Reviews for Blind Draw
hester4418 chapter 1 . 4/16/2014
I'd say that was a flawlessly executed response to the request. Both Kathryn and Tom are perfectly in character, and the way they quickly come to trust each other through careful observation is very believable. You picked a succession of very interesting scenes which I never really thought about but could easily see happening just like this. Great story!
HerMamma chapter 1 . 3/8/2014
Quite beautiful, thank you!
VR chapter 1 . 2/5/2014
Thanks so much for posting, wonderful story, charachters fit, love the plot!
TheNaggingCube chapter 1 . 1/12/2014
Quite a nice job reading more into the first episode than we were given.
KJaneway115 chapter 1 . 1/10/2014
Very cool story. I really enjoyed how you filled in the pieces of Caretaker, and explored Tom's reactions as well as the beginning of his relationship with Janeway. I especially liked the conversation about Harry and also the end, where you see Tom's reaction to destroying the array and the reflection on how different his thoughts about it are from other crew members. As always, insightful and in character.
Juddysbuddy chapter 1 . 1/9/2014
Wonderful! Loved this. Thank you for writing.
tayababy chapter 1 . 1/8/2014
Wow, an interesting take on Caretaker, but yet something I could totally see happening. Well done :)
Katthryn chapter 1 . 1/8/2014
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this! I can't even pick a favorite line, they're all great ones. I wish we had been able to see more character building moments like this when Voyager was on TV. Perfectly and brilliantly done indeed! :)
quantumsilver chapter 1 . 1/8/2014
Excellent fill-in of moments unseen, D. Great character development, too.
DeltaCat chapter 1 . 1/8/2014
I love your Janeway especially here. The scenes are so believable. What a great story. Already looking forward to your next one! Thanks for posting it. :)
Vestal Virgin chapter 1 . 1/7/2014
"Guest chapter 1
Beautifully paced, tight prose! I love the kindred spirits between J & P. A wonderful story!"

Sorry, I didn't realize I wasn't signed in at the time. That "Guest" review was from me. :)
Alpha Flyer chapter 1 . 1/7/2014
Well. Where do I start?
"Kathryn begins to wonder how many other personas this man can pull on at will."
"A shadow of a smile crosses his lips and his nod is not only an acknowledgment of her question but also of her decision to keep her distance."
"She sips at her coffee – mercifully unadulterated this time though the temperature still needs some work – and considers asking him how he's faring with the crew. But that would be to admit that it matters, that this little detour of theirs might well last more than a few days, and that is a concession that Kathryn Janeway is not yet ready to make."

Economy and precision of language in the service of brilliant characterization is only the beginning of what I adore about this incredibly precious gift. Capturing that period of rapprochement at the beginning - the birth of trust between Captain and pilot - is what I had hoped for with that prompt, and you delivered all that and more, beautifully and profoundly. I am in awe.

Thank you.
CrlkSeasons chapter 1 . 1/7/2014
Delicately drawn, deeply insightful - lovely.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/7/2014
Photogirl1890 chapter 1 . 1/7/2014
This is a prime example of 'size matters not'. It's much more substantial in content than the word count would suggest - not a word wasted. I love how you portrayed Janeway's curiosity towards Tom, Tom's enthusiasm for being back in space and flying. All these little missing scenes fit in wonderfully to the episode (I know: I've watched, paused the dvd, read, and resumed : ) ) and next time I watch it through I'll have this in mind. If I had to pick a favourite line the 'how to burn bridges with a vengeance' would be up there as well as the last para. Simply great writing.