Reviews for Hogwarts in Middle-earth
Please continue this story it is awesome!
This story is awesome! Please continue it PLEASE!
Ghost Dragon Master chapter 11 . 3/17
This is pretty good. If it is in fact Sirius Black, then why would he be a no named? Does he have partial amnesia? Or are you alluding to the fact that he was disowned by his parents? If he does have his memories it will be one hell of a reunion when Harry arrives.
orionastro chapter 11 . 12/1/2016
very good story so far , i hope that Sirius is, alive , a werewolf , and his son Also, but with Control , even after they shift , I hope you can update soon , Cant hardly wait for the next chapters .
EpicJamsandwich chapter 11 . 8/31/2016
I really like this story. I read some of the reviews and I don't understand why they are so negative. It's great! I thought the elf meeting and misunderstandings was hilarious.

I do wonder about what happened to the centaurs, especially Firenze as he was the Divination teacher after Trelawney. It could have been fun to see their adaption to Middle-Earth but I can understand not wanting to make the story too complicated.

The thought that Sirius could still be alive was a good surprise.

I hope you write more :)
Mattymo153 chapter 3 . 5/23/2016
In good conscious I can't read any more of this luscious deserves death and there is no reason to get him off. It was a very good premise with the whole castle though. Have a good day but I can't read anymore
mattemo153 chapter 7 . 11/28/2015
so this is another great one and i love how harry reacts to the elf lady its pretty much legiminincy sorry cant spell it but the only nitpick here is how would elves know what a vampire is? you say this to describ the (horse vampire things) with the elf brother trying to describe it to the other one
anyways good job!
mattemo153 chapter 6 . 11/28/2015
great idea love the story and i love how flitwick is teaching them and the new wizangmont but i like it being called a council more because i think its more traditional since dark age wise wizards and himans were together and thats what the humans had called there ruling bodies in the dark ages for the most part
also i dont understand why you picked harries form to be essentually a deer it doesnt blend in sure its agile and daddywise too but that it i see him most as a threstral but racen or other flying creature work to or any other wanting to blend in or hide animal
please tell me why you picked his animal and also keep up the good work i look forward to more!
Cillit Bang Bang chapter 11 . 9/22/2015
Hm. This does do a lot of things right. I especially like you actually /getting/ HP magic - creative use of simple spells rather than fire and brimstone. Freezing spells to cool down a balrog (a little bit) and freeze a lake, combat transfiguration, turning trees into obstacles instead of breaking out fiendfyre and no-limits-fallacing AK. That's excellent.

And for the most part (The easy kill of the ringwraith is, uh, questionable, but I can see why you did it - Lucius had to /somehow/ get the ring), both sides of the cross are respected. The Balrog fight was neat - they could drive it off (Sort of... I get the feeling that the Balrog was more surprised and wanted to to reassess the situation, rather than legitimately afraid and in danger), and Gryffindor's sword /hurt/, but no kill there, basilisk poison imbued notwithstanding.

I also like that there are no magical character transformations. Lucius is still Lucius, the Slytherins are still Slytherins, etc.

The prose itself, on the other hand... Well. It's awfully dry. Nowhere near as bad as, let's say, robst, but... Not engaging, either.

You /can/ do better than that. Gandalf's scene was excellent, legitimately alive and enjoyable. He was a joy to read, and even Ginny got a bit of colour in that scene. More of that is desperately needed.

Next. Well. One can tell that you like to occasionally have a go at fanon you're less than fond of ('Point Me' spell). Now, I understand the sentiment and the temptation, but that kind of thing usually comes off as forced. Better not to bother.

Also, I'm kinda disappointed that we don't see the Malfoys' and Notts' economic expansion into Rohan in more detail.

Come to think of it, you'd think an entire village of magic users interacting with Rohan would yield a stronger reaction from the peoples of Middle-Earth than a visit by a random party every few years. Again, I get why the timeline is spread out like that, to establish a genuine wizarding community, rather than shoehorning HP folks into assorted events, but a /slightly/ stronger reaction... Though admittedly, Middle Earth's big players aren't exactly famed for their communications skills.

On the lower level, though? There are those wizards openly interacting with the people of Rohan, doing business with them. A little bit of fluff, about Rohan folks in turn visiting Hogsmeade to do business, maybe even a few staying around, would be nice. It's the kind of thing that over the years, should be pretty much inevitable, tbh.
Darksnider05 chapter 7 . 9/21/2015
Why are they so bad at diplomacy.
Darksnider05 chapter 5 . 9/21/2015
You really don't know how much about Harry Potter magic or how it works. There were weather charms around Hogwarts and a Wizarding economy would be easy to get going from Hogwarts. It's one of the few places uniquely set up to operate independently. All the seeds for magical plants and items are there stocked and ready to go. A huge library with spells for growing non magical crops over night and the like is right there. It's basically a moving a mini town.
Darksnider05 chapter 3 . 9/21/2015
There are more humane ways to kill people than having them killed by the killing curse which is toxic to the casters mind.
Zekariah C.L. Schron chapter 11 . 9/2/2015
This is a pretty amazing story! Keep up the good work. Also Will you be having Harry and the others find this new Black in Gondor,Dale or in a easterling or haradrim village?
Tatieyana chapter 11 . 7/28/2015
Please come back and write some more.
Really like this story. It's very different from the normal
HP/LoTR crossovers and would love to read more.
Guest chapter 11 . 7/19/2015