personal information when you use FanFiction.Net services.
- FanFiction.Net may collect information about the device (which includes web browsers, mobile phones, computers or other internet connected devices)
you use to access
FanFiction.Net services. This log
information may include but not limited to your internet protocol address, device info, date and time of
your query and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your device. We use this
information to operate, develop and improve our services.
- Some of our services require you to register for an account and provide some personal information (typically a user name, email address and password).
We do not share your personal information with companies, organizations, or individuals outside of
outside of FanFiction.Net except for the following cases:
- We have your consent.
- For external processing: We may provide personal information to affiliates and other trusted
businesses or persons to process it for us, based on our instructions and in compliance with our
we use service providers to help with customer support.
- For legal reasons: We may provide personal information when we have a good-faith believe that
access, use, preservation, or disclosure
of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- Meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable government request.
- Enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues.
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of FanFiction.Net, our
users, or the public
as required or permitted by law.
- We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized
alteration, disclosure or destruction of data.
- When applicable, we use industry standard encryption to protect the communication between all
compatible devices and our services.
- We restrict access to your personally identifying information to site staffs who need to know
that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services.
Updating your information
- We provide mechanisms for updating and correcting your personally identifying information for
many of our services. For more information, please see the help pages for each service.
Third-party Advertisers, Technology Partners, External Links
FanFiction.Net allows other companies, called third-party ad networks, to
serve advertisements within FanFiction.Net. These third-party ad networks
use technology to send, directly to your device, the advertisements and links that appear
on FanFiction.Net. They automatically receive your IP address when this happens.
FanFiction.Net allows other companies, called Technology Partners, to
to provide analytics or other contracted work to augment the FanFiction.Net service.
They automatically receive your IP address when this happens.
You should consult the respective privacy policies of these third-party ad networks and technology
for more information on their practices and for instructions on how to opt-out of certain
practices. Any data obtained by third-party ad networks or technology partners
subsequently shared with FanFiction.Net is maintained and dealt with
activities of, external web sites/services. For example, links to external websites/services not
affiliated with FanFiction.Net.
Last Updated Feb 12, 2019