Home Community Cartoons Legend of Korra the thief and the airbender
the thief and the airbender
Follow .
Focus: Cartoons Legend of Korra, Since: 02-12-14
Founder: words-with-dragons - Stories: 128 - Followers: 12 - id: 112727
"Actually, we're doing fine." A community dedicated to the pairing Kai/Jinora, otherwise known as Kainora.

Somewhere Over The Rainbow by words-with-dragons reviews
Sequel to No One Mourns The Wicked. 17 years after leaving Oz, Kai and Jinora's eldest daughter Kotta travels back to uncover the truth of her parents' mysterious pasts. Both old and new friends are made, but so are enemies, and no matter what, you can't escape the past. [Kai/Jinora] [OC/OC]. co-written with spiritypowers
Legend of Korra - Rated: T - English - Romance/Family - Chapters: 7 - Words: 23,412 - Reviews: 1 - Favs: 9 - Follows: 6 - Updated: 2/10/2016 - Published: 2/9/2016 - [Kai, Jinora] OC
Spur of the Moment by boasamishipper reviews
Jinora feels bad for trying to live a happy, fulfilling life while her heart still belongs to a dead man. Final installment in the Spurs 'verse.
Legend of Korra - Rated: T - English - Western/Family - Chapters: 1 - Words: 18,356 - Reviews: 7 - Favs: 10 - Follows: 1 - Published: 1/17/2016 - [Kai, Jinora] Korra, OC - Complete
sometimes you hear the bullet by boasamishipper reviews
Dear Yung, there's a lull at last after almost four straight days of meatball surgery. That's eighty-five hours of sewing kids together; kids that look more at home behind a desk rather than a rifle. If this keeps up, I'm thinking of asking the army for a raise. / War is hell and seemingly endless. Yet, when Dr. Kai Wen meets Dr. Jinora Gyatso, everything goes uphill from there.
Legend of Korra - Rated: T - English - Romance/Drama - Chapters: 15 - Words: 99,010 - Reviews: 59 - Favs: 22 - Follows: 29 - Updated: 10/11 - Published: 12/28/2015 - [Kai, Jinora]
Compass by words-with-dragons reviews
SEQUEL TO ANCHOR. There are nothing but stormy seas ahead for Kai and Jinora, with her disapproving father, an unexpected addition to the crew, and Kuvira capturing and jailing more pirates than ever. Now, the only compass Kai and Jinora have to guide them home is each other. [Kai/Jinora] Rated T for language and mentions of abuse
Legend of Korra - Rated: T - English - Romance/Hurt/Comfort - Chapters: 24 - Words: 126,825 - Reviews: 126 - Favs: 48 - Follows: 58 - Updated: 8/3 - Published: 11/30/2015 - [Jinora, Kai] Tenzin, Yung
Keep a Spur Handy by boasamishipper reviews
[That cowboy had heartbreak written all over him and she'd be damned if she knew why every time he blew into town she ended up naked before he ended up gone. Kai Wen always ended up gone.] Or, the Kainora Western!AU.
Legend of Korra - Rated: T - English - Western/Tragedy - Chapters: 1 - Words: 5,036 - Reviews: 6 - Favs: 15 - Follows: 1 - Published: 7/26/2015 - [Jinora, Kai] Skoochy - Complete
The Things They Carried by boasamishipper reviews
Kai is a soldier in the United Forces, stationed at Fort Bosco. Jinora is the daughter of a Republic City councilman. Through an Adopt-a-Soldier program intended to raise the morale of homesick soldiers, they begin to send letters to each other and their relationship grows from pen pals to something neither of them expected.
Legend of Korra - Rated: T - English - Hurt/Comfort/Romance - Chapters: 1 - Words: 9,885 - Reviews: 10 - Favs: 28 - Follows: 5 - Published: 10/24/2015 - [Kai, Jinora] Bolin, Skoochy - Complete
ships in the night by words-with-dragons reviews
A collection of oneshots and drabbles set aboard The Waterbender and beyond. Companion fic to "Anchor" [Kai/Jinora] / Chapter 13: Kai runs off in Paradise. Yung runs after him. /
Legend of Korra - Rated: T - English - Romance/Friendship - Chapters: 13 - Words: 26,091 - Reviews: 17 - Favs: 13 - Follows: 13 - Updated: 3/17/2016 - Published: 9/3/2015 - [Kai, Jinora] Zaheer, Yung
Seize the Day by spiritypowers reviews
When the newsboys of Republic City are unable to afford the price raise, Kai Fong organizes a strike. Jinora, a new reporter on the scene, follows the events of the strike by the byline of Jinora Wen. But as the strike leader and the reporter grow closer, lines are crossed. The truth comes out one way or another, and they both know how much words can hurt. / A Kainora Newsies AU
Legend of Korra - Rated: T - English - Romance/Friendship - Chapters: 10 - Words: 18,899 - Reviews: 10 - Favs: 11 - Follows: 16 - Updated: 4/19/2016 - Published: 8/30/2015 - [Kai, Jinora] Mako, Skoochy
A Whole New World by spiritypowers reviews
His name was once inconsequential, an inaudible cough in the ears of anyone remotely important. At least, until both a princess and a lamp came along. / Kainora Aladdin AU
Legend of Korra - Rated: K+ - English - Fantasy/Romance - Chapters: 6 - Words: 15,609 - Reviews: 6 - Favs: 9 - Follows: 11 - Updated: 8/17/2015 - Published: 8/2/2015 - [Jinora, Kai]
Anchor by words-with-dragons reviews
"Shut up Captain." He grinned at her. "Make me, Gyatso." / He's a pirate. She's his hostage. A simple ransom deal. What could go wrong? The answer: everything. Aboard The Waterbender, a pirate Captain and a woman of high-society are going to find the last thing they ever expected. [Kai/Jinora] Rated T for some violence, abuse, coarse language and sexual tension.
Legend of Korra - Rated: T - English - Romance/Hurt/Comfort - Chapters: 31 - Words: 116,313 - Reviews: 192 - Favs: 97 - Follows: 68 - Updated: 11/7/2015 - Published: 7/24/2015 - [Kai, Jinora] Zaheer, Yung - Complete
Just Keep Swimming by words-with-dragons reviews
Kai lives in a sleepy little fishing village and can't wait to leave at the end of summer. Until he meets a mermaid named Jinora, that is. / AU mermaid!Jinora/Kai.
Legend of Korra - Rated: T - English - Romance - Chapters: 1 - Words: 3,871 - Reviews: 6 - Favs: 23 - Follows: 5 - Published: 7/4/2015 - [Jinora, Kai] - Complete
Love Like You by spiritypowers reviews
Kainora oneshots, scattered over the course of their lives. No matter where they are or what they go through, they know they're in it together. / based on Kainora Shipaversary 2k15 prompts, includes modern AUs
Legend of Korra - Rated: K+ - English - Friendship/Romance - Chapters: 3 - Words: 4,504 - Reviews: 10 - Favs: 10 - Follows: 6 - Updated: 7/4/2015 - Published: 6/27/2015 - [Jinora, Kai]
every little thing she does is magic by words-with-dragons reviews
A companion fic of drabbles and oneshots all within the "No One Mourns The Wicked" AU. Co-written with spiritypowers. Rated T for some suggestive/intense situations. Can feature some OCs. [Kai/Jinora]
Legend of Korra - Rated: T - English - Romance - Chapters: 5 - Words: 14,253 - Reviews: 4 - Favs: 11 - Follows: 7 - Updated: 10/14/2015 - Published: 6/19/2015 - [Jinora, Kai] OC
No One Mourns The Wicked by words-with-dragons reviews
Except for him. / Based off the musical Wicked, Jinora is the outcast due to her peculiar green complexion. Kai is the rich heartthrob, unwittingly paired as her roommate at Shiz University. From loathing to friendship, the two find themselves presented with choices, and having to live with the consequences of their actions. [Kai/Jinora] Co-written with spiritypowers
Legend of Korra - Rated: T - English - Romance/Fantasy - Chapters: 22 - Words: 70,159 - Reviews: 51 - Favs: 31 - Follows: 25 - Updated: 9/20/2015 - Published: 5/22/2015 - [Jinora, Kai] Earth Queen Hou-Ting - Complete
falling backwards by words-with-dragons reviews
"I've always been afraid of heights, of falling backwards." - Pluto, Sleeping At Last. / modern au based on a tumblr post where Jinora's a fashion model and Kai's the photography student who happens to land a gig at one of her photo shoots. [Kai/Jinora]
Legend of Korra - Rated: K+ - English - Romance/Friendship - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,666 - Reviews: 6 - Favs: 20 - Follows: 5 - Published: 5/9/2015 - [Jinora, Kai] - Complete
light carries on endlessly by words-with-dragons reviews
Light carries on endlessly, even after death." - Saturn, Sleeping At Last. / They won. But at what cost? An AU of the Book 4 finale, in which Kai doesn't survive. [Kai/Jinora] Rated T for safety.
Legend of Korra - Rated: T - English - Romance/Tragedy - Chapters: 1 - Words: 6,580 - Reviews: 13 - Favs: 21 - Follows: 8 - Published: 4/17/2015 - [Jinora, Kai] - Complete
the part of me i can't explain by words-with-dragons reviews
She breaks right through the heart of me. / Kai cuts a deal with the Red Lotus to go undercover. Simple, right? Wrong. [Kai/Jinora] AU of season 3, oneshot. Happy birthday kyaifire!
Legend of Korra - Rated: K+ - English - Romance/Hurt/Comfort - Chapters: 1 - Words: 2,023 - Reviews: 3 - Favs: 9 - Follows: 5 - Published: 4/15/2015 - [Jinora, Kai] - Complete
i'm the paper you're the pen by words-with-dragons reviews
"And I'm gonna love you, til you start looking back." - Bright Lights and Cityscapes, Sara Barielles. Kai and Jinora are a pair of writers who team up to write a novel. It's easier said than done, especially when they're falling for each other at the same time. [Kai/Jinora] Oneshot. for spiritypowers
Legend of Korra - Rated: T - English - Romance/Friendship - Chapters: 1 - Words: 2,543 - Reviews: 6 - Favs: 32 - Follows: 3 - Published: 4/3/2015 - [Jinora, Kai] - Complete
broken hearts still have a heartbeat by words-with-dragons reviews
There's only one thing worse than a boy who hates you: a boy who loves you. / Based off "The Book Thief" by Markus Zusak. [Kai/Jinora]
Legend of Korra - Rated: T - English - Romance/Tragedy - Chapters: 1 - Words: 4,010 - Reviews: 12 - Favs: 20 - Follows: 4 - Published: 3/24/2015 - [Jinora, Kai] Korra, Chief Lin Beifong - Complete
still on my string by words-with-dragons reviews
"According to legend there is red string tied around someone's pinky finger that connects you to your soulmate, and although the string can get knotted or tangled, it can never break." AU The Equalist revolution took a lot longer to unfold. A 16 year old Jinora was captured for blackmail. When a thief turned Equalist nonbender, Kai, is in charge of her imprisonment, however... k/j
Legend of Korra - Rated: T - English - Romance/Angst - Chapters: 6 - Words: 23,265 - Reviews: 60 - Favs: 62 - Follows: 80 - Updated: 7/5/2015 - Published: 3/5/2015 - [Jinora, Kai] Korra, OC
Kainora Week 2015 by GeorgiaDawg99 reviews
A collection of short stories and drabbles of Kainora based off of the prompts for 2015. The prompts are Celebration, Books, Together Forever, Those Three Years, Air Temple Island, Dates, and Spirituality. Enjoy and let me know what you think!
Legend of Korra - Rated: K+ - English - Romance - Chapters: 5 - Words: 5,615 - Reviews: 2 - Favs: 5 - Follows: 4 - Updated: 4/25/2015 - Published: 2/27/2015
Reunion, A Kainora Story by GeorgiaDawg99 reviews
KAINORA. So, for those of you who watched Book 4 of Legend of Korra and noticed the lack of a Kainora reunion, y'all weren't the only ones upset about it. So, I went ahead and wrote my version of their unseen reunion. I hope y'all enjoy it! PLEASE REVIEW.
Legend of Korra - Rated: K+ - English - Romance - Chapters: 1 - Words: 776 - Reviews: 5 - Favs: 9 - Follows: 2 - Published: 2/3/2015
the only one by words-with-dragons reviews
"And I know you're gonna be away a while, but I've got no plans at all to leave." - One, Ed Sheeran. / After three long years of collecting airbenders in the Fire Nation, an 18 year old Jinora is coming home. She broke up with Kai before she left though, and she hasn't talked to him since. With three years of hurt between them, can they ever close the distance? [Kai/Jinora]
Legend of Korra - Rated: T - English - Romance/Hurt/Comfort - Chapters: 1 - Words: 5,399 - Reviews: 8 - Favs: 27 - Follows: 3 - Published: 2/20/2015 - [Jinora, Kai] Tenzin, Pema - Complete
you must be my once in a lifetime by words-with-dragons reviews
"You must be my once in a lifetime." - Once In A Lifetime, Landon Austin. / Ten years, nine snapshots, two people, one love. [Kai/Jinora] Happy Valentine's Day!
Legend of Korra - Rated: K+ - English - Romance/Friendship - Chapters: 1 - Words: 2,400 - Reviews: 6 - Favs: 21 - Follows: 4 - Published: 2/14/2015 - [Jinora, Kai] Tenzin - Complete
i'm not bulletproof when it comes to you by words-with-dragons reviews
Fragments of love, loss and life, between two survivors in a nightmare of a world. Set before, during and after "Shots In The Dark". [Kai/Jinora] Rated T for language/violence.
Legend of Korra - Rated: T - English - Romance/Hurt/Comfort - Chapters: 2 - Words: 1,596 - Reviews: 4 - Favs: 9 - Follows: 12 - Updated: 2/14/2015 - Published: 2/12/2015 - [Jinora, Kai]
118 | Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »