Reviews for The Red Black
ArwenFairTinuviel chapter 5 . 2/4
I like the playfulness in this chapter between Lily and Sirius and James :) It's really sweet! I understand Lily's reaction to Severus in this chapter, but I still firmly believe that he only called her a Mudblood out of anger and dire humiliation at being bullied for entertainment in front of her, I am convinced that her blood status meant nothing to him. Severus joined Voldemort more for the power and respect it would bring him. He loved Lily to his death; he changed sides to try and save her; he loved her wholeheartedly and only lashed out at her because he was so embarrassed that she saw him looking so weak and pathetic, unable to defend himself from the cruel actions of the Marauders, when he wanted to be worthy of her, someone to admire and love rather than pity. So (coming back to where we started again!) I don't think Severus would act so shallowly as he did in this chapter, but I know what you think of him and this is your story after all so you are free to write him however you so choose :P
ultima-owner chapter 5 . 1/31
young love is so beautiful
Firestar007 chapter 5 . 1/31
Brilliant I love this fic! Love how Sirius is so quick to act like the overprotective brother it's adorable. They should be twins! well then guess that's what fanfiction is for. i'll keep an eye out for the sequel
Sakura Lisel chapter 4 . 1/30
Okay what does Lilly mean by 'its HARD to finding out she has a family, a family who MIGHT actually CARE for her'?! Sure the Evans aren't her REAL family, but why is she now considering them NOT her family just because she found out she's adopted and Sirius' sister, AND that her adopted family DOESN'T care for her as much as her REAL family does? I mean sure, Petunia is the exception of that 'family caring' thing, but haven't Marie and Eric been NOTHING but loving AND caring parents to Lily for the last 17 years? They never treated her any differently even when her magic started to show unlike Petunia. They've been nothing supportive and still loving towards her all these years like she WAS their biological daughter, and sticking up for her when Petunia goes into her magic hating rants and name calling, yet the way Lily's talking with the whole NOT 'having a family who CARES about her' you'd think she's claiming that all Marie and Eric have been doing for the last 17 years is abusing and neglecting her the way Petunia has been doing instead of being the good parents they've been since the day she was given to them.
ultima-owner chapter 4 . 1/28
she missed the chance of doing the "twin speak" method.
ArwenFairTinuviel chapter 4 . 1/27
Aww, such a lovely moment with Lily, Sirius and Regulus! It's wonderful how Lily and Sirius each missed out on a lot by being parted and are so glad to have each other, but it's also nice how they include Regulus too :) So the Blacks gave up Lily because they didn't want her to be forced to marry someone she didn't love? That's quite sweet really. But it must've been so tough.
ArwenFairTinuviel chapter 3 . 1/27
It was so funny how James poked Lily to get her attention, one of my friends used to do that to me and it tickled so badly! Lily seemed a little out of character fighting with Petunia so brutally, but Petunia was being VERY mean. I can definitely envisage her lashing out at Lily and throwing something as big as being adopted in her face without a care for her feelings. I'm intrigued to see what happens next when Lily finds out who she's related to!
ArwenFairTinuviel chapter 2 . 1/27
I love the banter in this chapter, it feels like it's so effortless for you to write but it's just brilliant! And your writing is getting much more pristine, it's nice to see you improving with each of your stories on here :) On to the next chapter!
Firestar007 chapter 4 . 1/27
Awww, that ending was so cute. I always thought Sirius and Lily would have a brother/sister relationship. Well done can't wait for the next chapter
ultima-owner chapter 3 . 1/24
Lily's world came crashing down with that truth
ultima-owner chapter 2 . 1/18
Exploding snap sounds like a blast of fun
ArwenFairTinuviel chapter 1 . 1/8
This is a most original idea for a story, I have no idea how you came up with it! So Lily is by blood Sirius' sister but is adopted by Mr & Mrs Evans… I understand that, and that the Black become fierce muggle-haters to put off anyone who suspected anything. But I don't understand why the Blacks don't want to have a daughter. Can you explain that to me or will it be explained in future chapters? Nice to see you writing again!
ultima-owner chapter 1 . 1/7
It's so sweet and yet sad