Reviews for The Promise
LittleSneaker chapter 3 . 7/18/2018
I thought I reviewed this story, when I originally read it four years ago. Yes, it’s been FOUR YEARS! But I don’t see a review that looks like it’s from me. If you plan on continuing this and I hope you do, because it’s really great, I hope the next chapter is set immediately after the events of chapter one. The biggest question I have, that is driving me nuts, is how Anna and Elsa got separated and got to Dunbroch and Corona. I kinda remember you having a poll somewhere about what chapter people wanted next, but that one wasn’t getting enough votes. That’s the part that driving me nuts though and I can’t stop thinking about it, I clicked through to chapter 3 and it’s still the biggest question I have. I don’t even care why there are 2 Elsa’s, I just want to know what happens immediately after chapter one. PLEASE?!
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 3 . 3/25/2014
A moving bit of work from the beginning, as you elaborate on the relationship we saw them sharing in the original film and progressing into a dramatic twist, as children are put into a desperate situation only to be subsequently separated.
Your exploration of Elsa and Anna’s childhood bond is handled superbly, their fundamental innocence and childish simplicity quickly shifting to their desire to protect each other as Weselton mounts its’ attack, and their adversary is also superbly presented as a man who not only enjoys his job, but actually enjoys the potential challenge of an interesting fight with adult foes (Which may either redeem him slightly as he doesn’t want to just kill children, or makes him a bigger git for leaving people alive just to kill them later).
The jump forward was a bit of a shift, but Elsa and Anna’s new lives raised more than enough interesting questions to make up for it (Particularly how Elsa could be in two places at once with such drastically different personalities), Anna settling in as one of the Coronan royal family while Elsa seems to be getting along well with Merida (The other one is clearly something else, as I find it hard to imagine anyone capturing and brainwashing the ‘real’ Elsa while leaving a copy wandering about).
Hope you’re going to continue this story soon; it has FAR too much potential to be left as it is (Particularly with the question of where the other Elsa came from, or what will happen when any of the three meet each other)…
NoblePlatypus chapter 3 . 3/11/2014
Wait two Elsa's? O.o
This chapter answered most of my question for the previous chapter.
Thank you again for this awesome update!
NoblePlatypus chapter 2 . 3/11/2014
Thank you for another awesome chapter. The suspense in this chapter before re introducing Elsa and Anna was overwhelming. So if Anna was adopted by the King and Queen of Corona and Elsa was obviously adopted by the king and queen of DunBroch, then what kingdom is Elsa in, because she is also princess to Tobias, is Tobias a servant to Merida's family? The Kingdom of Arendelle burned did it not, or is that the new home for Merida and her family?
NoblePlatypus chapter 1 . 3/11/2014
-ugly sobbing-
That was the most depressing thing i have ever read. That's one way to start off a story, but I hope you didn't abandon this story, leaving the readers to suffer...please update.
Frozen.addiction chapter 3 . 3/1/2014
Omg amazing story can't wait for the next chapter
Hei-Feng chapter 3 . 2/24/2014
This fanfic is beyond amazing. I love how deep the characters are and how the story is going so far. The whole thing with having two Elsa's is really interesting, and I wonder what is going on. I really like the Elsa in arendelle though; I'd love to see how she would react to seeing Anna.
Guest chapter 3 . 2/24/2014
This story is amazing! I am in love with the absolute genius of it all. The detail, the elegantly done crossovers (though I have no idea who Alexis is). I just love it all. I've read like 15 fics for this fandom and this is the best by far. It's such a guilty pleasure ( elsanna) but stories like this make it worth it. Update soon and keep up the awesomeness!
Spooths chapter 3 . 2/15/2014
So why are there two Elsa's. did she get split in half or something? Or is one of them just someone called Elsa? Because I'm really confused. One Elsa has been psychologically manipulated into a murdering psychopath, and is currently in Arendelle (I think) and is about to be crowned, and the other is more or less normal and has been adopted by some king in some other country. And they both have some telepathic dream connection to Anna who is some sort of magical ninja with the group of peopke she originally escaped with. And both Elsa's control ice powers as well.

So I'm pretty sure that is all correct, but I am really confused as to why there are two of Elsa. Could you maybe elaborate on that; or rather, explain it at all?

Thoroughly Confused and Mystified, Yet Entirelt Intrigued:
-Shtoops
Dhampire12 chapter 3 . 2/6/2014
Really good:) Can't wait to read the next chapter!
AimeBun chapter 4 . 2/3/2014
I just really want to know how the 2 Elsa's came to be. I kinda want to see the 2 sisters be reunited though (not the mean one), it would b sweet. :) I think you are doing great so far though and I hope that school and other life stuff is going well ;D
Yntl chapter 4 . 2/3/2014
I wanna know who Alexis is, so continue story where chapter 3 ended and throw in a flashback so we can get to know this new character. Don't skip 2 weeks cause I feel like we would be missing out on too much.. Elsa training to become that guard and vise verca and Anna getting ready with Alexis etc.

Or if you make chapter 4 about Anna and the two Elsa's, maybe you can have chapter 5 continue where you stopped chapter 3, but that would be too much of a mess. So I say you just continue this and expand a little on Alexis and fill in those blanks and then have chapter 5 about the two Elsa before the go to Arendelle and maybe all meet each other? idk what you're gonna do with that so, just saying..
Yui chapter 1 . 1/29/2014
HOLY S*& CHAPTER 1! OMFG OMFG! WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO ME! argh... This is more tragic than in the movie TT please let it be happier in chapter 2 .
JPElles chapter 1 . 1/28/2014
Great story. Like it so far. Having the mother live just a little longer. Maybe still dieing later on. Might have added something more to it I feel though.
Tune x Wolf chapter 3 . 1/27/2014
I like how u divide the sections off. Its easier to follow who is being read about. Great chapter and I am once again intrigued with the dark Elsa.