Home Community Games Mass Effect The Original Mass Effect Insertion Community
The Original Mass Effect Insertion Community
Follow .
Focus: Games Mass Effect, Since: 10-17-10
Founder: BattlefieldPortal - Stories: 665 - Followers: 178 - Staff: 9 - id: 86352
List of SIs, TPIs, and OCIs in the Mass Effect Fanfiction section. I'm just keeping tabs on any SI/TPI/OCIs laying around. UPDATED 3/15/2016 07:48AM PDT 562 SI/TPI/OCI stories in. Also, feel free to subscribe for updates on new SI/TPI/OCI fics. *UPDATE*Not accepting SI-parodies, so staff members double-check if it's legit or parody of SIs in general please. Also need staff members to check for any insertion fics in the Mass Effect crossover section. Still needing new staff members, PM me if interested.

The Old Ways: Extra by Vo0d0o-D0L reviews
Waking up next to a corpse isn't the best way to start your day as I find out. Stuck in a place I shouldn't be, it's all I can do to try and survive until the skies darken. But when you're pit against a centuries old Matriarch with little more than the generosity of strangers even that becomes a challenge.
Mass Effect - Rated: T - English - Adventure - Chapters: 1 - Words: 5,560 - Reviews: 1 - Favs: 5 - Follows: 13 - Published: 2/23 - Shadow Broker, Aethyta, Ardat-Yakshi, OC
Mass Effect: Interstellar by TheLadyOfGrimm reviews
Imagine awakening from death in a universe coated with blood and war. Each step you take meets with another enemy. Another firefight. Each step I take? Just another step closer to my demise.
Mass Effect - Rated: T - English - Adventure/Sci-Fi - Chapters: 1 - Words: 2,173 - Reviews: 5 - Favs: 9 - Follows: 19 - Published: 2/20 - Shepard (F), Garrus V., U. Wrex, OC
Another Realm VI: Chevalier by Katkiller-V reviews
One war has ended, another has begun, and the complications seem to never bloody end. If I'm not dealing with relationship problems, I'm dealing with leadership problems... and just when both of those look like they're settled, I get to be thrown head-first into the bloody waters of Terminus politics. Dammit, but some days I really just want to leave all of this to someone else.
Mass Effect - Rated: T - English - Sci-Fi/Adventure - Chapters: 5 - Words: 24,678 - Reviews: 69 - Favs: 57 - Follows: 58 - Updated: 4h - Published: 2/20 - Liara T'Soni, Miranda L., Aria T'Loak, Aethyta
Insert Obligatory Physics Joke Here R2 by Chris7221 reviews
Revived, revised, and reworked for 2016 with DNA from Emergence, Extinction, and other top-tier fics. Four internet friends end up in the weird and wonderful world of Mass Effect. Follow a bad engineer, a pretentious musician, a former soldier, and Sandra as they join Shepard on her mission to save the galaxy. There'll be swords! You'll like it!
Mass Effect - Rated: T - English - Humor/Parody - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,150 - Reviews: 4 - Favs: 8 - Follows: 9 - Published: 2/16 - Shepard (F), OC
Watchers by lPriime reviews
I don't know what happened or how it did. All I knew was that I was not where I was supposed to be. Things were... different with myself as well. As I tried to figure out what happened, I am pulled into a fight for survival of the entire galaxy. Will I survive? Probably not. But I sure hell won't go quietly.
Mass Effect - Rated: T - English - Sci-Fi/Adventure - Chapters: 2 - Words: 6,395 - Reviews: 7 - Favs: 10 - Follows: 30 - Updated: 2/16 - Published: 2/14 - Shepard (F), Garrus V., Ashley W., OC
Awake by The Blocked Writer reviews
I woke up in a glass tank, stuck in a body that definitely wasn't mine, and that was just the first few minutes. Naturally it all pretty much went downhill from there.
Mass Effect - Rated: T - English - Sci-Fi/Adventure - Chapters: 2 - Words: 11,277 - Reviews: 42 - Favs: 50 - Follows: 106 - Updated: 2/18 - Published: 2/14 - OC
Fulcrum Effect by Skarlath reviews
Waking up on Eden Prime in the middle of Saren's attack was bad enough without the migraine - and that's not even mentioning the other complications. What is going on? This is supposed to be a videogame! Self insert.
Mass Effect - Rated: T - English - Sci-Fi/Adventure - Chapters: 3 - Words: 5,474 - Reviews: 18 - Favs: 17 - Follows: 49 - Updated: 2/25 - Published: 2/11 - Shepard (F), Nihlus K., OC
The Occupation by Raulius reviews
The average world of an average college student shatters and threatens to end when humanity is faced with an enemy no one expected was real. Can he survive the next few months with both his life and mind intact? "No matter how hard you try, you can't save them all."
Mass Effect - Rated: K+ - English - Tragedy/Angst - Chapters: 1 - Words: 2,297 - Reviews: 1 - Favs: 1 - Follows: 3 - Published: 1/14 - D. Anderson, OC
Mass Effect: The Fugue by KidSpectre reviews
An amnesic man suddenly shows up in the world of Mass Effect with no recollection of his past nor how he got there. How will he affect the events of the world he is in and how will it effect the world he left behind? Takes place during the events of Mass Effect 1.
Mass Effect - Rated: T - English - Adventure/Sci-Fi - Chapters: 2 - Words: 14,025 - Reviews: 5 - Favs: 14 - Follows: 24 - Updated: 1/23 - Published: 1/14 - Shepard (F), OC
Mass Prelude by Houston'sProblem reviews
When a multiverse-spanning AI whispers of destruction, a young security guard must leap from her comfort zone to join a loosely united band of soldiers in their effort to save the galaxy from assured destruction. She just hopes the crew can keep from killing each other long enough for them to succeed. (FemShep/Kaiden, OC/Garrus, possibly more)
Mass Effect - Rated: T - English - Adventure/Humor - Chapters: 4 - Words: 7,067 - Reviews: 2 - Favs: 8 - Follows: 16 - Updated: 1/12 - Published: 12/31/2016 - Shepard (F), Garrus V., OC
Windfall by AnguishCO reviews
Lucas is eighteen and trying to find his way in the world. When a normal holiday evening goes awry, his family is attacked then brought to his fathers research facility. Tragedy ensues. Now alone and enlisted he can only hope for one thing. Windfall.
Mass Effect - Rated: T - English - Adventure/Sci-Fi - Chapters: 1 - Words: 4,526 - Reviews: 4 - Favs: 8 - Follows: 20 - Published: 12/22/2016 - Shepard (F), OC
As Luck Will Have It by jjpdn reviews
What's the odds of rolling three 6's in a row? 1 out of 216. What about the chances of tripping so hard you create a wormhole in the fabric of space? Lemme tell you, it's not even small number. IT'S ZERO. Sad thing is... I'm not even surprised anymore when this 'zero' happens to me more times than the 1/216. Welcome to my life, where everything is so coincidental it's stupid.
Mass Effect - Rated: T - English - Adventure/Sci-Fi - Chapters: 2 - Words: 2,766 - Reviews: 5 - Favs: 7 - Follows: 14 - Updated: 12/20/2016 - Published: 12/12/2016
From How This Galaxy Turns by LyricalJelly reviews
Look, I expected a lot of things after my death but being reincarnated as Shepard isn't one of them. But I played Mass Effect.. so I should know what to expect right? WRONG. I should have known better than to expect smooth sailing in living in this galaxy. (Mom did always used to warn me about being so carefree...) -An SI OC fic. UNDER REWRITE!
Mass Effect - Rated: T - English - Adventure/Humor - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,241 - Reviews: 6 - Favs: 17 - Follows: 31 - Published: 11/20/2016 - Shepard (F), OC
Unexpected by LeShyWolf reviews
By sheer chance- a chance that resembled a glittered turd- something changed. Gears were shifted, the world froze and the universe decided to throw me a platter, serving an unfathomable realm with blue aliens, a perilous job in Chora's Den, Geth and, eventually Commander Shepard.
Mass Effect - Rated: T - English - Drama/Fantasy - Chapters: 2 - Words: 10,741 - Reviews: 6 - Favs: 25 - Follows: 42 - Updated: 11/21/2016 - Published: 11/3/2016 - OC
Masses to Masses: Redux by iNf3ctioNz reviews
The year is 2181; two years before the events of the Mass Effect trilogy, a chance encounter on our Earth leads a rash, young student to a job in C-Sec's contraband division. Ian Shaw will have to face the worst of the Citadel's criminal underbelly, all while trying to piece together a new life, a way home, and an unlikely partnership with a turian he knows far too much about.
Mass Effect - Rated: T - English - Crime/Adventure - Chapters: 4 - Words: 11,711 - Reviews: 70 - Favs: 93 - Follows: 148 - Updated: 12/17/2016 - Published: 11/1/2016 - Garrus V., Executor Pallin
Mass Luck by daReaper02 reviews
The fact that I was lucky enough to get reincarnated helps with dying. A new chance in a new world am I right? Of course, this new chance would be a lot less stressful if I didn't have to worry about the Reapers coming along and destroying it. I guess I'm going to have to help Shepard out with that won't I? Probably gonna have to, especially since I'm her sibling.
Mass Effect - Rated: T - English - Sci-Fi/Adventure - Chapters: 4 - Words: 7,735 - Reviews: 20 - Favs: 34 - Follows: 74 - Updated: 1/21 - Published: 10/30/2016 - Shepard (F), D. Anderson, Hannah S., OC
Lightning Blades by CarnagexElite reviews
To the right person, a place like the Mass Effect universe is ripe for the picking. Success, strife and everything in between must be navigated in order to prepare for the ultimate threat; safety is an illusion. To hell with Shepard, you want to survive? You do it your own way, be a leader, not a lackey.
Mass Effect - Rated: T - English - Adventure/Sci-Fi - Chapters: 2 - Words: 16,486 - Reviews: 18 - Favs: 52 - Follows: 84 - Updated: 11/13/2016 - Published: 9/27/2016
Normal Normandy by Jaeme reviews
Thrown into a world I know everything about, obviously it's my destiny to save everyone. Unfortunately for me, real life is not as easy as it seems. With no combat abilities and little-to-no real-life skills, how on earth can I make a difference in this story? OC, Self-Insert, ME2 start.
Mass Effect - Rated: T - English - Humor/Hurt/Comfort - Chapters: 9 - Words: 24,728 - Reviews: 30 - Favs: 73 - Follows: 130 - Updated: 2/8 - Published: 9/8/2016 - Shepard (F), Garrus V., Miranda L., Jack
The Swaggering Effect by Luminatrix reviews
Upon encountering an alien ship, James gets flung into the future where the mass effect games are not so fictional as he thought. He didn't know what drugs he was tripping from but he did know that if the Reapers ever did come, he would do his utmost damnest to shove a big stick up their collective asses. This is a self-insert story of a young man who strives to change the future.
Mass Effect - Rated: T - English - Humor/Sci-Fi - Chapters: 3 - Words: 12,764 - Reviews: 21 - Favs: 64 - Follows: 94 - Updated: 8/15/2016 - Published: 8/7/2016 - Shepard (F), Tali'Zorah, OC
Mass Effect: As Time Unfolds by tomce795 reviews
When a man gets thrown into a seemingly impossible situation. Will he panic and possibly kill himself or will he man up and go on an adventure of a lifetime? No pairings currently planned. (Yes, this is another SI, I know how you must feel.)
Mass Effect - Rated: T - English - Humor/Adventure - Chapters: 13 - Words: 34,909 - Reviews: 28 - Favs: 23 - Follows: 43 - Updated: 2/12 - Published: 7/29/2016 - Garrus V., Shepard (M), A. Bailey, OC
Trouble with Transdimensional Travel by Pelinal-Whitestrake reviews
The first thing I did was question my sanity. The second thing, was to make a checklist so I could survive... and the third thing? Prepare for the inevitable oncoming storm. OCI/SI fic. Co-written with LeShyWolf
Mass Effect - Rated: T - English - Sci-Fi/Adventure - Chapters: 3 - Words: 12,877 - Reviews: 17 - Favs: 36 - Follows: 62 - Updated: 8/1/2016 - Published: 7/18/2016 - OC
Mass Effect - Dream is Escape by White Scourge reviews
Dreams used to fulfill, right? And when it happens, what do you do? Do you realize that nothing is easy? Do you realize, when you move into another universe, you already had a life in that universe? I did. And now, I have to live with it. With the memories of my past and today's life. PreME1-PostME3. Rated T for obvious reasons, may be changed. Main OC is SI. Pairings are decided.
Mass Effect - Rated: T - English - Adventure/Sci-Fi - Chapters: 27 - Words: 84,663 - Reviews: 33 - Favs: 45 - Follows: 70 - Updated: 12/28/2016 - Published: 6/30/2016 - Shepard (F), Garrus V., Tali'Zorah, OC
Isolation Effect: A Challenge by Nicogen reviews
"I'm surrounded by such wondrous people and sights. I'm the first Human on this beautiful station, what the other races call the 'Citadel'.But I can't help but feel alone. They all call me friend but i just can't help it. It's just not the same as talking to another human being! But it can't be helped it just can't. Sigh, date at Human calendar standard of May 16, 2016." end log.
Mass Effect - Rated: T - English - Drama/Hurt/Comfort - Chapters: 1 - Words: 242 - Reviews: 4 - Favs: 3 - Follows: 3 - Published: 5/16/2016
Finding Ourselves by Bl4ckHunter reviews
There was a time when I stopped believing that I could afford to be close to people, to care about someone; have friends, family… because in the end, they all get hurt. For some time I have kept my distance from my brother, my friends… I had thought I was a monster, until my best friend and her lover helped me find myself again. This is my chance to repay them, in a way...
Mass Effect - Rated: T - English - Adventure/Drama - Chapters: 42 - Words: 101,738 - Reviews: 3 - Favs: 5 - Follows: 8 - Updated: 2/21 - Published: 5/3/2016 - [Ashley W., Shepard (M)] OC
Mass Foundations: A New Day by Nord Ronnoc reviews
Eric Grimes, a high school graduate, was somehow transported to the Mass Effect universe while on vacation. The events of the franchise have yet to occur, and he was as helpless to alter them as the next person. Seeing no other choice, he'll have to find a way to survive through Saren's incursion, the Collector abductions, and the Reaper War—or die while doing something useful.
Mass Effect - Rated: T - English - Sci-Fi/Adventure - Chapters: 5 - Words: 24,941 - Reviews: 5 - Favs: 14 - Follows: 19 - Updated: 12/9/2016 - Published: 4/12/2016 - OC
332 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »