: 9/17/2013 - Azula
Ashes to Ashes by Scribe Shiloh reviews
Zuko does not survive Azula's lightning strike. A year later, those who knew him are still haunted by thoughts of everything that could have been. Written for the Avatarbigbang mini-bang challenge. Dark, tearbending warning
Avatar: Last Airbender - Rated: K+ - English - Tragedy/Angst - Chapters: 1 - Words: 2,336 - Reviews: 49 - Favs: 179 - Follows: 12 - Published: 3/30/2011 - Zuko, Iroh - Complete
The Dragon and the Wolf by aka Arashi reviews
Years after the war, Azula is on the run, hunted by the Avatar and her brother, but her greatest threat lies behind an unassuming smile and a pair of intelligent blue eyes. Sokka/Azula
Avatar: Last Airbender - Rated: T - English - Hurt/Comfort/Romance - Chapters: 6 - Words: 21,717 - Reviews: 160 - Favs: 185 - Follows: 230 - Updated: 10/26/2010 - Published: 5/4/2009 - Sokka, Azula
Slumber My Darling by auri mynonys reviews
Toph has spent years trying to reconcile herself with her family, but when that fails, she withdraws to Ba Sing Se – and Iroh's teashop. There she tries to recover from old wounds with Iroh's help. Nominated for the Universal Fanfiction Open Awards.
Avatar: Last Airbender - Rated: K+ - English - Romance/Family - Chapters: 1 - Words: 9,776 - Reviews: 53 - Favs: 194 - Follows: 19 - Published: 8/2/2010 - Iroh, Toph
Rekindling by Minion of Set reviews
That lightning bolt really had killed Aang. The dying spirit of Avatar Roku approaches Zuko with a proposal of redemption. Time Travel.
Avatar: Last Airbender - Rated: T - English - Adventure/Drama - Chapters: 3 - Words: 11,299 - Reviews: 274 - Favs: 573 - Follows: 731 - Updated: 8/22/2009 - Published: 8/18/2008 - Zuko, Azula
Lifting the Haze by Brandishing No.2 Pencils reviews
There is more to know with the past, strength, calm and innocence of the four childhood friends originating from the Fire Nation. Featuring 'My Past does not define me' quote.
Avatar: Last Airbender - Rated: K+ - English - Friendship - Chapters: 1 - Words: 2,438 - Reviews: 3 - Favs: 8 - Follows: 2 - Published: 6/8/2013 - Zuko, Azula, Mai, Ty Lee - Complete
The Gaang's Companion by Carrot-Bunny reviews
When the Gaang receives a book full of stories about themselves and many other characters in the AtLA universe, they begin their journey into the wide and wacky world of fanfiction. From romance to adventure to humor to even slash(!), join them as they enter the realms of 'The Gaang's Companion', where they find out that fanfiction writers are always interesting if nothing else.
Avatar: Last Airbender - Rated: T - English - Humor/Parody - Chapters: 51 - Words: 152,594 - Reviews: 346 - Favs: 111 - Follows: 104 - Updated: 9/1/2013 - Published: 1/1/2013 - Gaang - Complete
la fase celeste by metacognitive
Jun does not conquer the world.
Avatar: Last Airbender - Rated: K+ - English - Chapters: 1 - Words: 2,452 - Favs: 2 - Published: 9/21/2013 - Jun - Complete
Love by Everlane reviews
At that moment, I realized that I couldn't see that person people hated, and there was no need for me to see her.
Avatar: Last Airbender - Rated: K+ - English - Family/Hurt/Comfort - Chapters: 1 - Words: 3,572 - Reviews: 7 - Favs: 11 - Follows: 1 - Published: 10/15/2013 - Sokka, Azula - Complete
Children of War by ohsoxalive reviews
Katara is the mother of these people. Of these children of war. And Zuko just doesn't understand. .spoilers for 3.12. ZK oneshot.
Avatar: Last Airbender - Rated: K+ - English - Hurt/Comfort/Family - Chapters: 1 - Words: 3,981 - Reviews: 92 - Favs: 410 - Follows: 27 - Published: 12/22/2007 - Zuko, Katara - Complete
What Antinomy Said by lye tea reviews
Tell me a real fake fairytale. [Zuko x Katara]
Avatar: Last Airbender - Rated: K+ - English - Drama - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,376 - Reviews: 16 - Favs: 50 - Follows: 3 - Published: 10/27/2007 - Zuko, Katara - Complete
Spiral's Beginning by Shadow Wasserson reviews
A long time ago, the Four Nations were at war. The story of the first Avatar.
Avatar: Last Airbender - Rated: K+ - English - Chapters: 1 - Words: 2,476 - Reviews: 41 - Favs: 173 - Follows: 14 - Published: 12/17/2007 - Complete
Full Moon Bay by cupid-painted-blind reviews
There is a secret, hidden deep beneath the Full Moon Bay. Its name is Xianggang. / What happens if an Avatar fails?
Avatar: Last Airbender - Rated: T - English - Drama - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,484 - Reviews: 11 - Favs: 21 - Follows: 2 - Published: 11/11/2010 - Complete
Close Your Eyes by cupid-painted-blind reviews
Because your eyes will only show the truth, and the truth is not what you want to see. / Kanna escapes the Northern Water Tribe and travels south, always south.
Avatar: Last Airbender - Rated: K+ - English - Drama/Adventure - Chapters: 1 - Words: 6,813 - Reviews: 13 - Favs: 24 - Published: 6/17/2010 - Kanna/Gran Gran - Complete
Seven Years of Bad Luck by The Quiller reviews
/The penance for a broken mirror is seven years of bad luck./ From age ten to seventeen, Zuko pays his due.
Avatar: Last Airbender - Rated: T - English - Angst - Chapters: 1 - Words: 3,806 - Reviews: 7 - Favs: 36 - Follows: 3 - Published: 4/24/2011 - Zuko - Complete
Fidelity by glamaphonic reviews
Five times Sokka fell in love. SokkaSuki, SokkaYue, SokkaToph, SokkaTy Lee.
Avatar: Last Airbender - Rated: T - English - Romance/Drama - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,190 - Reviews: 42 - Favs: 126 - Follows: 10 - Published: 8/29/2006 - Sokka, Suki - Complete
Lessons in Thin Air by Lisse reviews
What Zuko learns at the Western Air Temple, whether he wants to or not. Spoilers through 313.
Avatar: Last Airbender - Rated: K - English - Friendship - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,293 - Reviews: 54 - Favs: 408 - Follows: 25 - Published: 5/7/2008 - Zuko - Complete
192 | Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »