Reviews for Possibilities
RAGAnne chapter 1 . 5/3
Tom really does read voraciously, doesn't he? I noticed both Harry Potter and Coraline references in his thoughts this time. (There may have been others but it's already past my bedtime so forgive me if I missed something.) And I don't think I've mentioned in any of my other reviews how much I adore Mike Ayala in your stories. I'm sorry to say I don't really remember his character in the series itself but he's wonderful whenever he pops up in your universe.
jamelia116 chapter 1 . 7/12/2014
I love reading stories about the "early days" in the Delta Quadrant. Very enjoyable, as always, AF.
hester4418 chapter 1 . 4/16/2014
That was freaking awesome! The flippant tone throughout was so very "Tom". You certainly nailed the technobabble, and I especially enjoyed all the little asides. Lucky Delwin to have received such an action-packed and thoroughly entertaining story about one of the key moments in Tom's early development aboard Voyager.
point-blank47 chapter 1 . 1/26/2014
Loved it, and especially "... and waits for the inevitable knife, real or figurative, to wedge itself between his shoulder blades." Oh, and the ending. Really liked seeing the crew developing some grudging respect for Tom.

Oh, and I think I first found this fic on my birthday, too, so it was a very nice present, even if unintentional :-)
Guest chapter 1 . 1/12/2014
What a great story! Would have been a wonderful episode to show how Tom was winning people over with his skills.
Anke chapter 1 . 1/12/2014
Loved this fic. I always thought that Starfleet and Maquis mingled far too easy – just a few episodes and you would have thought there had always been a pure Starfleet crew. But at least this nuisance left room for such wonderful fanfics as yours…
Juddysbuddy chapter 1 . 1/10/2014
Loved this so much! Perfect Tom! I enjoyed his thoughts and comments. I also enjoyed seeing how he won Ayala and Torres over. Thanks for writing!
Missyhissy3 chapter 1 . 1/9/2014
I thought this was a great story. So much going on and such subtle and interesting interactions between the characters.
Katthryn chapter 1 . 1/8/2014
I really loved 'hearing' the thoughts going through Tom's mind as they tried to evade the Vidiians. Only Tom, being the exceptional pilot that he is, could follow the acerbic comments spewed at him, while also putting a plan together on the fly to get away from the Vidiians!
Runawaymetaphor chapter 1 . 1/8/2014
"Tom keeps his eyes glued to the forward screen- let professionalism be your shield... and waits for the inevitable knife, real or figurative, to wedge itself between his shoulder blades."

In case you were wondering, that was the line at which I put down my tea and pulled myself into upright reading position, holding my laptop with two hands. Because my friend AF had just sent me her story, and much like Torres in this brilliant, fiery piece, had apparently decided she didn't feel like pulling any ****ing punches.

Win. ;-)
Heather Snow chapter 1 . 1/8/2014
Very nice. I love a story where Tom Paris wins over some of his critics. I like the dawning respect from Ayala and Torres and Janeway.
Delwin chapter 1 . 1/8/2014
Finally getting the chance to get back to this for what is the third read and enjoying having a copy I can copy and paste from as well since FFN has decided to make things difficult :/...

You already know how much I love this piece. Dalby, Torres, Ayala(!) - all so perfectly drawn in so few words with their individual and evolving reactions to Tom.

And then watching Tom himself begin to dig his own self-image out from "To top it all off, as senior bridge officer, Tom is notionally in charge – something that isn’t so much a solution as it is extra provocation, and no surprise there. Hell, he wouldn’t follow himself into an amusement park, let alone into a potential battlefield" to beginning to retrieve a sense of self-worth and, yes, those possibilities by the end.

Then, of course, there is the absolutely luscious and delightful technobabble thrown in - "You’d need to spin that dicosilium of yours into microfilament threads, so you can knit new ones" and the pleasure of Tom's ongoing internal and external banter.

A perfect, satisfying, wonderful gift. One more time: Thank You.
Nana Evans chapter 1 . 1/8/2014
Really liked this one. One of the things I always thought that was missing in the series is how Tom went from the despised by all ex-convict to the respect by almost all pilot. This piece kind of shows how I think he did it.

Oh, and Happy New Year!
Masks and Teapots chapter 1 . 1/8/2014
I always live the quips about Ayala not talking :)

I'd love to hear what he told his Maquis friends after that - the full story, or a hint to lay off Tom for a while?
Photogirl1890 chapter 1 . 1/8/2014
I'm so very glad that you were the one to get this wonderful prompt. I can count on one hand the number of writers that could have really done it justice. Great choice of supporting characters, brilliant technobabble and banter. I loved Tom's musing on defusing Torres, Ayala's realisation at the end, Tom's realisations at the end, just everything about the (highly anticipated) piece.